Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling perl script in shell program Post 302464585 by Scott on Wednesday 20th of October 2010 01:00:13 PM
Old 10-20-2010
Any (well written) Perl program should probably have a shebang (#!/usr/bin/perl ....) in it.

In that case, call it as you would call anything else.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script from perl

Hi all, Not sure if this is the right forum to post query regarding perl script. I have a perl script which internally calls a shell script. My problem is that the shell script should be passed command line arguments. I call a shell script from perl using: system("sript.sh"); How do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SHELL script from C program

Hi, I just tried to call a simple script from a pretty simple C program. I could not succeed :-( a message was thrown saying "sh: line 1: "Script name with path": Permission denied" The C program and shell script are below, both are in the same directory and shell script is given... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script from C program by calling fork and execl

I need to write a c program that uses the fork and excel system calls to run the shell script mode invoked like this: "./mode 644 ls -l" (that is the argumetns will always be 644 ls -l) here's the mode script: #!/bin/sh octal="$1" shift find . -maxdepth 1 -perm $octal -exec $@ {} \; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: computethis
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a c program using perl script

On bash I run precompiled c Program as follows: ./create_cust 1 10000 US S > us_cust.csv create_cust is a c program and requires 4 parameters. I am redirecting the output of this program to csv file I need to run this same program in perl I am aware of exec command though not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkbond
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a shell script from a C program

Hi, I have a shell script which connects to a database and fetches the count of the records from a table. I want to embed this whole script in a C program. Also the count fetched should be available in the C program for further usage. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
0 Replies

6. Programming

Calling a shell script from a C program

Hi, I have a shell script which connects to a database and fetches the count of the records from a table. I want to embed this whole script in a C program. Also the count fetched should be available in the C program for further usage. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
9 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl subroutine from shell script (sh)

Hi, ive a perl script, where it has a subroutine clear() in it, and i've one shell script which runs in background, from that shell script i wanted to call subroutine which is in perl script, that's perl script is not module, just simple script. Eg: perl script <test> #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asarunkumar
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling PERL from a Korn shell script

I am currently in Afghanistan and do not have access to some of the resources I normally do back in the US. Just accessed this site and it looks promising! Hopefully you will not find my question too much of a waste of your time. I write mostly Korn Shell and PERL on Solaris systems for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mseanowen
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl from shell script

I am calling a perl script from shell script. $ cat mah_appln_bkp_oln.ksh #!/bin/ksh . /udb/home/udbappln/.profile . /udb/home/udbappln/sqllib/db2profile Com=/udb/udbappln/utility/systemscripts/currentUMR perl $Com/backup.pl -d dbname --tsm --purgetsmcopies 21 --purgetsmlogs exit 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies
YAPP(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  YAPP(1p)

NAME
yapp - A perl frontend to the Parse::Yapp module SYNOPSYS
yapp [options] grammar[.yp] yapp -V yapp -h DESCRIPTION
yapp is a frontend to the Parse::Yapp module, which lets you compile Parse::Yapp grammar input files into Perl LALR(1) OO parser modules. OPTIONS
Options, as of today, are all optionals :-) -v Creates a file grammar.output describing your parser. It will show you a summary of conflicts, rules, the DFA (Deterministic Finite Automaton) states and overall usage of the parser. -s Create a standalone module in which the driver is included. Note that if you have more than one parser module called from a program, to have it standalone, you need this option only for one of your parser module. -n Disable source file line numbering embedded in your parser module. I don't know why one should need it, but it's there. -m module Gives your parser module the package name (or name space or module name or class name or whatever-you-call-it) of module. It defaults to grammar -o outfile The compiled output file will be named outfile for your parser module. It defaults to grammar.pm or, if you specified the option -m A::Module::Name (see below), to Name.pm. -t filename The -t filename option allows you to specify a file which should be used as template for generating the parser output. The default is to use the internal template defined in Parse::Yapp::Output.pm. For how to write your own template and which substitutions are available, have a look to the module Parse::Yapp::Output.pm : it should be obvious. -b shebang If you work on systems that understand so called shebangs, and your generated parser is directly an executable script, you can specifie one with the -b option, ie: yapp -b '/usr/local/bin/perl -w' -o myscript.pl myscript.yp This will output a file called myscript.pl whose very first line is: #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w The argument is mandatory, but if you specify an empty string, the value of $Config{perlpath} will be used instead. grammar The input grammar file. If no suffix is given, and the file does not exists, an attempt to open the file with a suffix of .yp is tried before exiting. -V Display current version of Parse::Yapp and gracefully exits. -h Display the usage screen. BUGS
None known now :-) AUTHOR
Francois Desarmenien <francois@fdesar.net> COPYRIGHT
(c) Copyright 1998-1999 Francois Desarmenien, all rights reserved. See Parse::Yapp(3) for legal use and distribution rights SEE ALSO
Parse::Yapp(3) Perl(1) yacc(1) bison(1) perl v5.10.1 2001-02-11 YAPP(1p)