Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete duplicates via script? Post 302463582 by Scrutinizer on Monday 18th of October 2010 04:02:44 AM
Old 10-18-2010
Note: that is bash code, not shell code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

An interactive way to delete duplicates

1)I am trying to write a script that works interactively lists duplicated records on certain field/column and asks user to delete one or more. And finally it deletes all the records the used has asked for. I have an idea to store those line numbers in an array, not sure how to do this in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chvs2000
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i delete the duplicates based on one column of a line

I have my data something like this (08/03/2009 22:57:42.414)(:) king aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb (08/03/2009 22:57:42.416)(:) John cccccccccccc cccccvssssssssss baaaaa (08/03/2009 22:57:42.417)(:) Michael ddddddd tststststtststts (08/03/2009 22:57:42.425)(:) Ravi... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I delete duplicates in the log?

I have a log file and I am trying to run a script against it to search for key issues such as invalid users, errors etc. In one part, I grep for session closed and get a lot of the same thing,, ie. root username etc. I want to remove the multiple root and just have it do a count, like wc -l ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: taekwondo
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Duplicates on the basis of two column values.

Hi All, i need ti delete two duplicate processss which are running on the same device type (column 1) and port ID (column 2). here is the sample data p1sc1m1 15517 11325 0 01:00:24 ? 0:00 scagntclsx25octtcp 2967 in3v mvmp01 0 8000 N S 969 750@751@752@ p1sc1m1 15519 11325 0 01:00:24 ? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fastest way to delete duplicates from a large filelist.....

OK I have two filelists...... The first is formatted like this.... /path/to/the/actual/file/location/filename.jpg and has up to a million records The second list shows filename.jpg where there is more then on instance. and has maybe up to 65,000 records I want to copy files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete from line and remove duplicates

My Input.....file1 ABCDE4435 Connected to 107.71.136.122 (SubNetwork=ONRM_RootMo_R SubNetwork=XYVLTN29CRBR99 MeContext=ABCDE4435 ManagedElement=1) ABCDE4478 Connected to 166.208.30.57 (SubNetwork=ONRM_RootMo_R SubNetwork=KLFMTN29CR0R04 MeContext=ABCDE4478 ManagedElement=1) ABCDE4478... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicates in CA bundle

I do have a big CA bundle certificate file and each time if i get request to add new certificate to the existing bundle i need to make sure it is not present already. How i can validate the duplicates. The alignment of the certificate within the bundle seems to be different. Example: Cert 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete only if duplicates found in each record

Hi, i have another problem. I have been trying to solve it by myself but failed. inputfile ;; ID T08578 NAME T08578 SBASE 30696 EBASE 32083 TYPE P func just test func chronology func cholesterol func null INT 30765-37333 INT 37154-37318 Link 5546 Link 8142 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare partial filenames in two folders and delete duplicates

Background: I use a TV tuner card to capture OTA video files (.mpeg) and then my Plex Media Server automatically optimizes the files (transcodes for better playback) and places them in a new directory. I have another Plex Library pointing to the new location for the optimized .mp4 files. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaky
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Delete the duplicates using Part of File Name

I am using the below script to delete duplicate files but it is not working for directories with more than 10k files "Argument is too long" is getting for ls -t. Tried to replace ls -t with find . -type f \( -iname "*.xml" \) -printf '%T@ %p\n' | sort -rg | sed -r 's/* //' | awk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gold2k8
8 Replies
BESTUPS(8)							    NUT Manual								BESTUPS(8)

NAME
bestups - Driver for Best Power / SOLA (Phoenixtec protocol) UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the bestups driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
bestups was designed to monitor Best Power UPS hardware like the Fortress, Fortress Telecom, Axxium Rackmount and Patriot Pro. It also recognizes and supports SOLA units such as the 325, 520 and 620. In addition, the Best 610 is supported using the 'ID' option. Other UPS hardware using the Phoenixtec protocol should also work, but they will generate a warning since their battery information is not known. This driver does not support some older Best/SOLA units. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver supports the following optional settings in the ups.conf(5): nombattvolt=num Override the battery float voltage which is normally determined by asking the hardware. This is useful if your UPS constantly reports battery.charge values just below 100% even when it's completely charged. If you have this problem, set this to whatever battery.voltage reports when the UPS is known to be completely charged with a good battery. The author's Best Fortress 750 uses nombattvolt=27.4. battvoltmult=num Multiply the reported battery voltage by this number. Some devices report only a fraction of the total battery voltage. For example, the SOLA 610 700VA UPS (with a 24V battery) reports the single cell voltage (about 2.27V when fully charged). In this particular case you can set battvoltmult = 12 in ups.conf(8) to fix this. ID=string Set the Identification response string. This should only be used with hardware that supports the Phoenixtec protocol status inquiry commands, but not the "ID" command, such as the Best/SOLA 610. Format of the ID string is: AAA,BBBB,CCC,DDD,EE.E,FF.F AAA is the three-character identification for the UPS model. BBBB is the output power in VA (volt amperes). B is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. CCC is the Nominal Input Voltage. C is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. The unit is Volts AC. DDD is the Nominal Output Voltage. D is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. The unit is Volts AC. EE.E is the Battery Voltage that will cause the UPS to shut itself off. E is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. Then unit is Volts DC and a decimal point is present. FF.F or FFF.F is the Battery Voltage at full charge. F is an integer number ranging from 0 to 9. Then unit is Volts DC. Typically, for 700VA, 1KVA and 1.5KVA units, the format is FF.F. For 2KVA and 3KVA units, the format is FFF.F. Example: a Best 610 1.5KVA unit would use the string "610,1500,120,120,10.0,48.0". BUGS
The battery charge percentage value (in battery.charge) is derived from the voltage data that the UPS returns, since the UPS doesn't return that value directly. On some hardware, the charge will remain at 100% for a long time and then drops quickly shortly before the battery runs out. You can confirm from the battery.voltage readings that this is a problem with the UPS and not this driver. Similarly, the float from the charger in some models forces the battery charge percentage back up to 100% immedately after the UPS goes back on-line, so you can't tell when it is really recharged. Finally, some models give one value for the battery's nominal voltage and yet actually have a nominal voltage slightly below that. This leads to things such as the perpetual 98.7% charge on the author's Fortress 750, even when it's been charging for weeks. You can use nombattvolt= in ups.conf(8) to fix this. AUTHOR
Russell Kroll, Jason White SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 BESTUPS(8)