Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting updating a single line by script Post 302463880 by DGPickett on Monday 18th of October 2010 04:45:53 PM
Old 10-18-2010
mv original.sh old.sh
sed 's/.*b/#&/' old.sh >original.sh
chmod 755 original.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needs to be modified - Each 5 Rows to be joined in single line with comma (,)

Hi All, I'm using the following script to produce a result: #!/bin/sh awk ' $0 ~ /\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+Interface\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+\+/ { match_str="YES"; line_cnt=0; next; } { if((line_cnt < 5) && ( match_str=="YES")) { print $0; line_cnt += 1; } else... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add a single line to middle of text file.

I've got a configuration file that is filled with xml text statements for example: <...../> <...../> <...../> <data id="java-options" value="-server -Djava.security.policy..../> <...../> <...../> <...../> I want to write a korn shell script that will go to this specific line and add a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script execution with a variable in a single line

Let a script needs a variable to execute. For example if i run ./test.sh then it needs a variable as there is a <STDIN> in the script. I want to execute it as in command line. Let test.sh requires a variable name $number I want to execute it by >test number <enter> how is it possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoeb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single/Multiple Line with Special characters - Find & Replace in Unix Script

Hi, I am creating a script to do a find and replace single/multiple lines in a file with any number of lines. I have written a logic in a script that reads a reference file say "findrep" and populates two variables $FIND and $REPLACE print $FIND gives Hi How r $u Rahul() Note:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sarnayak
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing single line in html file in perl script

Hi Folks, It is regarding the perl scripting. I have an html file(many files) which contains the below line in the body tag. <body> <P><STRONG><FONT face="comic sans ms,cursive,sans-serif"><EM>Hello</EM></FONT></STRONG></P> </body> Now I want to read that html file through perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Replace just part of a single line in a file.....

Hey guy's.... I new here, But im working on a school project, and I am not really good at programming. In fact, this is the only programming class that I need because programming is not what I am majoring in. But I have everything done in this shell script except for this last part..... ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hxdrummerxc
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating value from new last line of tempfile

Heyas A variable within a loop doesnt get updated - eventhough the 'inputfile' changes. I have a tempfile ($TMP.playstatus), which contains this data: 0.11 M-A: 0.000 fd= 0 aq= 4KB vq= 0KB sq= 0B f=0/0 0.14 M-A: 0.000 fd= 0 aq= 4KB vq= 0KB sq= 0B f=0/0 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge multi-lines into one single line using shell script or Linux command

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a " and line ending with ": into one line. *****Original Log***** 087;2008-12-06;084403;"mc;;SYHLR6AP1D\LNZW;AD-703;1;12475;SYHLR6AP1B;1.1.1.1;0000000062;HGPDI:MSISDN=12345678,APNID=1,EQOSID=365;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshlinux2010
3 Replies
CHMOD(3)								 1								  CHMOD(3)

chmod - Changes file mode

SYNOPSIS
bool chmod (string $filename, int $mode) DESCRIPTION
Attempts to change the mode of the specified file to that given in $mode. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the file. o $mode - Note that $mode is not automatically assumed to be an octal value, so to ensure the expected operation, you need to prefix $mode with a zero (0). Strings such as "g+w" will not work properly. <?php chmod("/somedir/somefile", 755); // decimal; probably incorrect chmod("/somedir/somefile", "u+rwx,go+rx"); // string; incorrect chmod("/somedir/somefile", 0755); // octal; correct value of mode ?> man 1 chmod' and ' man 2 chmod'. <?php // Read and write for owner, nothing for everybody else chmod("/somedir/somefile", 0600); // Read and write for owner, read for everybody else chmod("/somedir/somefile", 0644); // Everything for owner, read and execute for others chmod("/somedir/somefile", 0755); // Everything for owner, read and execute for owner's group chmod("/somedir/somefile", 0750); ?> RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Note The current user is the user under which PHP runs. It is probably not the same user you use for normal shell or FTP access. The mode can be changed only by user who owns the file on most systems. Note This function will not work on remote files as the file to be examined must be accessible via the server's filesystem. Note When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the files or directories you are about to operate on have the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed. In addition, you cannot set the SUID, SGID and sticky bits. SEE ALSO
chown(3), chgrp(3), fileperms(3), stat(3). PHP Documentation Group CHMOD(3)