Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simulated driver for Network Interface Adapter Post 302464683 by Chrisdot on Wednesday 20th of October 2010 05:47:03 PM
Old 10-20-2010
Quote:
Have you ever compiled a kernel before?
I have only written some servers on linux, but it was rather general things like sockets and some algorythmics - no linux-only things. So I am brand new at linux.
Is Netbeans going to be sufficient environment? I got Ubuntu 9.10 distribution.

Thank you for your post - it is priceless to me to have some points I can start.

Last edited by Chrisdot; 10-20-2010 at 06:55 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

hacmp network adapter re-define

I have an LPAR in a P5 machine which has been setup in an HACMP cluster. The person who set it up allocated the wrong network adapter (en) to the persistent network. For the life of me I cannot find where I can re-assign this adapter. Anyone able to help me as I am tearing my hair out and do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

2. AIX

change network adapter

hello i've need to change network adapter on machine H80 aix 4.3.3 hacmp ( ent0 ) what i need to do after the new adapter installed on the machine? thanks best regards ariec (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to active this network adapter?

When I configure two VIO Servers, VIOS1 used to ping its gateway, after I configured second VIOS2, VIOS1 cannpt ping its gateway, when I run this command: entstat -all ent#|grep -i priority Priority: 5 Active: False How to make Active to True? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

External Network Adapter for Solaris 10

Hi All, I am new here - this is my first post. I have installed Solaris 10 5/09 on my Dell M6300. The install went well, but the Dell's onboard network card is the Broadcom BCM5756ME Gigabit Ethernet - and sadly no Solaris driver exists for it. The Solaris 10 install just jumped by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soulmerchant
1 Replies

5. Programming

Compiling virtual network adapter driver problem (net_device struct)

Hi, I found on linuxgazette.net/93/bhaskaran.html page very useful sample of virtual driver (not connected to real hardware). I try to compile it with no effect. So: I got fresh Ubuntu 9.10 (kernel 2.6.31-14) My source is saved in networkAdapter.c file in /usr/src/myModules directory. I... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
21 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

7. Hardware

Need Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter CD or ixge driver

Hi, Does anybody have a "Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter installation CD" or driver ixge for Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet PCI-X adapter? I need it but can't find it anywhere. So if you know where I can download it or purchase it, please let me know. (Already tried Oracle's website, don't have it) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lhao
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Attach Solaris 11.1 rwn driver to RaLink RT8200/8260 Wi Fi Adapter

I installed Solaris 11.1 on a X86 PC. It's working except for one glaring problem : I cannot get a driver attached to the RaLink RT2800 (Wi Fi Adapter). Can someone point me in the direction where " the correct" driver exists, or let me know how I can tell Solaris to attach the device to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JWH
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

10. AIX

Misconfiguration detected Adapter interface name en 3 Adapter offset 0

Hi, We had a hardware problem with an IBM System p5 server, with AIX 5.2 We restore from a tape the last backup we had, but the server does not boot up as expected. The server try to mount some directories from a storage, but could not comunicate with them, we check the FC and everything is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
12 Replies
IXGBE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  IXGBE(4)

NAME
ixgbe -- Intel(R) 10Gb Ethernet driver for the FreeBSD operating system SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ixgbe Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_ixgbe_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ixgbe driver provides support for PCI 10Gb Ethernet adapters based on the Intel 82598EB Intel(R) Network Connections. The driver sup- ports Jumbo Frames, MSIX, TSO, and RSS. For questions related to hardware requirements, refer to the documentation supplied with your Intel 10GbE adapter. All hardware requirements listed apply to use with FreeBSD. Support for Jumbo Frames is provided via the interface MTU setting. Selecting an MTU larger than 1500 bytes with the ifconfig(8) utility configures the adapter to receive and transmit Jumbo Frames. The maximum MTU size for Jumbo Frames is 16114. This driver version supports VLANs. For information on enabling VLANs, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
The ixgbe driver supports the following cards: o Intel(R) 10 Gigabit XF SR/AF Dual Port Server Adapter o Intel(R) 10 Gigabit XF SR/LR Server Adapter o Intel(R) 82598EB 10 Gigabit AF Network Connection o Intel(R) 82598EB 10 Gigabit AT CX4 Network Connection DIAGNOSTICS
ixgbe%d: Unable to allocate bus resource: memory A fatal initialization error has occurred. ixgbe%d: Unable to allocate bus resource: interrupt A fatal initialization error has occurred. ixgbe%d: watchdog timeout -- resetting The device has stopped responding to the network, or there is a problem with the network connection (cable). SUPPORT
For general information and support, go to the Intel support website at: http://support.intel.com. If an issue is identified with the released source code on the supported kernel with a supported adapter, email the specific information related to the issue to <freebsd@intel.com>. SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), polling(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The ixgbe device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 7.0. AUTHORS
The ixgbe driver was written by Intel Corporation <freebsd@intel.com>. BSD
December 19, 2010 BSD