Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Getting strange output of who -r command Post 302463284 by amity on Saturday 16th of October 2010 07:49:40 PM
Old 10-16-2010
Getting strange output of who -r command

Hi

At OK> prompt, I have run the boot -s command

After system is coming on to multiuser state, when I run the " who -r" command, I get the following message

Code:
# who -r
     run-level    Oct 17 03:48                   last=

Means I dont see "S" after run-level keyword. Could any one tells me what is the meanning of "last=" & why I am not getting "S" in the above output

Regards

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 10-17-2010 at 07:40 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange output from grep

Hi, I am getting different output for grep depending which directory I am in. The following is a transcript of my session, I am using egrep but have also used grep -E. The directory names have been changed for security: $pwd /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 $echo 000000 |egrep -v $echo $? 1 $cd ..... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange output

I had a similar script in solaris and it had no problem. I wrote this one in freeBSD and it gave me strange output. Can anyone please tell me why? thanks a lot #!/bin/sh #This is a shell script that checks file system capacity mounted on /home directory #If file system is over 90% capacity,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k2k
1 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10 strange df output

hi, in solaris 10 SUN SPARC V245 server the following df -h output is showing . can i reuse the following disk space by deleting them /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap1.so.1 20G 5.2G 14G 27% /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr.so.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani.madiraju
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Strange sar output

I was reviewing yesterday's sar file and came across this strange output! What in the world? Any reason why there's output like that? SunOS unixbox 5.10 Generic_144488-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240 Solaris 00:00:58 device %busy avque r+w/s blks/s avwait avserv 11:20:01 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Strange df output on solaris 9

Hi all, After deleting some large log files on solaris 9 machine I can see strange df output shows below /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 45G 16384E 50G 39879076698694% / I thought it will back to normal once I restart it but did not. I have seen in sunsolve article 6362734 that "Solaris 8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekar333
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strange output with du

Can someone please explain why I get two outputs with the du command? The first one gave me one. I also didn't ask for the second directory so why did it give that directory? $ du -h "/media/Part 1/Desktop/playlist" 775M /media/Part 1/Desktop/playlist $ du -h "/media/Part... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux sort command produces strange output

cat a .a ba .b bb .c bc sort a .a .b ba bb bc .c NOTE: .a and .b appears before ba and bb, where as .c appears after bc. In general (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajb
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange output from find

How can I prevent find from outputting the directory name /home/xxxxxxxx/Backup/.system (which isn't even "other writable"? I am trying to search for files that are "world writable" on a shared web host using the find statement, and I want to prevent find from creating an error (because the of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo's strange output

Hi, Kindly help me to understand the behavior or logic of the below shell command $ echo $!# echo $echo $ $ $ echo !$# echo $# 0 I am using GNU bash, version 3.2.25(1)-release (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

10. Programming

Very strange output with casting

Hi All, I am having a strange issue. Below is the code snippet. If I print fraction * (double)::pow((double)10,scalingFactor) which is a double I am getting 154 when I type cast that to int as (int)( ((fraction) * ((double)::pow((double)10,scalingFactor)))) it is becoming 153. Not sure why... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
0 Replies
sys_attrs_bparm(5)						File Formats Manual						sys_attrs_bparm(5)

NAME
sys_attrs_bparm - bparm subsystem attributes DESCRIPTION
This reference page lists and describes attributes for the Boot Parameters (bparm) kernel subsystem. Refer to the sys_attrs(5) reference page for an introduction to the topic of kernel subsystem attributes. Identifies the device from which the system was last booted. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment vari- able with the same name. Do not modify this value, which is set when the system boots. A combination of flags that controls the boot loader and kernel. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment variable with the same name. Values for the variable are: Boot to multiuser mode. By default, the kernel boots to single-user mode. Enable the kdebug debugger to debug the kernel. By default, kdebug is not enabled in the kernel. Produce full dumps when the system crashes. By default, partial dumps are produced. Prompt for an alternate kernel and special arguments when the system is booted. By default, no questions are asked. Set boot_osflags only at the console prompt or by using the consvar utility. Identifies the boot device to be used when one is not included in the boot command line. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment variable with the same name. Set bootdef_dev only at the console prompt or by using the consvar utility. SEE ALSO
Commands: consvar(8) Others: sys_attrs(5) System Administration sys_attrs_bparm(5)