Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Physical and Logical Device Name Post 302463198 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 16th of October 2010 07:58:45 AM
Old 10-16-2010
please use google BEFORE asking questions... the first hit is something like this:
Explaining Physical and Logical Device Names

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical and logical disc, mount etc

say i have a hard disc and like to install unix. I made two partition. plese explain what happens then how devices are created like /dev/hd2 /dev/hd9 etc how /usr/mqm is created. does the directory /usr exist? where ? aslo how we create partition in physical directorY? and link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
0 Replies

2. AIX

Physical and Logical IP address

Hi all I need command to give logical and physical IP Address for my machine. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

3. AIX

Logical volume to raw device

Hy I have several logical volumes that are turned into raw devices used by Informix DB. I would like to add some more. In /dev directory i see logical volumes as block files: lv_name1, lv_name2 ... and i see raw devices defined as character files: rlv_name1, rlv_name2 ... As i see,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: veccinho
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Unmount and remove all Logical vol.Volume group and physical disk

Hi, Someone please help me with how i can unmount and remove all the files systems from a cluster. This is being shared by two servers that are active_standby. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeli
3 Replies

5. Solaris

physical device name when booted different then at ok prompt

Hi all, I am experimenting with solaris. I noticed that when the machine is booted the physical device name of the root device is different then when I am at the ok prompt: # mount | head -1 / on /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 # ls -l /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Why do controllers differ between physical and logical names

When I look at format I can see the following info: AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c1t0d0 <SUN72G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 424> /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 1. c1t1d0 <SUN72G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 424> /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/sd@1,0 Can anyone tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_UK
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

8. Linux

Logical Volume to physical disk mapping

When installing Linux, I choose some default setting to use all the disk space. My server has a single internal 250Gb SCSI disk. By default the install appears to have created 3 logical volumes lv_root, lv_home and lv_swap. fdisk -l shows the following lab3.nms:/dev>fdisk -l Disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX unreadable sector Logical or Physical

Hello Folks, I have got this message: When I contacted support, they said this is logical filesystem error and it has to do with the filesystem. How can I find out ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)