Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem when I use Repository Post 302463276 by andresguillen on Saturday 16th of October 2010 06:14:04 PM
Old 10-16-2010
Problem when I use Repository

Hi Gurus of Unix
I use the Package Manager of OpenSolaris
I set my Package Manager : "http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000/"

But when I try to install packet appear the following Error:
Please check the network connection.
Is the repository accessible?

Transfer from 'http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000' failed: Read error on tar stream. (happened 4 times)
Can any want help me please,
What other repository I can use.

Regardless
Andres

When a try to install any package from this page: http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000

Appear the following message

Preparando...
Recopilando información de los paquetes, espere...
pkg:/IPSFWsane@0.5.11,5.11-5.7:20080507T040837Z
pkg:/IPSFWlibsane@0.5.11,5.11-5.7:20080507T040439Z
pkg:/IPSFWxterm@0.5.11,5.11-5.7:20080507T041341Z
pkg:/IPSFWsane@0.5.11,5.11-5.7:20080507T040837Z
pkg:/IPSFWxterm@0.5.11,5.11-5.7:20080507T041341Z
pkg:/IPSFWlibsane@0.5.11,5.11-5.7:20080507T040439Z

Paquetes que instalar:
IPSFWsane@0.5.11-5.7
IPSFWxterm@0.5.11-5.7
IPSFWlibsane@0.5.11-5.7

Descargando...
Paquete 1 de 3: IPSFWsane

Error:
Please check the network connection.
Is the repository accessible?

Transfer from 'http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000' failed: Read error on tar stream. (happened 4 times)

FROM my CLI I put:
telnet pkg.sunfreeware.com 9000
Trying 66.193.208.93...
Connected to pkg.sunfreeware.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

When I put the following link in browser, Mozilla Firefox, appear:
pkg server ok
Statistics

Number of packages: 297
Number of in-flight transactions: 4

Number of catalogs served: 47633
Number of manifests served: 5144
Number of files served: 2666
Number of flists requested: 1010
Number of files served by flist: 56932
Number of packages renamed: 0

Catalog

Can any guru of Unix can help please what will be the problem?

Last edited by andresguillen; 10-16-2010 at 08:22 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repository of HP-UX 10.20 packages

Hello, What the adresses of ftps or websites the packages depots to HP-UX 10.20 I am search and google I did not get success. Thanks :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markos
1 Replies

2. Solaris

smf repository not running

Hi All, I have a Solaris server which runs version 10 After installing the patch , i thought of doing a recongiuration reboot But it failed saying "smf repository not running" what could be the issue. Thanks J (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building my own CPAN repository

Hi there , im not sure whether im in the right section, but because im talking about perl, i guess this is the right place :-) I have a whole host (thousands in fact) of Solaris machines that are running different versions of perl with different module sets etc. I wanted to know whether it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

build a repository

Hi, i'll explain my problem in few words: i have to create a repository with mrepo on a RH. I see many procedures on internet and even in linux mag, but there isn't any case where the iso and rpm deposit aren't placed on the repository but on a remote system (a NetApp filer in my case). So... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicnictout
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the BEST Repository for Unix?

Hi Gurus of UNIX, Can you tell me what are the best Repository in Unix: In Internet I found the following: sunfreeware pkg set-authority -O http://pkg.sunfreeware.com:9000 sunfreeware.com The popular sunfreeware collection in the IPS format blastwave pkg set-authority -O... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris repository

Someone know good software repositories for Solaris 10? I'm searching one with updated packages like Samba3,smbldaptools,openldap,etc Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Svn repository relocation

Hi, I have a svn setup with multiple code repositories. Recently the filesystem holds the repository got full and i wanted to have to move some code repositories to another filesystem. I copied some of the code repositored using the "mv" command to another filesystem and created a symlink with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Repository update

i have a repository server for red hat and centos clients. the repository contain all the rpms from the original install cd. now lets say i will add for example the new BASH rpm that fixes the shellshock vaulnerbility. when the client machine will run the command: "yum update bash" did the yum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy3145
1 Replies

10. SuSE

Repository out of date.

I get this message when attempting to update OpenSUSE 42.2: Error building the cache: Warning: Repository 'Main Update Repository' appears to be outdated. Consider using a different mirror or server. Nothing to do. What's happening? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geos0xAA55
2 Replies
Package::Constants(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Package::Constants(3pm)

NAME
Package::Constants - List all constants declared in a package SYNOPSIS
use Package::Constants; ### list the names of all constants in a given package; @const = Package::Constants->list( __PACKAGE__ ); @const = Package::Constants->list( 'main' ); ### enable debugging output $Package::Constants::DEBUG = 1; DESCRIPTION
"Package::Constants" lists all the constants defined in a certain package. This can be useful for, among others, setting up an autogenerated "@EXPORT/@EXPORT_OK" for a Constants.pm file. CLASS METHODS
@const = Package::Constants->list( PACKAGE_NAME ); Lists the names of all the constants defined in the provided package. GLOBAL VARIABLES
$Package::Constants::DEBUG When set to true, prints out debug information to STDERR about the package it is inspecting. Helps to identify issues when the results are not as you expect. Defaults to false. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-package-constants@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-26 Package::Constants(3pm)