Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH hangs
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SSH hangs Post 302463256 by ccj4467 on Saturday 16th of October 2010 04:22:59 PM
Old 10-16-2010
Neo,

Thanks for the quick replies.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Fedora (C2) Hangs

Anyone else notice Fedora Core 2 (both 2.6.5 and .8 kernels) hang, specifically when running konqueror? I notice a lot of HD activity, but by the time I can switch to a shell to use top it's over. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Karma
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep hangs

Running it on SunOS 5.9 Generic_117171-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 The grep will hang if ERRORS.txt file > 100 lines Thanks :confused: ERRORS=./ERRORS.txt EXCLUDEERRORFILE=./excludeERR.txt cat $ERRORS | while read ERROR_LINE do echo +++ $ERROR_LINE cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh + clearcase hangs

Hi, prefix: cleartool is an clearcase command. clearcase is a control version tool I have setup a passwordless ssh connection between Unix machines A and B. I am executing a ssh command from Unix box 'A' to Unix box 'B' as follows. ssh username@B 'ls /home/username' This works perfectly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilav
2 Replies

4. AIX

sysback hangs

I've set sysback to run in the cron daily to backup my servers to a nim servers SAN storage. Every once and a while the backup process hangs and the backup doesn't complete. When I check the processes the sysback processes are still running hours after sysback would normally end. I don't see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

5. AIX

SSH login hangs, serial console works

Server, running AIX 6.1 developed strange problem when logging in via SSH -- ssh client hangs without any error. It is possible to run commands on server, using ssh ("ssh servername ls -l" is OK) It is possible to log in normally, using serial console connected to server. It was possible to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivar.zarans
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piped output from SSH tunnel hangs?

Hi All, When starting an SSH tunnel, piped output 'hangs' (on AIX) : ssh -Nf -Llocalhost:22000:server:22 proxy | cat -vet - ... hangs ... Does anybody know how to prevent this? Of course, in my script I don't use the tunnel as I do in the example above. In my script the call to ssh is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: whbos
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh hangs on exit

Hi, Any workaround for this issue, since i am using one script to execute the remote script for several remote server, everything works fine except some of the servers process are hangs even its completed. ---Please help me to resolve this issue---- Script details are here.. for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh hangs on exit

Hi, Any workaround for this issue, since i am using one script to execute the remote script for several remote server, everything works fine except some of the servers process are hangs even its completed. ---Please help me to resolve this issue---- Script details are here.. Code:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

10. Solaris

ssh problem - hangs and then wont connect

Got a Solaris 10 server with two interfaces - 10.0.110.233 and 10.0.111.233. I can ssh to 10.0.110.233 with no problems. But after a certain amount of time it just hangs. Nothing. Then if I try to ssh to 10.0.110.233 again - times out. But I can still ssh to 10.0.111.233. And I can still ping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
TPING(1)                                                           LAM COMMANDS                                                           TPING(1)

NAME
tping - Send echo messages to LAM nodes. SYNOPSIS
tping [-hv] [-c count] [-d delay] [-l length] nodes OPTIONS
-h Print the command help menu. -v Turn OFF verbose mode. -c count Send count messages. -d delay Delay delay seconds between each message. -l length Each message is length bytes long. DESCRIPTION
The tping command sends messages to, and collects replies from, a list of nodes, via the LAM echo server. It is similar to the UNIX ping(8) command, and is used as a quick diagnosis of the LAM network. Unless options are specified, tping sends a 1 byte message an infinite number of times, displaying the roundtrip time of each message as it completes, with a delay of 1 second between roundtrips. After the loop is broken (with keyboard interrupt, eg: ^C), tping prints statis- tics about all roundtrip messages. EXAMPLES
tping h Echo messages to the local node. tping -v n7 -l 1000 -c 10 Echo 1000 byte messages to node 7. Stay silent while working. Stop after 10 roundtrips and report statistics. BUGS
There is no built-in timeout and tping will wait forever to receive an echo. If no echo is received, due to a dead link or node, tping hangs. Stop the process with a keyboard suspend signal (eg: ^Z) and terminate LAM with lamhalt(1) or lamwipe(1) (although the use of lamwipe(1) is deprecated). SEE ALSO
lamhalt(1), lamwipe(1) LAM 7.1.4 July, 2007 TPING(1)