Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about erand48 usage
Top Forums Programming Question about erand48 usage Post 302463118 by santosh_sugur on Friday 15th of October 2010 06:29:51 PM
Old 10-15-2010
May be it's my compiler that's over optimizing space usage, I don't know. I've moved ahead.. but it sucks to not know where/how I was screwing up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

basic question about disk usage

how to i find out the disk usage on a server. say in windows examples its like C:/ D:/ and checking out the disk space. how can i find in Unix. can i just use df -k (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of sed question for experts

I need a little help with sed. Basically, I need to parse out selections from the output of hddtemp so conky can display some hdd temps for me. I have hddtemp in daemon mode so A simple 'nc localhost 7634' displays the following: $ nc localhost 7634... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: audiophile
3 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync usage question

Hello folks; I'm using rsync on my Ubuntu servers to sync a remote folders on a remote machine to a local folders on a local machine. one thing i couldn't get to work is how to exclude folder. I know i'm suppose to use "exclude" argument but every time i do, i still see the excluded directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding sed usage

I have a html file with the following content:- <font face=verdana color=#000000>108946</font> <font face=verdana color=#000000>234346</font> I want to format the values inside the font tag using thousand separator. I have the following command which can be used for adding thousand... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ln usage question

Is it possible to assign a symbolic link to a network folder, without that folder being mounted? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nerdcurious
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on disk size and usage

Hello All, this may be a simple question but I wasn't sure how to word it to search for the answer. Have a look at the following: /dev/mapper/vgdata-lvdata 626G 594G 0 100% /data01 As you can see the disk size 626GB of which 594G is used. There's 32GB difference there but the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed command usage question

How to work x in sed command? I know x command is swaps the contents of pattern space and hold space. But i am unable to understand it's working? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vartika18
4 Replies
SD_READAHEAD(3) 						   sd_readahead 						   SD_READAHEAD(3)

NAME
sd_readahead - Control ongoing disk boot-time read-ahead operations SYNOPSIS
#include "sd-readahead.h" int sd_readahead(const char *action); DESCRIPTION
sd_readahead() may be called by programs involved with early boot-up to control ongoing boot-time disk read-ahead operations. It may be used to terminate read-ahead operations in case an uncommon disk access pattern is to be expected and hence read-ahead replay or collection is unlikely to have the desired speed-up effect on the current or future boot-ups. The action should be one of the following strings: cancel Terminates read-ahead data collection, and drops all read-ahead data collected during this boot-up. done Terminates read-ahead data collection, but keeps all read-ahead data collected during this boot-up around for use during subsequent boot-ups. noreplay Terminates read-ahead replay. RETURN VALUE
On failure, these calls return a negative errno-style error code. It is generally recommended to ignore the return value of this call. NOTES
This function is provided by the reference implementation of APIs for controlling boot-time read-ahead and distributed with the systemd package. The algorithm it implements is simple, and can easily be reimplemented in daemons if it is important to support this interface without using the reference implementation. Internally, this function creates a file in /run/systemd/readahead/ which is then used as flag file to notify the read-ahead subsystem. For details about the algorithm check the liberally licensed reference implementation sources: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/plain/src/readahead/sd-readahead.c and http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/plain/src/systemd/sd-readahead.h sd_readahead() is implemented in the reference implementation's drop-in sd-readahead.c and sd-readahead.h files. It is recommended that applications consuming this API copy the implementation into their source tree. For more details about the reference implementation, see sd-readahead(3) If -DDISABLE_SYSTEMD is set during compilation, this function will always return 0 and otherwise become a NOP. EXAMPLES
Example 1. Cancelling all read-ahead operations During boots where SELinux has to relabel the file system hierarchy, it will create a large amount of disk accesses that are not necessary during normal boots. Hence it is a good idea to disable both read-ahead replay and read-ahead collection. sd_readahead("cancel"); sd_readahead("noreplay"); SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sd-readahead(3), daemon(7) systemd 208 SD_READAHEAD(3)