Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regular expression (sed)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular expression (sed) Post 302464349 by agama on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 10:33:04 PM
Old 10-19-2010
Assuming one --xxx per line, and that there might be text following the quoted string, this will work:

Code:
 sed -r 's/.*--xxx[^"]*"//; s/".*//'

Last edited by agama; 10-19-2010 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: typo
This User Gave Thanks to agama For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression with sed

Hi, I'm trying following:echo "test line XA24433 test" | sed 's/.*X\(.*\)/X\1/' XA24433 test While I want the output as: XA24433 I want to grab the words starting with letter X till the next space, this word can be anywhere in the line. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression with SED

Hi! I'm trying to write a regexp but I have no luck... I have a string like this: param1=sometext&param2=hello&param3=bye Also, the string can be simply: param2=hello I want to return the value of param2: "hello". How can I do this? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GagleKas
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed regular expression help

please consider this: echo "11111*X*005010X279~ST*270*1111111*005010X279~BHT*0011*11" | sed 's/.*\(005010X(\d)(\d)(\d)*\).*$/\1/'i'm searching for first occurrence of 005010X while leaving rest of characters out. :confused: any tips? thnx in advance guys. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep01
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expression In Sed

Hi , I am learing sed echo abc 123 def 456 | sed 's|\(*\) \(*\)|\1|' is returning abc def 456 i was hoping abc def "\1" should only print the occurence of the first pattern but according to my understanding it is just removing the first occurence of the second pattern... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
7 Replies

5. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed regular expression

Hi all, I want to get a substring from a string based on given delimiter, for example: str="foo|bar|baz" with delimiter "|", I want to get one substring at each time with the order number the substring in the whole string, given 1 to get "foo", given 2 to get "bar", given 3 to get "baz", I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roy987
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I am learning regular expression in sed,Please help me understand the use curly bracket in sed,

I am learning SED and just following the shell scripting book, i have trouble understanding the grep and sed statement, Question : 1 __________ /opt/oracle/work/antony>cat teledir.txt jai sharma 25853670 chanchal singhvi 9831545629 anil aggarwal 9830263298 shyam saksena 23217847 lalit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Antony Ankrose
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed regular expression

Hi , I need to remove pipe character from a |^ delimeted file. Something like |^tran|sformers||^|revenge |of fallen|^ to |^transformers|^revenge of fallen|^... Cold anybody please help to build the regular expression using sed . many thanks. Please use code tags next time for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokjek
1 Replies
Config::Model::Loader(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Config::Model::Loader(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::Loader - Load serialized data into config tree VERSION
version 2.021 SYNOPSIS
use Config::Model; use Log::Log4perl qw(:easy); Log::Log4perl->easy_init($WARN); # define configuration tree object my $model = Config::Model->new; $model->create_config_class( name => "Foo", element => [ [qw/foo bar/] => { type => 'leaf', value_type => 'string' }, ] ); $model ->create_config_class ( name => "MyClass", element => [ [qw/foo bar/] => { type => 'leaf', value_type => 'string' }, hash_of_nodes => { type => 'hash', # hash id index_type => 'string', cargo => { type => 'node', config_class_name => 'Foo' }, }, [qw/lista listb/] => { type => 'list', cargo => {type => 'leaf', value_type => 'string' } }, ], ) ; my $inst = $model->instance(root_class_name => 'MyClass' ); my $root = $inst->config_root ; # put data my $step = 'foo=FOO hash_of_nodes:fr foo=bonjour - hash_of_nodes:en foo=hello ! lista=foo,bar lista:2=baz listb:0=foo listb:1=baz'; $root->load( step => $step ); print $root->describe," " ; # name value type comment # foo FOO string # bar [undef] string # hash_of_nodes <Foo> node hash keys: "en" "fr" # lista foo,bar,baz list # listb foo,baz list # delete some data $root->load( step => 'lista~2' ); print $root->describe(element => 'lista')," " ; # name value type comment # lista foo,bar list # append some data $root->load( step => q!hash_of_nodes:en foo.=" world"! ); print $root->grab('hash_of_nodes:en')->describe(element => 'foo')," " ; # name value type comment # foo "hello world" string DESCRIPTION
This module is used directly by Config::Model::Node to load serialized configuration data into the configuration tree. Serialized data can be written by the user or produced by Config::Model::Dumper while dumping data from a configuration tree. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( ) No parameter. The constructor should be used only by Config::Model::Node. load string syntax The string is made of the following items (also called "actions") separated by spaces: - Go up one node ! Go to the root node of the configuration tree. xxx Go down using "xxx" element. (For "node" type element) xxx:yy Go down using "xxx" element and id "yy" (For "hash" or "list" element with "node" cargo_type) xxx=~/yy/ Go down using "xxx" element and loop over the ids that match the regex. (For "hash") For instance, with "OpenSsh" model, you could do Host=~/.*.debian.org/ user='foo-guest' to set "foo-user" users for all your debian accounts. xxx~yy Delete item referenced by "xxx" element and id "yy". For a list, this is equivalent to "splice xxx,yy,1". This command does not go down in the tree (since it has just deleted the element). I.e. a '"-"' is generally not needed afterwards. xxx=zz Set element "xxx" to value "yy". load also accepts to set elements with a quoted string. (For "leaf" element) For instance "foo="a quoted string"". Note that you cannot embed double quote in this string. I.e "foo="a "quoted" string"" will fail. xxx~ Undef element "xxx" xxx=z1,z2,z3 Set list element "xxx" to list "z1,z2,z3". Use ",," for undef values, and "" for empty values. I.e, for a list "('a',undef,'','c')", use "a,,"",c". xxx:yy=zz For "hash" element containing "leaf" cargo_type. Set the leaf identified by key "yy" to value "zz". Using "xxx=~/yy/=zz" is also possible. xxx.=zzz Will append "zzz" value to current values (valid for "leaf" elements). xxx#zzz or xxx:yyy#zzz Element annotation. Can be quoted or not quoted. Note that annotations are always placed at the end of an action item. I.e. "foo#comment", "foo:bar#comment" or "foo:bar=baz#comment" are valid. "foo#comment:bar" is not valid. Quotes You can surround indexes and values with double quotes. E.g.: a_string=""titi" and "toto"" Methods load ( ... ) Load data into the node tree (from the node passed with "node") and fill values as we go following the instructions passed with "step". ("step" can also be an array ref). Parameters are: node node ref of the root of the tree (of sub-root) to start the load from. step A string or an array ref containing the steps to load. See above for a description of the string. experience Specify the experience level used during the load (default: "master"). The experience can be "intermediate advanced master". The load will raise an exception if the step of the load string tries to access an element with experience higher than user's experience. check Whether to check values while loading. Either "yes" (default), "no" or "skip". Loading with "skip" will discard bad values. AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont, (ddumont at cpan dot org) SEE ALSO
Config::Model,Config::Model::Node,Config::Model::Dumper perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 Config::Model::Loader(3pm)