Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Any one here this moment? (Ignore) Post 302463661 by Ame on Monday 18th of October 2010 07:10:45 AM
Old 10-18-2010
Any one here this moment? (Ignore)

I have small question i should solve it

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there any way to know how much time process was running from the moment it started

i have process that was started few days ago , is there way to know by its id how long it was alive in the system ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore '.' files

I'm running Fedora Core 6 as an FTP server on a powerMac G4... I'm trying to create a script to remove files older than 3 days... I'm able to find all data older than 3 days but it finds hidden files such as /home/ftp/goossens/.canna /home/ftp/goossens/.kde... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_UK
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please ignore this....

Most of the people think that they can not use Unix as desktop. By this poll we gone tell them that we not just use Unix as desktop but also love different display managers like GNOME, KDE etc..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to ignore case

Hi All, The means I use to ignore case, as an example is the following snippet: It should accept any oof the following y|Y|YES|Yes|n|N|NO|No echo "Enter Y/N to continue: " read choice; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
3 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

OS 10 lässt sich nicht mehr installieren...ubuntu läuft als system im moment....hilfe!

hello, I have installed on my MacBookPro Ubuntu via Boot Camp, but bootcamp has deletet that MacOS partion and created just one new and installed ubuntu. Now I can not install MacOS 10 from the DVD, the gray screen comes when I use the "C" key during the boot process. it starts booting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ingwio
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore first or last parameter

Can someone help me of doing something like this send.sh #!/bin/bash for last; do true; done echo $* | gammu sendsms TEXT $last every thing is good except that when i launch the script like this ./send.sh This is the message i want to send +63922XXXXXXX it turned out the message of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arturo322
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

2. Write a shell script that produces some summary information of the system at a particular moment

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: 3. The attempts at a solution (include all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsk319342
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

What is your favourite movie at the moment?

Hi, guys. What is your favourite movie at the moment? Which movie are you watching? I am watching the Thor:) (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinna
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blond moment : sed

Hallo Team, I have thousands of lines and i would like to manilpute a pattern but i am getting an error: File lo0ks like below: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
5 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)