Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris check the utilization of kernel values ? Post 302464280 by thamurali on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 04:22:06 PM
Old 10-19-2010
check the utilization of kernel values ?

Any native Solaris commands/scripts to check the utilization of kernel tables/limits in Solaris ? (like equivalent command in HPUX is kcusage)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How to check CPU Utilization

Hi All, I want to check the CPU Utilization for my SCO UNIX machine. Please suggest some commands to do that. Thanks, Am (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter values

Hi All Need to find kernel parameter values of our UNIX box. /filesys1/tmp>uname -a HP-UX hps1_dc B.11.11 U 9000/800 1681349356 unlimited-user license /filesys1/CDBLprodrun/tmp> Can anyone help me with the cmd to find kernel parameter values? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check space utilization in recursive mode

Hi friends, I have the following query.. Suppose I have the parent directory as /home/suresh/Jobs and assume there are many child ub-directories created within this parent directory I would like to fire a command which will give me the space utilization within each of the child... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for the Processes in Unix and also CPU utilization

What is the command for checking all the processes running on UNIX. Alos can any one share the CPU utilization script to know what are all the processes running and what is the cpu utilization ... thanks in advance Perla Mohan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
3 Replies

5. SuSE

How to check Memory Utilization by each process

If following is the usage of cat /proc/meminfo MemTotal: 4051304 kB MemFree: 28544 kB Buffers: 216848 kB Cached: 3398628 kB SwapCached: 0 kB Active: 455460 kB Inactive: 3291612 kB HighTotal: 0 kB HighFree: 0 kB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check high cpu utilization for java process

Hello Team, I need help in preparing script to check for high cpu utilisation for java process. I have many java process on my system which consumes high cpu so i have to monitor it using script. ---------- Post updated 12-10-10 at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous update was 12-09-10 at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to check Utilization of single filesystem

Hi all I am facing high utilization of my root partition. below is the output of df -h bash-3.00# df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 9.9G 9.4G 406M 96% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: waqasahsan
13 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need to check full utilization of my pc RAM - any commands ???

hi guys, I wanted to utilize my PC's full RAM memory to check its performance, for that how can i perform this full RAM utilization with the help of a process or a command in rhel 6. for example, in windows, while checking the harddisk for error (chkdsk - command ) could takes full RAM... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to check overall hard disk utilization in UNIX?

how to check overall hard disk utilization in unix? we use bdf command to find the utilized space for the particular path bdf filepath how can i find overall hard disk utilization? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwanthfrq
4 Replies
kcmond(1M)																kcmond(1M)

NAME
kcmond - EMS Kernel Tunable Monitor daemon SYNOPSIS
kcmond DESCRIPTION
The kcmond daemon monitors the consumption of kernel resources. It is an Event Monitoring Services (EMS - see ems(5)) monitor. The data collected by kcusage can be displayed by kcusage(1M). kcmond includes a resource dictionary file (/etc/opt/resmon/dictionary/kcmond_01.dict) which is used by EMS to identify resources for moni- toring. Users can control the monitoring of each kernel tunable by setting a percentage value for the consumption of that resource. For example, if the user sets a value of 75 for nproc, the Kernel Tunable Monitor will report an event when the number of processes reaches 75% of the nproc setting. The kcalarm(1M) command is used to add, modify and delete kernel tunable alarms. The kcusage(1M) command is used to view data collected by kcmond. The kcweb(1M) command provides a Web-based, graphical user interface to control alarms and view usage data, including graphs of the usage data. kcmond is a light weight daemon that will exit after being idle for ten minutes. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
For a complete list of the kernel tunables that can be monitored with this daemon, see the kcusage(1M) manpage. DEPENDENCIES
kcmond must be run by the registrar process of the Event Monitoring Service (EMS) and is not designed to be run from the command line. AUTHORS
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. FILES
Executable. The resource dictionary for kcmond, describes the location (e.g. /system/kernel_tunables/nproc) of kernel tunables in the resource hierar- chy and references kcmond as the resource monitor. Log file for the entire Resource Monitor Framework, including kcmond. Any errors are logged here. SEE ALSO
kcalarm(1M), ems(5), kcusage(1M) kcmond(1M)