Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Levels of support
Operating Systems Solaris Levels of support Post 302463197 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 16th of October 2010 07:32:36 AM
Old 10-16-2010
You usually cannot get support contracts without human intervention on the vendor's part. It is not like buying a book from Amazon.

Find a local Solaris reseller or the place where you bought the box. Request a quote from them. They are going to need exact machine details, are you still on warranty, and so on.
There used to be bronze, silver, & gold levels of support from Sun.

We just bought several m4000's. Those support levels are no longer available. Our reseller said there is now just one single level of support - they claim Oracle changed the rules. Oracle owns sun now.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Too many levels of symbolic links

Hi, Is there a limit to the number of symbolic links you can have? I tried to vi the symbolic link relating to a file and got the following error: "filename" Too many levels of symbolic links There is only one symbolic link to one file in this case, but there are >2000 other links to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

2. Solaris

RAID Levels

hi, what are the RAID Levels followed for various File systems ? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol8admin
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Init levels

I have a problem, i dont know if its a normal behaviour or not, i can go to a lower init level, but i cant go to a higher one again, for instance i can run the command init 2 while im at init 3 and when i do who -r i find myself go down to 2 but if i type init 3 and wait im still finding myself in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Run Levels confusion

Hi, Could somebody throw some light on the below queries: - For a run-level X, the S* scripts are executed when coming here from X-n run-level. The K* scripts are executed when coming to X runlevel from X+n runlevel. - Does reaching to runlevel X from X-3 executes K* scritps from X-2 & X-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search through 2 levels of zip

Hi guys, I know I'm missing something simple here. We have about 500 zipped files in a directory which contain more zip files and within those I need to find a file without unzipping everything. I know I can use zipinfo which I'm trying to create a for loop to go through the files and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petef
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with getting shell script to look two levels down...

Hi, I am writing a shell script and I need to make sure files exist two levels below a current directory so I use the following conditional check: if The way the script seems to be working is that if something exists at the first level is executes the script. I only want it to execute if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Run levels in Solaris 11

Hi Guys, I need to change the following script ( which is good for Linux) for Solris 11 #start oracle start on runlevel stop on runlevel What it should be for Solrais 11. Thanks for your help. Regards Terry (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrykhatri531
2 Replies

8. Debian

Linux Changing Run Levels

Hi this is my first thread. I use KDE and Gnome on Debian. I configured inittab like what it should be. But when i have an inittab file i can't see anything when i run who -r command. This is the result of who -r without /etc/inittab hwpplayer1@build3:~$ who -r açılış-seviyesi 5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hwpplayer1
4 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Oracle joins in WHERE syntax support (instead of ANSI). PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
DBIx::Class should automagically detect Oracle and use this module with no work from you. DESCRIPTION
This class implements Oracle's WhereJoin support. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the SQL query, it's already too late. METHODS
See DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins for implementation details. BUGS
Does not support full outer joins. Probably lots more. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic DBIx::Class AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-16 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)