Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Best way of System Logging and Auditing? Post 302463999 by bartus11 on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 04:39:58 AM
Old 10-19-2010
What system are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Auditing

Hi all, Have been asked to learn up on providing Sytem Auditing on two SCO boxes. Where should I start and what pointers can anyone provide. Whilst I'm learning to look after these two SCO boxes, I'm also to eventually look after three Compaq DS20E True64 Unix boxes also in the near future. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File auditing

Hello everbody: I have a file on the system, I need to check who was the last user who accessed or modified it, and if i can get any further details i can get like IP or access time,etc. do you have any idea about simple concept or way i can do that in unix tru64 or solaris 9? thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auditing

:)I need a little help. I have sent all of our logs to our log server, but I can't send the audit logs that are in /var/log/audit.log. Can someone give me some type of idea to transfer these logs. Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris auditing (file access logging) for specific directory only.

Hello, We need to log the operations that specific user on Solaris 10 (SPARC) is performing on one directory and it's contents. I was able to configure solaris auditing service (auditd) and it works fine. The only problem is that auditd logs huge amount of unneeded information. We need to log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

6. AIX

AIX auditing

I have a question relating with AIX auditing Question is can we set Auditing on a particular file in AIX for a particular application only? Let say I have a file name "info.jar" and I have three application named APP1, APP2 & APP3 which are accessing that file so I want to know that which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Sol10 + OpenLDAP = excessive logging & full file system??!!

Hello all, new to this forum (member of many others). Hopefully I can find help here. SERVER: Brand new server Oracle Enterprise SPARC T4-1 Loaded Solaris SPARC 10 u10, patched to 147440-27 Loaded OpenLDAP v2.4.30 Loaded Berkley DB 4.7.25.NC Loaded OpenSSL 1.0.1c Note: All packages are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wraith_G2IC
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with structure of authlog in regard to an external log Auditing system.

Hello everyone, I hope I'm posting my question in the right section as it is not too easy to find the ideal spot for this one, especially for a brandspankingnew user of this forum. As this might be something simple I chose the Dummy section. By all means, feel free to move the post if not at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sjleegketting
4 Replies

9. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Configuring Auditing

Hello Solaris Team, We would like to implement some audit policy (using a log file) in Solaris 10 in order to record the following data in columns per all users: 1. Date 2. Time 3. User 4. Command executed 5. Terminal 6. IP Address Could you please help me in order to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
2 Replies
SLAPO-AUDITLOG(5)						File Formats Manual						 SLAPO-AUDITLOG(5)

NAME
slapo-auditlog - Audit Logging overlay to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf /etc/openldap/slapd.d DESCRIPTION
The Audit Logging overlay can be used to record all changes on a given backend database to a specified log file. Changes are logged as standard LDIF, with an additional comment header giving the timestamp of the change and the identity of the user making the change. For Add and Modify operations the identity comes from the modifiersName associated with the operation. This is usually the same as the requestor's identity, but may be set by other overlays to reflect other values. CONFIGURATION
This slapd.conf option applies to the Audit Logging overlay. It should appear after the overlay directive. auditlog <filename> Specify the fully qualified path for the log file. olcAuditlogFile <filename> For use with cn=config EXAMPLE
The following LDIF could be used to add this overlay to cn=config (adjust to suit) dn: olcOverlay=auditlog,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config changetype: add objectClass: olcOverlayConfig objectClass: olcAuditLogConfig olcOverlay: auditlog olcAuditlogFile: /tmp/auditlog.ldif FILES
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file /etc/openldap/slapd.d default slapd configuration directory SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd-config(5). OpenLDAP 2.4.28 2011/11/24 SLAPO-AUDITLOG(5)