Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting updating a single line by script Post 302463904 by ctsgnb on Monday 18th of October 2010 07:16:54 PM
Old 10-18-2010
Otherwise, without the execute permission but with read permission you can

Code:
ksh original.sh

by the way if you put
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

as a first line, it might be a good idea to name it
Code:
original.ksh

instead ...

Last edited by ctsgnb; 10-18-2010 at 08:23 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needs to be modified - Each 5 Rows to be joined in single line with comma (,)

Hi All, I'm using the following script to produce a result: #!/bin/sh awk ' $0 ~ /\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+Interface\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+/ { match_str="YES"; line_cnt=0; next; } { if((line_cnt < 5) && ( match_str=="YES")) { print $0; line_cnt += 1; } else... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add a single line to middle of text file.

I've got a configuration file that is filled with xml text statements for example: <...../> <...../> <...../> <data id="java-options" value="-server -Djava.security.policy..../> <...../> <...../> <...../> I want to write a korn shell script that will go to this specific line and add a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script execution with a variable in a single line

Let a script needs a variable to execute. For example if i run ./test.sh then it needs a variable as there is a <STDIN> in the script. I want to execute it as in command line. Let test.sh requires a variable name $number I want to execute it by >test number <enter> how is it possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoeb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single/Multiple Line with Special characters - Find & Replace in Unix Script

Hi, I am creating a script to do a find and replace single/multiple lines in a file with any number of lines. I have written a logic in a script that reads a reference file say "findrep" and populates two variables $FIND and $REPLACE print $FIND gives Hi How r $u Rahul() Note:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sarnayak
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing single line in html file in perl script

Hi Folks, It is regarding the perl scripting. I have an html file(many files) which contains the below line in the body tag. <body> <P><STRONG><FONT face="comic sans ms,cursive,sans-serif"><EM>Hello</EM></FONT></STRONG></P> </body> Now I want to read that html file through perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Replace just part of a single line in a file.....

Hey guy's.... I new here, But im working on a school project, and I am not really good at programming. In fact, this is the only programming class that I need because programming is not what I am majoring in. But I have everything done in this shell script except for this last part..... ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hxdrummerxc
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating value from new last line of tempfile

Heyas A variable within a loop doesnt get updated - eventhough the 'inputfile' changes. I have a tempfile ($TMP.playstatus), which contains this data: 0.11 M-A: 0.000 fd= 0 aq= 4KB vq= 0KB sq= 0B f=0/0 0.14 M-A: 0.000 fd= 0 aq= 4KB vq= 0KB sq= 0B f=0/0 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge multi-lines into one single line using shell script or Linux command

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a " and line ending with ": into one line. *****Original Log***** 087;2008-12-06;084403;"mc;;SYHLR6AP1D\LNZW;AD-703;1;12475;SYHLR6AP1B;1.1.1.1;0000000062;HGPDI:MSISDN=12345678,APNID=1,EQOSID=365;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshlinux2010
3 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)