Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed newline to tab ,problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed newline to tab ,problem Post 302464032 by ygemici on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 06:23:50 AM
Old 10-19-2010
Code:
# cat file
gstreamer-plugins-good
gstreamer-plugins-bad
gstreamer-plugins-ugly

Code:
# sed -e :a -e 'N;s/\n/\t/' -e 'ta' file
gstreamer-plugins-good  gstreamer-plugins-bad   gstreamer-plugins-ugly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

newline character, space and tab after a string

no problem (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: how to remove newline after pattern?

Hi, I have the following XML not well-indented code: <hallo >this is a line </hallo> So I need to remove the newline. This syntax finds what I need to correct, but I don't know how to remove the newline after my pattern: sed 's/<.*$/&/' How can I subtract the newline after my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nico.ben
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to convert ~ in a file to newline

Hi, I have a .txt file which has a tilde(~) in it. All that I want is to break into a newline whenever there is an occurence of '~'. I have tried SED to do that but I could not succeed. I would appreciate if I can get a shell script(ksh) for this problem real quick. Thanks in advance. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntekupal
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errore Sed: unescaped newline

Salve, mi occorre realizzare uno script che prenda in ingresso tre parametri: un file di testo contenente una vecchia licenza, un file contenente una nuova licenza e una directory, contenente dei sorgenti c a cui sostituire la vecchia licenza con la nuova. Pensavo di utilizzare sed, con... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nolanofra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error: unescaped newline

Hi, i need to make a script bash that takes in input three parameters: a text file that contains an old license, a file that contains a new license, and a directory that contains source files and i have to substitute to these file the old license with the new one. So, i think tu use sed, in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolanofra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed I want to replace space by newline

Input: -------------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ------------------------- output wanted: --------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ---------------------- I want this by sed in simple way please help (I know by: tr ' ' '\n' < inputfile )I want it by sed only (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed newline

Hi everyone, I'd like to use the script validatehtml which returns either the given url is HTML strict or not, using http:// validator . w3 . org . sh validatehtml #!/bin/bash wget -q http:// validator . w3 .org / check?uri=$1 cat check\?uri\=$1 | sed -n '/h2/ p' | sed 's/ */ /g' | sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azertyazerty
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why SED can't see the last newline character?

Removed. My question does not make sense. and SED does see the last newline character. But I still have a question: How to remove the last newline character(the newline character at the end of last line) using SED? ---------- Post updated 05-01-11 at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous update was... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute newline with tab at designated field separator

Hello, I need to replace newline with tab at certain lines of the file (every four lines is a record). infile.fq: @GAIIX-300 ATAGTCAAAT + _SZS^\\\cd @GAIIX-300 CATACGACAT + hhghfdffhh @GAIIX-300 GACGACGTAT + gggfcfoutfile: @GAIIX-300 ATAGTCAAAT + _SZS^\\\cd @GAIIX-300 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove newline, tab, spaces in curly braces.. :( Pls Help?

Hi Everyone, in the below "xyz (Exception e)" part... after the curly braces, there is a new line and immediately few tabs are present before closing curly brace. xyz (Exception e) { } note: there can be one or more newlines between the curly braces. My desired output should be ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NY_777
6 Replies
DH_GSTSCANCODECS(1)	User   Contributed   Perl   Documentation
DH_GSTSCANCODECS(1)

NAME
dh_gstscancodecs - enumerate and classify gstreamer codecs SYNOPSIS
dh_gstscancodecs [debhelper options] DESCRIPTION
This program is meant to assist in building a package that provides codecs, demultiplexers and other media-handling components for gstreamer-based applications. dh_gstscancodecs generates substitution variable for de- bian/control, by scanning libraries /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/*.so and /usr/lib/$DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH/gstreamer-0.10/*.so. The generated substitution variables are gstreamer:Version Should be added to XB-GStreamer-Version gstreamer:Elements Should be added to XB-GStreamer-Elements gstreamer:Provides Should be added to Provides gstreamer:URISources Should be added to XB-GStreamer-URI-Sources gstreamer:URISinks Should be added to XB-GStreamer-URI-Sinks gstreamer:Encoders Should be added to XB-GStreamer-Encoders gstreamer:Decoders Should be added to XB-GStreamer-Decoders This control fields will be used by the /usr/bin/gstreamer-codec-install helper to install re- quired missing GStreamer elements. OPTIONS
The standard debhelper options are supported. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1) This program is an extension to debhelper. AUTHOR
Ian Jackson <iwj@ubuntu.com> Sebastian DrA~Xge <sebastian.droege@collabora.co.uk> perl v5.14.2 2013-01-26 DH_GSTSCANCODECS(1)