Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH hangs
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SSH hangs Post 302463249 by ccj4467 on Saturday 16th of October 2010 03:54:38 PM
Old 10-16-2010
Neo,
Correct no password prompt, just hangs until it times out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Fedora (C2) Hangs

Anyone else notice Fedora Core 2 (both 2.6.5 and .8 kernels) hang, specifically when running konqueror? I notice a lot of HD activity, but by the time I can switch to a shell to use top it's over. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Karma
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep hangs

Running it on SunOS 5.9 Generic_117171-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 The grep will hang if ERRORS.txt file > 100 lines Thanks :confused: ERRORS=./ERRORS.txt EXCLUDEERRORFILE=./excludeERR.txt cat $ERRORS | while read ERROR_LINE do echo +++ $ERROR_LINE cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh + clearcase hangs

Hi, prefix: cleartool is an clearcase command. clearcase is a control version tool I have setup a passwordless ssh connection between Unix machines A and B. I am executing a ssh command from Unix box 'A' to Unix box 'B' as follows. ssh username@B 'ls /home/username' This works perfectly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilav
2 Replies

4. AIX

sysback hangs

I've set sysback to run in the cron daily to backup my servers to a nim servers SAN storage. Every once and a while the backup process hangs and the backup doesn't complete. When I check the processes the sysback processes are still running hours after sysback would normally end. I don't see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

5. AIX

SSH login hangs, serial console works

Server, running AIX 6.1 developed strange problem when logging in via SSH -- ssh client hangs without any error. It is possible to run commands on server, using ssh ("ssh servername ls -l" is OK) It is possible to log in normally, using serial console connected to server. It was possible to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivar.zarans
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piped output from SSH tunnel hangs?

Hi All, When starting an SSH tunnel, piped output 'hangs' (on AIX) : ssh -Nf -Llocalhost:22000:server:22 proxy | cat -vet - ... hangs ... Does anybody know how to prevent this? Of course, in my script I don't use the tunnel as I do in the example above. In my script the call to ssh is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: whbos
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh hangs on exit

Hi, Any workaround for this issue, since i am using one script to execute the remote script for several remote server, everything works fine except some of the servers process are hangs even its completed. ---Please help me to resolve this issue---- Script details are here.. for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh hangs on exit

Hi, Any workaround for this issue, since i am using one script to execute the remote script for several remote server, everything works fine except some of the servers process are hangs even its completed. ---Please help me to resolve this issue---- Script details are here.. Code:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

10. Solaris

ssh problem - hangs and then wont connect

Got a Solaris 10 server with two interfaces - 10.0.110.233 and 10.0.111.233. I can ssh to 10.0.110.233 with no problems. But after a certain amount of time it just hangs. Nothing. Then if I try to ssh to 10.0.110.233 again - times out. But I can still ssh to 10.0.111.233. And I can still ping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project