Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mkisofs to create iso
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mkisofs to create iso Post 302464519 by stinkefisch on Wednesday 20th of October 2010 10:51:23 AM
Old 10-20-2010
Sorted

Code:
mkisofs -o output.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table root-dir

did the magic

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ISO creation problem :-: mkisofs

Hi, I am trying to burn a directory containing some install scripts/executables etc onto a cd. I am using redhat v7.0. I have tried using mkisofs, but so far have not been able to get the case of the filenames to be correct. one file is called: startInstaller but it always comes out as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghoti
1 Replies

2. Tips and Tutorials

Create a Solaris Jumpstart from iso

The Solaris 9 and later CD ISO images are laid out differently than previous versions of the ISO images for Solaris. If you just want to build a jumpstart and can afford the bandwidth to do so, download the Solaris DVD and use that instead. You don't need to do any of this with the DVD iso. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Create an ISO image of whole system

Hi All, Please help me with this. My plan is to create an ISO image of my current solaris 8 OS.Because we use a stripped out version of solaris 8 which is different than the standard one in CD. Will dd command will do ? My idea is to create a VMware image from iso file and play it in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

how to re-create kick start bootable ISO

Hi All, I want to create kick start bootable ISO file. I have Centos 5.4 ISO and customized ks.cfg file. Now I need to recreate ISO with ks.cfg and content of existing ISO. During installation, it automatically should pick the kick start file and need to proceed with the installation. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to create a bootable ISO from running Linux box?

Hi All, I have one query on creating bootable ISO. I have installed Centos 5.6 and done few configuration changes which is needed for deploying my App. Later I have deployed my app. Now Centos is up and running in a dedicated box along with my app. Now I want to create the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to Create ISO Image of a CD/DVD in Solaris 10?

Hi Solaris 10 Experts, How can I create an ISO Image of a CD/DVD from the cdrom to a temporary directory, and then use that image to burn it on a blank DVD in the cdrom in Solaris 10 1/13 OS environment? Please provide me with an example. With best regards, SS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssabet
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create .nfo file in ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8

Hey guys, I have a little problem, Let's say I create this script : #!/bin/sh nfo_file="/home/admin/info.nfo" echo "▒▒█ Hello █▒▒" > $nfo_fileIt seems to be okay : cat /home/admin/info.nfo ▒▒█ Hello █▒▒file -bi /home/admin/info.nfo text/plain; charset=utf-8But when I open it in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: antoinelomb
7 Replies
MKBOOTDISK(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     MKBOOTDISK(8)

NAME
mkbootdisk - creates a stand-alone boot floppy for the running system SYNOPSIS
mkbootdisk [--version] [--noprompt] [--verbose] [--device devicefile] [--size size] [--kernelargs <args>] [--iso] kernel DESCRIPTION
mkbootdisk creates a boot floppy appropriate for the running system. The boot disk is entirely self-contained, and includes an initial ramdisk image which loads any necessary SCSI modules for the system. The created boot disk looks for the root filesystem on the device sug- gested by /etc/fstab. The only required argument is the kernel version to put onto the boot floppy. OPTIONS
--device devicefile The boot image is created on devicefile. If --device is not specified, /dev/fd0 is used. If devicefile does not exist mkinitrd cre- ates a 1.44Mb floppy image using devicefile as the filename. --noprompt Normally, mkbootdisk instructs the user to insert a floppy and waits for confirmation before continuing. If --noprompt is specified, no prompt is displayed. --verbose Instructs mkbootdisk to talk about what it's doing as it's doing it. Normally, there is no output from mkbootdisk. --iso Instructs mkbootdisk to make a bootable ISO image as devicefile. --version Displays the version of mkbootdisk and exits. --kernelargs args Adds args to the arguments appended on the kernel command line. If this is not specified mkbootdisk uses grubby to parse the argu- ments for the default kernel from grub.conf, if possible. --size size Uses ize (in kilobytes) as the size of the image to use for the boot disk. If this is not specified, mkbootdisk will assume a stan- dard 1.44Mb floppy device. SEE ALSO
grubby(8) mkinitrd(1) AUTHOR
Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue Mar 31 1998 MKBOOTDISK(8)