Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Renamed lib directory by mistake Post 302463041 by jetjaguar on Friday 15th of October 2010 02:22:03 PM
Old 10-15-2010
Thank you, standing by (and googling).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Mistake!!!

Hi. I hope someone can help me with this problem. Being a novice to Unix, I editted my crontab directly by typing " crontab -e ". Well, I needed to make some changes so, I typed " crontab -r ". Now I have no crontab, and I can't seem to get crontab to write a new file. I' ve tried: vi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate index names renamed

Hello everyone ! Please have a minute and see if you know how to script this I have a file like this: "create table .... ... create index n112 on ... ... create table ... .... create index n113 on... ... create table ... create index n112 on ...! duplicate ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sotoc79
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

ls: /lib/libattr.so.1: no version information available (required by /lib/libacl.so.1)

Hello, I'm experimenting a problem on my rh server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 8) 2.4.21-47.ELsmp #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux It started with a segmentation fault on #id root To resolve it, I've installed coreutils-4.5.3-28.4.i386.rpm But, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Critical lib renamed

Hello I have moved a critical lib from its location, so all programms linked to libc dont work . I still have two shells on the machine, bash and ksh The only thing I see is copying back the lib, but of course : dd, cp , mv etc are dead . So i tryed a loop with read ... {^Jwhile read... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: remi75
24 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mistakenly renamed libdl.so: system got corrupted

Hi, I am using Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit (Hardy Heron LTS Desktop edition) OS on a 64-bit intel hardware (x86_64). I have wrongly renamed the /lib64/libdl-2.7.so shared library file and now hardly few commands are working. My Gnome UI display has gone and I could not establish any new connection via... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Probably some stupid mistake...

Hi everyone ! I have a file wich look like this : >Sis01 > Sis02 ... >Sis44 I want to separe each paragraphe in a different file, so I decide to use the "FOR" loop + sed. for f in {01..44} do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluvah
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solved: Missing whatis file from my /usr/shar/lib directory...

My whatis file is missing from my /usr/share/lib directory. I know I can recreate it by using catman -w command. My question is, why do all of my other servers have it and this one doesn't. Maybe due to a recent move of old to new servers and it just wasn't copied over. Unlikely, 'cause all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone help me to spot my mistake?

Hi there can anyone help me to spot my mistake and please explain why it appears My code : #!/usr/bin/gawk -f BEGIN { bytes =0} { temp=$(grep "datafeed\.php" | cut -d" " -f8) bytes += temp} END { printf "Number of bytes: %d\n", bytes } when I am running ./q411 an411 an411: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

who renamed my executable

Hi All, I connected via rlogin in testing environment (ksh ) and placed an executable with -rwxr-xr-x permission. eg: from my own unix box used : rlogin host -l user But the exe was renamed by somebody. since it's only renaming none of the access time , modification time etc is altered.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackcat
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Renamed Volume Group name on Webmin while running samba server (oops)

Hi...I'm new to Linux and was working on a home server. I have it operational with Samba Share as my NAS system. Unfortunately, while I was on Webmin I changed the Logical Volume Group Name and now I can't find the data I had saved on my Samba Server. Can anyone help me recover those files? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pangil
0 Replies
CoDel(8)							       Linux								  CoDel(8)

NAME
CoDel - Controlled-Delay Active Queue Management algorithm SYNOPSIS
tc qdisc ... codel [ limit PACKETS ] [ target TIME ] [ interval TIME ] [ ecn | noecn ] DESCRIPTION
CoDel (pronounced "coddle") is an adaptive "no-knobs" active queue management algorithm (AQM) scheme that was developed to address the shortcomings of RED and its variants. It was developed with the following goals in mind: o It should be parameterless. o It should keep delays low while permitting bursts of traffic. o It should control delay. o It should adapt dynamically to changing link rates with no impact on utilization. o It should be simple and efficient and should scale from simple to complex routers. ALGORITHM
CoDel comes with three major innovations. Instead of using queue size or queue average, it uses the local minimum queue as a measure of the standing/persistent queue. Second, it uses a single state-tracking variable of the minimum delay to see where it is relative to the stand- ing queue delay. Third, instead of measuring queue size in bytes or packets, it is measured in packet-sojourn time in the queue. CoDel measures the minimum local queue delay (i.e. standing queue delay) and compares it to the value of the given acceptable queue delay target. As long as the minimum queue delay is less than target or the buffer contains fewer than MTU worth of bytes, packets are not dropped. Codel enters a dropping mode when the minimum queue delay has exceeded target for a time greater than interval. In this mode, packets are dropped at different drop times which is set by a control law. The control law ensures that the packet drops cause a linear change in the throughput. Once the minimum delay goes below target, packets are no longer dropped. Additional details can be found in the paper cited below. PARAMETERS
limit hard limit on the real queue size. When this limit is reached, incoming packets are dropped. If the value is lowered, packets are dropped so that the new limit is met. Default is 1000 packets. target is the acceptable minimum standing/persistent queue delay. This minimum delay is identified by tracking the local minimum queue delay that packets experience. Default and recommended value is 5ms. interval is used to ensure that the measured minimum delay does not become too stale. The minimum delay must be experienced in the last epoch of length interval. It should be set on the order of the worst-case RTT through the bottleneck to give endpoints sufficient time to react. Default value is 100ms. ecn | noecn can be used to mark packets instead of dropping them. If ecn has been enabled, noecn can be used to turn it off and vice-a-versa. By default, ecn is turned off. EXAMPLES
# tc qdisc add dev eth0 root codel # tc -s qdisc show qdisc codel 801b: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 limit 1000p target 5.0ms interval 100.0ms Sent 245801662 bytes 275853 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 24) backlog 0b 0p requeues 24 count 0 lastcount 0 ldelay 2us drop_next 0us maxpacket 7306 ecn_mark 0 drop_overlimit 0 # tc qdisc add dev eth0 root codel limit 100 target 4ms interval 30ms ecn # tc -s qdisc show qdisc codel 801c: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 limit 100p target 4.0ms interval 30.0ms ecn Sent 237573074 bytes 268561 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 5) backlog 0b 0p requeues 5 count 0 lastcount 0 ldelay 76us drop_next 0us maxpacket 2962 ecn_mark 0 drop_overlimit 0 SEE ALSO
tc(8), tc-red(8) SOURCES
o Kathleen Nichols and Van Jacobson, "Controlling Queue Delay", ACM Queue, http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2209336 AUTHORS
CoDel was implemented by Eric Dumazet and David Taht. This manpage was written by Vijay Subramanian. Please reports corrections to the Linux Networking mailing list <netdev@vger.kernel.org>. iproute2 23 May 2012 CoDel(8)