Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting can I run a exe which is at bin dir from my script. Post 302464081 by tene on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 08:32:20 AM
Old 10-19-2010
There are two ways.

1) First set your bin path to the $PATH env variable.
Code:
export PATH=$PATH:/abc/xyz/bin/

Then you can run the exe from your script by just calling the name.

2) Call the exe using the absolute path from the script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run an exe from different folder

Am trying to run a exe on my unix machine from a different folder. For instance, i have a perl file in a folder /home/asif/runprj.pl which runs a exe in a different folder /home/projects/cobsat/a.out and my perl file is something like this #!/usr/bin/perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Asif Ali
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to go to a different dir to run a commandline prompt in that dir

Hi, I need to know how I'll be able to write a script that can goto a different dir where I don't have access to read,write and execute and also to run a commandline prompt in that dir with one file whose path has to be specified in that command. Will I be able to do this? Any ideas or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ann_124
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to run base64 exe

Hi, I have copied base64.exe under base64-1.3 folder and i am trying to run base64.exe from another folder called Request. But i am getting the following error message. mga.ksh: base64: not found Please let me know how to execute the base64.exe from a directory where it is not installed. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotus123
0 Replies

4. Linux

How to run .exe

Hai, is there any way to run an .exe file in unix environment . i have read that WINE HQ supports this concept but its very inconsistent and upto the user risk . but i tried WINE but iam not able to configure it can any one help me in this matter Regards Sanju (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjustudy
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to run .exe file

Hello, I have an test.exe file under a directory. When i execute the .exe file directory from the prompt, i get following error: $ test.exe <enter> ksh: test.exe: not found How do i solve this error? TIA, Ramesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brap45
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it possible to run .exe in unix

hi friends i want to know if its possible to run windows exe files in unix.... i know the file system in windows and unix are totally different. but is there any application which allows this???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run a command on all txt files present in a dir structure

Hi, I have a directory structure like the one given below root\a\b1 root\a\b2 root\b\b1 root\b\b2 . . . root\j\b1 root\j\b2 Now, there are a txt files in each dir and subdir, there is a root.txt I have to write a script where in i have to run a command called "genrb <filename>"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramsinghnegi
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I run a .bin file in another directory in a script?

The way this works from the command prompt is: ___________________________________________ cd /data/local/bin chmod 0755 file.bin ./file.bin _______________________________________________ How do I make this happen in a script. The file must be run in its directory but I can not get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrstdvd
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run .exe inside shell script

I have to run some shell scripts in Windows using Cygwin. I am able to achieve that using %BASH% --login -i "/cygdrive/d/script.sh" , where %BASH% is an environment variable in Windows set to C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe. I have a created a Cygwin environment variable $EXE_PATH =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemanthJayasimh
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert my /bin/sh script with cgi and html to run it on browser!??

Hello, I want to run this script on my CentOS 6 via browser : ________________________________________________________________________________________________ #!/bin/sh echo Username? read MY_NAME echo Provisional file name? read MY_FILE echo File NAME you want to save? read MY_FILE2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: juta2020
16 Replies
GO-PATH(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						GO-PATH(7)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code DESCRIPTION
The Go path is used to resolve import statements. It is implemented by and documented in the go/build package. The GOPATH environment variable lists places to look for Go code. On Unix, the value is a colon-separated string. On Windows, the value is a semicolon-separated string. On Plan 9, the value is a list. GOPATH must be set to build and install packages outside the standard Go tree. Each directory listed in GOPATH must have a prescribed structure: The src/ directory holds source code. The path below 'src' determines the import path or executable name. The pkg/ directory holds installed package objects. As in the Go tree, each target operating system and architecture pair has its own sub- directory of pkg (pkg/GOOS_GOARCH). If DIR is a directory listed in the GOPATH, a package with source in DIR/src/foo/bar can be imported as "foo/bar" and has its compiled form installed to "DIR/pkg/GOOS_GOARCH/foo/bar.a". The bin/ directory holds compiled commands. Each command is named for its source directory, but only the final element, not the entire path. That is, the command with source in DIR/src/foo/quux is installed into DIR/bin/quux, not DIR/bin/foo/quux. The foo/ is stripped so that you can add DIR/bin to your PATH to get at the installed commands. If the GOBIN environment variable is set, commands are installed to the directory it names instead of DIR/bin. Here's an example directory layout: GOPATH=/home/user/gocode /home/user/gocode/ src/ foo/ bar/ (go code in package bar) x.go quux/ (go code in package main) y.go bin/ quux (installed command) pkg/ linux_amd64/ foo/ bar.a (installed package object) Go searches each directory listed in GOPATH to find source code, but new packages are always downloaded into the first directory in the list. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-PATH(7)