Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Assign variable for INSERT INTO statement Post 302463942 by Poonamol on Monday 18th of October 2010 11:30:31 PM
Old 10-19-2010
Thanks for the information and your time.

still I am facing error from below code,
Code:
INSERT INTO BIOS_TRANSCODING ( EMPNAME,EMPID,EMPBDATE)
VALUES('$EMPNAME','$EMPID',TO_DATE('$EMPBDATE','YYYY-MM-DD'));

error is,
Code:
 TO_DATE("$EMPBDATE","YYYY-MM-DD")
ERROR at line 14:
ORA-06550: line 14, column 24:
PL/SQL: ORA-00984: column not allowed here
ORA-06550: line 7, column 1:
PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored

For point (b), I want to check the table is exists in database or not, If it exists then only do for INSERT INTO statement, So i used if condition with select count(*) statement.
For point (c), I'll try to use raise statement instead of NULL.

Please help me out.

Last edited by Poonamol; 10-19-2010 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: spell correction

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in insert statement

hi, When i try to run the code below, i get the following error "ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected" i am not able to figure it out. Can anyone help me? Code: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
2 Replies

3. Programming

Dynamic Insert statement

I have a form , where i will put the values to a table. I wrote a insert statement for the same. Table structure is ename | character varying(30) | eadd | character varying(30) | eid | integer | sal | integer In the statements, i don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i assign an select statement into a variable?

I am trying to assign an select statement into a variable. Can someone hel me with this. example : a='select * from dual' echo $a should give me select * from dual But this is not working. I trying with \ before * and quotes too. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

Dear All, we have a command output which looks like : Total 200 queues in 30000 Kbytes and we're going to get "200" and "30000" for further process. currently, i'm using : numA=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $2}' numB=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $5}' my question is : can I use just one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert numbers to a in between statement

Hi Guys, I want to create a shell script that will give me the output below. I want to insert the numbers from the input file to my url addresses below. And from the numbers below, I want to separate the last digit with a period (i.e. from 222222222222 to 22222222222.2). Appreciate any help.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert date in a statement?

Hi Guys, Can somebody help me in inserting today's DATE format (20110709) in my awk statement. I have a script but its not working. inputfile.txt: 269,1,0,AAA,430 231,2,0,BBB,430 252,3,0,CCC,430 214,4,0,DDD,430 script.sh #!/bin/bash DATE="`date +%Y%m%d`" cd /var/opt/ (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a space and assign the value to another variable?

Hello, I need to insert a space between 2 strings. I used many techniques and all of them worked but when I assign the value to another variable then the inserted space vanishes, strange! Please advise. # dat=`date |awk '{print $2,$3}'` # echo $dat Nov 3 The above is perfectly fine. Now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

I have the following script, and I want to assign the output ($10 and $5) from awk to N and L: grdinfo data.grd | awk '{print $10,$5}'| read N L output from gridinfo data.grd is: data.grd 50 100 41 82 -2796 6944 0.016 0.016 3001 2461. where N and L is suppose to be 3001 and 100. I use... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
8 Replies
DB2_PREPARE(3)								 1							    DB2_PREPARE(3)

db2_prepare - Prepares an SQL statement to be executed

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_prepare (resource $connection, string $statement, [array $options]) DESCRIPTION
db2_prepare(3) creates a prepared SQL statement which can include 0 or more parameter markers ( ? characters) representing parameters for input, output, or input/output. You can pass parameters to the prepared statement using db2_bind_param(3), or for input values only, as an array passed to db2_execute(3). There are three main advantages to using prepared statements in your application: o Performance: when you prepare a statement, the database server creates an optimized access plan for retrieving data with that statement. Subsequently issuing the prepared statement with db2_execute(3) enables the statements to reuse that access plan and avoids the overhead of dynamically creating a new access plan for every statement you issue. o Security: when you prepare a statement, you can include parameter markers for input values. When you execute a prepared statement with input values for placeholders, the database server checks each input value to ensure that the type matches the column defini- tion or parameter definition. o Advanced functionality: Parameter markers not only enable you to pass input values to prepared SQL statements, they also enable you to retrieve OUT and INOUT parameters from stored procedures using db2_bind_param(3). PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid database connection resource variable as returned from db2_connect(3) or db2_pconnect(3). o $statement - An SQL statement, optionally containing one or more parameter markers.. o $options - An associative array containing statement options. You can use this parameter to request a scrollable cursor on database servers that support this functionality. For a description of valid statement options, see db2_set_option(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource if the SQL statement was successfully parsed and prepared by the database server. Returns FALSE if the data- base server returned an error. You can determine which error was returned by calling db2_stmt_error(3) or db2_stmt_errormsg(3). EXAMPLES
Example #1 Preparing and executing an SQL statement with parameter markers The following example prepares an INSERT statement that accepts four parameter markers, then iterates over an array of arrays con- taining the input values to be passed to db2_execute(3). <?php $animals = array( array(0, 'cat', 'Pook', 3.2), array(1, 'dog', 'Peaches', 12.3), array(2, 'horse', 'Smarty', 350.0), ); $insert = 'INSERT INTO animals (id, breed, name, weight) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)'; $stmt = db2_prepare($conn, $insert); if ($stmt) { foreach ($animals as $animal) { $result = db2_execute($stmt, $animal); } } ?> SEE ALSO
db2_bind_param(3), db2_execute(3), db2_stmt_error(3), db2_stmt_errormsg(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_PREPARE(3)