Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting date & time from file name Post 302463718 by milink on Monday 18th of October 2010 09:27:24 AM
Old 10-18-2010
Hi,

Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks for the same.

One more query...regarding sort the files in descending order having name as below:

exp_bkp_tables_18_Oct_2010_10_50_28.dmp
exp_bkp_tables_18_Oct_2010_10_57_00.dmp
exp_bkp_tables_17_Oct_2010_10_58_00.dmp
exp_bkp_tables_17_Oct_2010_10_59_00.dmp

want to display the list of ten latest export copy in descending order

How it can be done ?

With Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time & Date Command

Hey all, When you run the 'ls -la' command it'll show you the time and dates of all files/directories. Now what I am trying to do is create a script that will tell me what files haven't been used in over the past 1 month and what the time and date is that the files that haven't been accessed in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation date & time

Hi All, I have some files which are creates every day using a script. I want to create a log files which does write "filename,creation day and time" how can I do this ?? Alice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Date & Time

:confused: I'm not really sure about the default backup date & time in our Unix system and I would like to change it to a convienient time...how do I do that? Please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EbeyeJJ
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - Replacing all date & time occurrences in a file with a string using Sed

Hi, I am new to using Sed. I have a file containg lines like the following: INFORM----Test.pc:168:10/11/05 12:34:26 > some text goes here.. TRACE-----Test.pc:197:10/11/05 12:34:26 > some text goes here.. My requirement is to replace 10/11/05 12:34:26 with a string <RUNDATE> (including <... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hema_M
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting Date&Time Stamp In Existing Log File

I am trying to insert a line with a date stamp in a file that is used to monitor activity in one of our directories. By doing this, I want to grep that file each day and go to the last entry for each time a error occurred and pull all errors generated if any exist. If error exists I want that error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shephardfamily
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting date-time from file.

I have the following file and need to extract date and time part for each record. Pl. could anyone provide an shell script which could be used to do it. Here is the file: /rgrdev/pdsud2/unx/agc/src/agcmst: /rgrsrc/pdspms/unx/agc/src/s.agcmst.for agcmst.for 420.20 8/4/07 18:30:53 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skumar11
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

About date & time difference

Hello All, I was having a look on threads on the Forum about time calculation but didn't find exactly this issue. For instance, if we have these 2 dates, begin & end : 20100430235830 20100501000200 Is there anyway, awk, ksh, perl to calculate the difference in sec and get for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
6 Replies

9. Programming

DATE & TIme

Can we select the datetime from oracle database in “hhmmssnnnccyymmdd” format ? please help to solve this..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting log files based on date and time.

Hi All, i have some log files generated in a folder daily with the format abc.def.20130306.100001 ghi.jkl.20130306.100203 abc.def.20130305.100001 ghi.jkl.20130305.100203 the format is the date followed by time . all i want is to get the files that are generated for todays... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
3 Replies
vxdmp(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						  vxdmp(7)

NAME
vxdmp - Veritas Volume Manager multipathing disk devices DESCRIPTION
Multipathed disk devices in Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) represent virtual devices with one or more physical access paths to a physical disk. The Multipathing feature provides disk access reliability by dynamically switching to another physical path if there is a path fail- ure. Every disk that is visible to VxVM is represented by a multipath device node in the /dev/vx/dmp and /dev/vx/rdmp directories for block type and character type interfaces. A simple disk is represented by a multipath device having one physical path, whereas a disk that is part of a multiported disk array is represented by a multipath device with many device access paths depending upon the type of the disk array. VxVM uses standard disk device naming conventions to name multipath devices. For example, if there is a disk device with two physical access paths such as c1t0d0 and c2t0d0, the multipathing device node for this particular disk is created under /dev/vx/dmp and /dev/vx/rdmp as c1t0d0 or c2t0d0. To provide multipathing, VxVM maintains an internal database of all the multipathed devices detected by the system and their respective paths. The database is created at system boot time. When disks are added or removed from the system, VxVM provides support to reconfigure the multipath device database to reflect new states of the hardware, while the system is online. To reconfigure the DMP database, run ioscan followed by insf, and then invoke vxdctl enable (see vxdctl(1M)). The various access paths to a multipathed device can be seen by using a vxdisk command (see vxdisk(1M)). These commands open the multi- pathing configuration device /dev/vx/dmpconfig to obtain the required information about the various paths to a multipathed device and their states. VxVM also provides the facility to enable or disable a disk controller. This feature can be used to stop all I/Os through a particular con- troller to perform maintenance operations on it. Use the vxdmpadm command to do this and also perform other operations on the multipath device database. VxVM can provide notification about events that occur in the DMP database due to a change in hardware. See the vxnotify(1M) man page for more information. VxVM is capable of multipathing both Active/Active and Active/Passive disk arrays. FILES
/dev/vx/dmp Multipathing block devices. /dev/vx/rdmp Multipathing character devices. SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), vxdctl(1M), vxdisk(1M), vxdmpadm(1M), vxnotify(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdmp(7)