Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle environmental variables in shells script Post 302463238 by milink on Saturday 16th of October 2010 03:02:44 PM
Old 10-16-2010
Hi,

Your help is highly appreciated.

With Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Environmental Variables - where stored ?

Hi all ! Yesterday I defined an environmental variable PATH, but today when I restarted machine, I could not see that it was stored any place. Is there any file where I could save the settings ? I have quite a few env.variables defined, so I need a smarter way to define. regards D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating variables in shells script

All Can you help me to validate a variable only for string and digit. That is variable should either fully alphabets or digits. Please send me result to my mail id also: REMOVED Thanx in advance Regards Deepak Xavier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set Oracle Environmental Variable !!

Can someone send me a shell script to set all Oracle environment variable which is working. I have the following script which works but not 100%. Please advice what you think is wrong. if # Command executed from a terminal then ORACLE_SID="" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuser
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix passing environmental Variables

In my script when I change an env variable in the parent shell it is only changed for that session - it there away to change it permanently using a script so that when I use rlogin (create a child session) that the env variable is set correctly? Basically what I am trying to do is to pass a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: belfastbelle
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] command line substitution with environmental variables

Hi, I'm using an array that contains compiler FLAGS that need to be executed either before ./configure or after the main 'make' command. example of array containing compiler flags. ------------------------------------------------- FLAGS="CFLAGS=\"-arch x86_64 -g -Os -pipe... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
7 Replies

6. AIX

Best way to setup my own environmental variables ?

I am writing a few korn scripts to be used by all our operators on several 4.1/4.2 AIX servers. I want to create environmental variables that once set, can be read/modified by my scripts (ex: specific folders, file names, conventions, general values, ...). I thought this would be better then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL loader script - ORACLE environmental variable

I am new in unix.. I am running a sql loader script where I have to specify the data file path but the file name contains spaces in it so giving error multiple arguments I have tried it with "" and '' but does n't work the command is : $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlldr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sandip Dey
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with manipulating environmental variables in UNIX

I am wondering if there is away to increment a date in c shell. What I need to do is basic, but I lack the knowledge. I have they following environmental variable in my job scripts setenv YYYY `date '+%Y'` I then set YYYY to be part of my output dataset name: setenv dd_OUTPUTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Don't understand the practical difference between command aliases and environmental variables

Hey, I'm recently learning Unix from the video course by Kevin Scoglund. I'm stuck at the moment where he goes into Environmenat variables. I have some issues with understanding what's the essential difference between EV and command aliases: for instance, by writing the command alias ll='ls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< Environmental Variables are not set when script completes >>

Hi Team, I have a wrapper script which i have pasted below, it internally calls one python script to generate Environmental in a file called /home/oracle/myenv.sh, when i execute this script via wrapper script, its not reflecting in my current session, still showing old env variables. any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies
PPI::Document::Normalized(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    PPI::Document::Normalized(3pm)

NAME
PPI::Document::Normalized - A normalized Perl Document DESCRIPTION
A "Normalized Document" object is the result of the normalization process contained in the PPI::Normal class. See the documentation for PPI::Normal for more information. The object contains a version stamp and function list for the version of PPI::Normal used to create it, and a processed and delinked PPI::Document object. Typically, the Document object will have been mangled by the normalization process in a way that would make it fatal to try to actually DO anything with it. Put simply, never use the Document object after normalization. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! The object is designed the way it is to provide a bias towards false negatives. A comparison between two ::Normalized object will only return true if they were produced by the same version of PPI::Normal, with the same set of normalization functions (in the same order). You may get false negatives if you are caching objects across an upgrade. Please note that this is done for security purposes, as there are many cases in which low layer normalization is likely to be done as part of a code security process, and false positives could be highly dangerous. METHODS
new The "new" method is intended for use only by the PPI::Normal class, and to get ::Normalized objects, you are highly recommended to use either that module, or the "normalized" method of the PPI::Document object itself. version The "version" accessor returns the PPI::Normal version used to create the object. functions The "functions" accessor returns a reference to an array of the normalization functions (in order) that were called when creating the object. equal $Normalized The "equal" method is the primary comparison method, taking another PPI::Document::Normalized object, and checking for equivalence to it. The "==" operator is also overload to this method, so that you can do something like the following: my $first = PPI::Document->load('first.pl'); my $second = PPI::Document->load('second.pl'); if ( $first->normalized == $second->normalized ) { print "The two documents are equivalent"; } Returns true if the normalized documents are equivalent, false if not, or "undef" if there is an error. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-26 PPI::Document::Normalized(3pm)