Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris check the utilization of kernel values ? Post 302464405 by jlliagre on Wednesday 20th of October 2010 05:14:18 AM
Old 10-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamurali
Any native Solaris commands/scripts to check the utilization of kernel tables/limits in Solaris ? (like equivalent command in HPUX is kcusage)
There is no equivalent single command I'm aware of. Moreover, some of the kernel tunables are handled differently on Solaris 10 and newer. They can be dynamically adjusted instead of being fixed at boot time and can also be different depending on their consumer (eg: project or zone).
Are there specific metrics you would like to check/monitor ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How to check CPU Utilization

Hi All, I want to check the CPU Utilization for my SCO UNIX machine. Please suggest some commands to do that. Thanks, Am (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter values

Hi All Need to find kernel parameter values of our UNIX box. /filesys1/tmp>uname -a HP-UX hps1_dc B.11.11 U 9000/800 1681349356 unlimited-user license /filesys1/CDBLprodrun/tmp> Can anyone help me with the cmd to find kernel parameter values? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check space utilization in recursive mode

Hi friends, I have the following query.. Suppose I have the parent directory as /home/suresh/Jobs and assume there are many child ub-directories created within this parent directory I would like to fire a command which will give me the space utilization within each of the child... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for the Processes in Unix and also CPU utilization

What is the command for checking all the processes running on UNIX. Alos can any one share the CPU utilization script to know what are all the processes running and what is the cpu utilization ... thanks in advance Perla Mohan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
3 Replies

5. SuSE

How to check Memory Utilization by each process

If following is the usage of cat /proc/meminfo MemTotal: 4051304 kB MemFree: 28544 kB Buffers: 216848 kB Cached: 3398628 kB SwapCached: 0 kB Active: 455460 kB Inactive: 3291612 kB HighTotal: 0 kB HighFree: 0 kB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check high cpu utilization for java process

Hello Team, I need help in preparing script to check for high cpu utilisation for java process. I have many java process on my system which consumes high cpu so i have to monitor it using script. ---------- Post updated 12-10-10 at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous update was 12-09-10 at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to check Utilization of single filesystem

Hi all I am facing high utilization of my root partition. below is the output of df -h bash-3.00# df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 9.9G 9.4G 406M 96% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: waqasahsan
13 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need to check full utilization of my pc RAM - any commands ???

hi guys, I wanted to utilize my PC's full RAM memory to check its performance, for that how can i perform this full RAM utilization with the help of a process or a command in rhel 6. for example, in windows, while checking the harddisk for error (chkdsk - command ) could takes full RAM... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to check overall hard disk utilization in UNIX?

how to check overall hard disk utilization in unix? we use bdf command to find the utilized space for the particular path bdf filepath how can i find overall hard disk utilization? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwanthfrq
4 Replies
dhcp(5)                                                 Standards, Environments, and Macros                                                dhcp(5)

NAME
dhcp - Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol DESCRIPTION
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) enables host systems in a TCP/IP network to be configured automatically for the network as they boot. DHCP uses a client/server mechanism: servers store configuration information for clients, and provide that information upon a client's request. The information can include the client's IP address and information about network services available to the client. This manual page provides a brief summary of the Solaris DHCP implementation. Solaris DHCP Client The Solaris DHCP client is implemented as background daemon, dhcpagent(1M). This daemon is started automatically during bootup if there exists at least one dhcp.interface file in /etc. Only interfaces with a corresponding /etc/dhcp.interface file are automatically configured during boot. Network parameters needed for system configuration during bootup are extracted from the information recieved by the daemon through the use of the dhcpinfo(1) command. The daemon's default behavior can be altered by changing the tunables in the /etc/default/dhc- pagent file. The daemon is controlled by the ifconfig(1M) utility. Check the status of the daemon using the netstat(1M) and ifconfig(1M) commands. Solaris DHCP Server The Solaris DHCP server is implemented as a background daemon, in.dhcpd(1M). This daemon can deliver network configuration information to either BOOTP or DHCP clients. The Solaris DHCP service can be managed using the dhcpmgr(1M) GUI or the command line utilities dhcpcon- fig(1M), dhtadm(1M), and pntadm(1M). DHCP Configuration Tables The Solaris DHCP server stores client configuration information in the following two types of tables: dhcptab tables Contain macros and options (also known as symbols), used to construct a package of configuration information to send to each DHCP client. There exists only one dhcptab for the DHCP service. The dhcptab(4) can be viewed and mod- ified using the dhtadm(1M) command or dhcpmgr(1M) graphical utility. See dhcptab(4) for more information about the syntax of dhcptab records. See dhcp_inittab(4) for more information about the DHCP options and symbols. DHCP network tables DHCP network tables, which contain mappings of client IDs to IP addresses and parameters associated with those addresses. Network tables are named with the IP address of the network, and can be created, viewed, and modified using the pntadm command or dhcpmgr graphical utility. See dhcp_network(4) for more information about network tables. SEE ALSO
dhcpinfo(1), dhcpagent(1M), dhcpconfig(1M), dhcpmgr(1M), dhtadm(1M), ifconfig(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), netstat(1M), pntadm(1M), syslog(3C), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_inittab(4), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide Alexander, S., and R. Droms. RFC 2132, DHCP Options and BOOTP Vendor Extensions. Silicon Graphics, Inc. Bucknell University. March 1997. Droms, R. RFC 1534, Interoperation Between DHCP and BOOTP. Bucknell University. October 1993. Droms, R. RFC 2131, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. Bucknell University. March 1997. Wimer, W. RFC 1542, Clarifications and Extensions for the Bootstrap Protocol. Carnegie Mellon University. October 1993. SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcp(5)