Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append text from one file to another based on a search from the end of a document Post 302464656 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 20th of October 2010 04:30:15 PM
Old 10-20-2010
something to start with:
Code:
nawk '/\$HESS/ {arr="";f=1} f {arr=(arr)?arr ORS $0:$0} /\$END/{f=0} END {print arr}' job_input.dat

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a field to the end of each line of a file based on searching another file.

Hi All, I have two comma separated value(CSV) files, say FileA and FileB. The contents looks like that shown below. FileA EmpNo,Name,Age,Sex, 1000,ABC,23,M, 1001,DES,24,F, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimate
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text at end of the first line in a file

Hi I need to append some text @ end of the first line in a file. like myfile.txt list = a,b,c list.a=some.. I give the arg "d" . now it append at end of first line list=a,b,c,d list.a=some... Please help me out this (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: catgovind
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search directory-find files-append at end of line

Hi, I have a command "get_data" with some parameters in few *.text files of a directory. I want to first find those files that contain this command and then append the following parameter to the end of the command. example of an entry in the file :- get_data -x -m50 /etc/web/getid this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

append some text message at the end of the file

Hi All, Please tell me how to append some text message at the end of the file. "File too large to view" example: xyz.log contains hhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj "File too large to view" Please advice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I append a text at end of file after displaying the file

I have a file "sample.txt" with the content as below: Hi This is a Sample Text. I need a single command using cat which serve the following purpose. 1.display the contents of sample.txt 2.append some text to it 3. and then exit But, all should be served by a sinle command.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g.ashok
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append the text file with comma at the end of every word

Hi folks, Using shell, I am trying the append comma to every line of text. the requirement is like, I have to open the txt file in unix and read line by line and should add comma at the end of every word to make it single line txt file ------- abc@gmail.com bcd@gmail.com... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string, then append character to end of that line only

I have 2 files that I am working with $ cat file1 server1 server3 server5 server6 server8 $ cat file2 server1;Solaris; server2; SLES; server3;Linux; server4; Solaris; server5;SLES; server6;SLES; server7;Solaris; server8;Linux; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snoman1
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To append new data at the end of each line based on substring of last column

Hi guys, I need to append new data at the end of each line of the files. This new data is based on substring (3rd fields) of last column. Input file xxx.csv: U1234|1-5X|orange|1-5X|Act|1-5X|0.1 /sac/orange 12345 0 U5678|1-7X|grape|1-7X|Act|1-7X|0.1 /sac/grape 5678 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: null7
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - go to file and search a part and set at the end text

Hello, i hope the titel is okay. I want to edit a line in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/firewall.conf So the Line can contains: OPEN_TCP="436, 25, 80, 110, 143, 443, 465, 587, 993, 995, 21, 20" i want to search in this line: OPEN_TCP="*, *, 80, *, *, 443, *, *, *, *" and i want to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tJAdASwIRDESSEI
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to append multiple text files into one file based on pattern present in filaname

Hi All-I am new to Unix , I need to write a script. Can someone help me with a requirement where I have list of files in a directory, I want to Merge the files if a pattern of string matches in filenames? AAAL_555A_ORANGE1_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE2_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE3_F190404.TXT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
6 Replies
COLLATOR_SORT(3)							 1							  COLLATOR_SORT(3)

Collator::sort - Sort array using specified collator

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool Collator::sort (array &$arr, [int $sort_flag]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool collator_sort (Collator $coll, array &$arr, [int $sort_flag]) This function sorts an array according to current locale rules. Equivalent to standard PHP sort(3) . PARAMETERS
o $coll -Collator object. o $arr - Array of strings to sort. o $sort_flag - Optional sorting type, one of the following: o Collator::SORT_REGULAR - compare items normally (don't change types) o Collator::SORT_NUMERIC - compare items numerically o Collator::SORT_STRING - compare items as strings Default sorting type is Collator::SORT_REGULAR. It is also used if an invalid $sort_flag value has been specified. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 collator_sort(3) example <?php $coll = collator_create( 'en_US' ); $arr = array( 'at', 'as', 'as' ); var_export( $arr ); collator_sort( $coll, $arr ); var_export( $arr ); ?> The above example will output: array ( 0 => 'at', 1 => 'as', 2 => 'as', )array ( 0 => 'as', 1 => 'as', 2 => 'at', ) SEE ALSO
Collator constants, collator_asort(3), collator_sort_with_sort_keys(3). PHP Documentation Group COLLATOR_SORT(3)