Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: removal of files?
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions removal of files? Post 302463859 by Scrutinizer on Monday 18th of October 2010 03:49:22 PM
Old 10-18-2010
And what characters start with numerals Smilie

---------- Post updated at 21:49 ---------- Previous update was at 21:38 ----------

The description is quite ambiguous. You don't suppose what is meant is to remove only files that are regular files and not symbolic links or named pipes or what have you? In that case I think a find statement would be in order.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removal

I am using Unix as my OS on my server and would like to format my hard drive. How do I go about wiping my hard drive or is there a removal tool that I can use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaconda
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp validate files before removal

I have a shell, which locks calls an expect script that connects to an sftp and downloads all files. I need it to then check each file in my directory and compare the sizes. If the file name and file size match, then delete the file on the server. Is this possible? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariqjamal
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

RPM Updation & Keeping User Change files during removal

Hi All, I have a RPM for an Java based application. Currently it works fine. But recently I want to implement that when newer packages gets installed over the older one, the rpm should only update the older files with the newer one (I know this could be done by rpm -Uvh xxx.rpm), but it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

semaphore removal

I have one process which creates semaphore with permission 600. Then at some part of the code I have line where this semaphore will be removed. Problem I have is that other processes in my program also try to execute this line of code. Of course since they dont have permission they wont be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joker40
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n removal between two |

I have a multi-line string I'm trying to do some clean-up on. Example: 1|575|67866|"fgnhdgj"|"afhgajh agfajgf ahfjhgfk ahfkhf"|568 2|56|5435|"mayank"|"gupta gdja agdjagf"|677 3|5666|5435|"mayank"|"gupta gdja agdjagf"|677 I need a shell script that replace all \n under " ". (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayankgupta18
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of files/folders created during a period of time

Hi, I have some folders (containing files) which gets created daily and names start with 'TT_' . I would like to remove these folders every month end. Could you please provide me the commands and also the syntax to schedule through crontab. Thanks, Archana (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana.n
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removal by substring

Hi guys, I am trying to remove lines that have a duplicate substring from any part in the file. So, for ex: 433043950359.3 5033 305935 2 2dd 5ffgs DOG43453552.A 3443565634 95460 3435 45 23d 56ggh DOG343211 3423895702359 34 66699 9455 2324 DOG43453552.B This is a very large file, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: verse123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script using scp (pw typed by hand) followed by removal of files

Hello, I tried to write a bash script (code is below) that does scp files that contain a certain string, and that subsequently deletes only those files that have been copied (in my case new files are created every second so it is important to only delete those that have been copied). The key is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjartan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of extra spaces in *.log files to allow extraction of frequencies

Our university has upgraded its version of a computational chemistry program that our group uses quite regularly. In the past we have been able to extract frequency spectra from log files that are generated. Since the upgrade, the viewing program errors out. I've been able to trace down the changes... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsuchem
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of space

Hi , Can any one help me out how to remove space from below line select file_name from dba_data_files where tablespace_name='SYSTEM ----space---- '; i want as : select file_name from dba_data_files where tablespace_name='SYSTEM'; my code i use file=/u01/script/latest/tbs.temp while... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praful Pednekar
14 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)