Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sort with UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort with UNIX Post 302463731 by Scrutinizer on Monday 18th of October 2010 10:00:21 AM
Old 10-18-2010
Hi, no in the END section, the array element indices are equal to the $2 fields of the input records.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Sort - Alternatives

Hi All, I want to sort a flat file which will contain millions of records based on a key/field. For this I want to use unix sort command and before that I want to make sure that unix sort command has any file size limitations. And also please let me know whether I have to change any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chprvkmr
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Sort - Limitations

Hi All, I want to sort a flat file which will contain millions of records based on a key/field. For this I want to use unix sort command and before that I want to make sure that unix sort command has any file size limitations. And also please let me know whether I have to change any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chprvkmr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SORT order in Unix

I am converting mainframes JCL to be used in shell on a one to one basis... when i use the sort command unix does ascii sort as a result which numbers are first followed by charecters in the Ascending sort ... but themainframes uses the EBCDIC as result gives the charecters followed by numbers in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bourne
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix SORT

Hey guys. I am trying to sort a file by account number through UNIX. I have a few things but it seems to sort by account number AND sort everything after the account number. Help please. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndoggy020
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Sort question

I was trying to check for the sort of some columns (say 1-10) of particular file. Now, by default, the Unix sort uses as a separator whitespace (e.g. if you have 'foo bar' then it separates it into 'foo' and 'bar' to use as keys) Now, I know which particular columns I want to use as the sort... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rev.meister
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using Unix sort command

Hi I am having some difficulties with the UNIX sort command. I want to sort one a file that looks like this (file A): tiger 5 6 3 5 2 bear 4 5 2 1 8 lions 9 2 5 3 1 dogs 8 5 3 3 1 acccording to a file that looks like this (file B): dogs lions tiger bear So... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX sort command

Need some help with the sort command. I have a large file which needs sorted on the third field separated by : and within the third field, I need it sorted by second field or everything after the . An example of my file is here and for example, the first line I need :ROUTER2.SFLDMI: sorted on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need Unix script to sort

Hi i have a file like this oprvdw vrc002093j.ksh oprvdw vrc002092j.ksh oprvrc vrc045016j.ksh oprvrc vrc055141j.ksh svemietl bdw0231185.sh svemietl bdw0231145.sh and i need a script which dispalys in below format: oprvdw : vrc002093j.ksh vrc002092j.ksh oprvrc :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: p_satyambabu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Sort in Unix

Hi All, I am trying to sort the below data using sort command. temp.dat H|S1-511091486889|27-Jul-2011 00:00:00 H|S1-511091486823|27-Jul-2011 00:00:00 H|S1-511091486757|27-Jul-2011 00:00:00 L|S1-511091486889|1 L|S1-511091486823|1 L|S1-511091486757|1 sort -t "|" -k2 -k1 temp.dat My... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaknbk
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX sort

Hi I have below pattern A: Apple 2 B:Bolls 4 total_count = 6 A: pens 4 B:Bags 4 total count = 8 A: pens 4 B:Bags 4 A: cells 6 A: jobs 6 Output I need : A: Apple 2 B:Bolls 4 total_count = 6 A: pens 4 B:Bags 4 total count = 8 A: cells 6 A: jobs 6 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkkanduk
7 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::Sort(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Net::LDAP::Control::Sort(3pm)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::Sort - Server Side Sort (SSS) control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::Control::Sort; use Net::LDAP::Constant qw(LDAP_CONTROL_SORTRESULT); $sort = Net::LDAP::Control::Sort->new( order => "cn -phone" ); $mesg = $ldap->search( @args, control => [ $sort ]); ($resp) = $mesg->control( LDAP_CONTROL_SORTRESULT ); print "Results are sorted " if $resp and !$resp->result; DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::Sort" is a sub-class of Net::LDAP::Control. It provides a class for manipulating the LDAP Server Side Sort (SSS) request control 1.2.840.113556.1.4.473 as defined in RFC-2891 If the server supports sorting, then the response from a search operation will include a sort result control. This control is handled by Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
order A string which defines how entries may be sorted. It consists of multiple directives, spearated by whitespace. Each directive describes how to sort entries using a single attribute. If two entries have identical attributes, then the next directive in the list is used. Each directive specifies a sorting order as follows -attributeType:orderingRule The leading "-" is optional, and if present indicates that the sorting order should be reversed. "attributeType" is the attribute name to sort by. "orderingRule" is optional and indicates the rule to use for the sort and should be valid for the given "attributeType". Any one attributeType should only appear once in the sorting list. Examples "cn" sort by cn using the default ordering rule for the cn attribute "-cn" sort by cn using the reverse of the default ordering rule "age cn" sort by age first, then by cn using the default ordering rules "cn:1.2.3.4" sort by cn using the ordering rule defined as 1.2.3.4 METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult, Net::LDAP::Control, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2891.txt AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-29 Net::LDAP::Control::Sort(3pm)