Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting date & time from file name Post 302463729 by ctsgnb on Monday 18th of October 2010 09:59:00 AM
Old 10-18-2010
latest on top
Code:
ls -t *.dmp | head

or
latest on bottom
Code:
ls -rt *.dmp | tail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time & Date Command

Hey all, When you run the 'ls -la' command it'll show you the time and dates of all files/directories. Now what I am trying to do is create a script that will tell me what files haven't been used in over the past 1 month and what the time and date is that the files that haven't been accessed in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation date & time

Hi All, I have some files which are creates every day using a script. I want to create a log files which does write "filename,creation day and time" how can I do this ?? Alice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Date & Time

:confused: I'm not really sure about the default backup date & time in our Unix system and I would like to change it to a convienient time...how do I do that? Please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EbeyeJJ
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - Replacing all date & time occurrences in a file with a string using Sed

Hi, I am new to using Sed. I have a file containg lines like the following: INFORM----Test.pc:168:10/11/05 12:34:26 > some text goes here.. TRACE-----Test.pc:197:10/11/05 12:34:26 > some text goes here.. My requirement is to replace 10/11/05 12:34:26 with a string <RUNDATE> (including <... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hema_M
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting Date&Time Stamp In Existing Log File

I am trying to insert a line with a date stamp in a file that is used to monitor activity in one of our directories. By doing this, I want to grep that file each day and go to the last entry for each time a error occurred and pull all errors generated if any exist. If error exists I want that error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shephardfamily
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting date-time from file.

I have the following file and need to extract date and time part for each record. Pl. could anyone provide an shell script which could be used to do it. Here is the file: /rgrdev/pdsud2/unx/agc/src/agcmst: /rgrsrc/pdspms/unx/agc/src/s.agcmst.for agcmst.for 420.20 8/4/07 18:30:53 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skumar11
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

About date & time difference

Hello All, I was having a look on threads on the Forum about time calculation but didn't find exactly this issue. For instance, if we have these 2 dates, begin & end : 20100430235830 20100501000200 Is there anyway, awk, ksh, perl to calculate the difference in sec and get for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
6 Replies

9. Programming

DATE & TIme

Can we select the datetime from oracle database in “hhmmssnnnccyymmdd” format ? please help to solve this..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting log files based on date and time.

Hi All, i have some log files generated in a folder daily with the format abc.def.20130306.100001 ghi.jkl.20130306.100203 abc.def.20130305.100001 ghi.jkl.20130305.100203 the format is the date followed by time . all i want is to get the files that are generated for todays... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)