Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems managing user
Operating Systems Solaris Problems managing user Post 302463589 by jlliagre on Monday 18th of October 2010 04:18:56 AM
Old 10-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2jkw
Thanks for the information. Do I just change the shell in the passwd file?
replasing sh with ksh?
A safer method would be that one:
Code:
# passwd -e n2jkw    
Old shell: /bin/sh
New shell: /bin/ksh
passwd: password information changed for n2jkw

Quote:
Note: No wonder I do not have man pages and other stuff....
Then you should install them. It doesn't make sense administering a system without having the manual pages available.
Quote:
The shell (sh) was put there by the useradd command...
I know, that's the reason why I advised you to modify that setting (twice).
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

managing users

I need to setup several accounts on a solaris system. (passwd,shadow,group) My question is : How can I create a group which can access a machine, but only in certain directories? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

best solution for managing many nameservers

Hello, i was searching around for good solution for managing many nameservers to add the records on the slave servers and update them and if possible some web-based manegment for non-experianced customers. anyone has an idea where can i find such solution? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bashar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

FTP user files permissions problems!!!

Hi, I have a problem with my ftp accounts whereby if any external ftp party connects to our server and puts any file in a directory on our server. The file permissons are always -rw-r----- and no read for others. I have adjusted the ftp user .profile to include 'umask 022' but this only works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Managing Geeks

Hi, I recently found this article in computerworld and I think it is very true - at least in my company ... what do you guys think - is the author right? Is it ignorant management that makes us IT people seem to be anti-social and weird? Please share your thoughts Kind regards zxmaus (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with network user account /Library/ Folders

I am a IT tech at a business which has a 100 staff working in different departments and in a windows 7 / Mac 10.6 enviorment. I have recently been having issues with users not being able to reopen Siberlius 6 files due to a corrupted file within there library folder. The only way to fix this is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: field1024
2 Replies

7. Programming

Managing and using PTSes

Hello. I need to simulate a few serial links (doing a simulation of an application for a robot) and found socat which, at least with minicom, is working flawlessly. I would really like to make pts static: ie same numbers between reboots, and automatic (not me opening terminals and leaving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Problems With User Creation Script

Hello everyone, I've been attempting to make a program which creates user accounts from a file which contains the usernames required. It also checks if the directory of the username exists in the C:\Users directory and then is going to give the option to delete the directory, or rename it, this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charlieabee
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problems creating and accessing with user

Hi, I have created the user 'mastersa' in several servers. I need to change the user ID to '0'. However, after doing this, I am not able to login (Access denied). Even after I change the password, I still get this error. Why is this? Also, when I attempt to delete the user account, I get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)