Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to restrict user to a specific directory in solaris 10 Post 302463652 by jim mcnamara on Monday 18th of October 2010 06:53:17 AM
Old 10-18-2010

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

give user permission on specific directory in solaris

dear all does any one give any user write permission using access control list or another way to solve this problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict FTP access to a single directory for only one user.

Hi All, It will be very great if you can help me in this issue. Thanks in advance. I need to enable FTP on a solaris9 server. I need to create a new user some "xxxxxx" and he can only FTP the files to and from between /tftpboot directory and network devices. Other users should not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshkumar_d
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do U restrict a user to a single directory?

specifically - I don't need to restrict a user to a single directory - but I want them to be "ROOTED" to their home directory. so if my home directory is /home/onlyme when I login - if I do a pwd - I want to see: / but in real life I will be in /home/onlyme - it just appears as root to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: itobenon
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restrict one user to see only his home directory in his profile

Hi I need to restrict one user to see only his home directory and one more directory how i can do this in his profile. The OS is Red hat linux I create a user -- tec and group calle --tec one the user log in he will see /home/tec and he need to see /opt/load this dirctory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
6 Replies

5. Solaris

create user with RWX access to a specific directory in Solaris 10

I need to create a user account for a developer that will allow him rwx access to all resources in a directory. How can I do that? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Restrict user to a particular directory

Hi I have a Fedora10 server and i need a particular user to view files only in a particular folder. All other files in other folders having "read" permission for all shouldn't be accessible to this user. Please let me know if ther's a way. Thanks, HG (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
5 Replies

7. Solaris

How to Restrict user login after certain time in Solaris??

My OS is Solaris 10, I would like to know if there is any way to restrict user login to the system (either remote or console login) after certain time, say 20:00 on Mon to Fri and whole day on SAT and SUN??? Sorry that I am a new user on Unix System. Any comment is fully appreciated!!! Alex (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alessandro31
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Restrict FTP User to a Directory

I am using Solaris 10 on SPARC. SunOS ddw 5.10 Generic_139555-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise I have put some text files in a directory '/u01/network' I want to create a ftp user which can just read the files in the network directory. The ftp user shouldn't be able to navigate or see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to restrict user to a particular directory?

hi, I want to restrict some user access to only 1 directory (including all sub-directories/files in it). can you please explain me, how can we do this? example; Filesystem GB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 2.61 1.02 1.59 40% / /dev/hd2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is there a way to restrict a user (owner) to execute scripts from a specific directory

Hello, I have a user Bob on a RHEL 7 server1. Where his script area is "/home/Bob/scripts/" and he is the owner for this directory. On the server1, there is a NFS mount from another server2, with path as "/global/work/" and Bob is the owner for this directory too in server2. (Same UID and GID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
5 Replies
CHROOT(1)							   User Commands							 CHROOT(1)

NAME
chroot - run command or interactive shell with special root directory SYNOPSIS
chroot NEWROOT [COMMAND [ARG]...] chroot OPTION DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND with root directory set to NEWROOT. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If no command is given, run ``${SHELL} -i'' (default: /bin/sh). AUTHOR
Written by Roland McGrath. REPORTING BUGS
Report chroot bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
chroot(2) The full documentation for chroot is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and chroot programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'chroot invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 CHROOT(1)