Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Granting user permission for public_html Post 302462897 by joker40 on Friday 15th of October 2010 09:12:22 AM
Old 10-15-2010
Debian os

I am running debian flavour of linux and apache http server
I just want to practice on how to acount for user and want that
user to be able to create web page is he wants to.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find a file or directory under public_html

Hi there, I have a quick question about the UNIX command find, if you can help me I will appreciate it... I am trying tho find a file which is under my 'public_html' directory. As I know, I am making the command > find ~ -name filename(or directory name) to find the file or directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Granting User Access

I have two users, user1 and defaultuser. Whenever i logon to my unix session from a remote machine i log into defaultuser. Inside this "defaultuser" i have some setup files that i need to run from the other user that i have created myself i.e. "user1". The problem is even granting the ownership of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awaismalik82
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with user permission

hi everyone. iīve been burning my head for a week now with this problem and i couldnīt find a solution. iīve been looking for an answer in this forum but nothing either. so i decided to ask. the thing is, i want to create a users with permission to kill just a group of users. i know how to write... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasmarin
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod for public_html ?

Hello! My web host has the public_html permission on my account set to 750. 1. Does this setting permit the world to use my submission forms (contained within contact.html and purchase_order.html)? 2. The "0" entry looks like it blocks the public from conducting all activity on my site.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texan
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User permission

Hi all, I created testuser. by following command. /usr/sbin/adduser -n test -d /disk05/collections/GET/testdata/ and then set its password by following command. passwd testuser When I login to system by testuser, it enters everything is ok. The problem is how to set permission to this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
3 Replies

6. AIX

Granting folder access

Hello, I need to allow a user the ability to create files in a directory that is owned by another user/group. How can I do this? Thank you. AIX version: 5.3.0.0 ~David (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

granting permission to file/directory to a specific user

hello, I would like to grant full access to a directory which is owned by root and the web application that created it. I have though of adding the permission to the whole world, but for security reason I would like to grant it to one more user. I have tried this 'chmod -U newUser+wrx... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: run123
2 Replies

8. Web Development

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] directs to /var/www not ~/public_html

Hi all, Exactly like my title says. I am learning PHP and MySQL and I used to use /var/www/ to host (contain or store) my files (.htm/.php) for testing. I could configure, finally, apache2 to use ~/public_html instead. Now I when I tried to use $_SERVER it still directs (I used echo to show... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Granting access to specific user on a 700 file

Hello, I have a a directory dir1 with permissions 700 (yes wantedly) and is owned by user1:group1 rwx------ user1 group1 dir1I need to give permissions to user2 (belongs to group2) on dir1 and its files, so I granted the permissions using setfacl ; instead of adding the user to groups and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies
MAKE-KLONE-PROJECT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     MAKE-KLONE-PROJECT(1)

NAME
make-klone-project - manage a KLone based custom Debian package SYNOPSIS
make-klone-project [options] COMMAND DESCRIPTION
make-klone-project is a tool to create and manage custom webserver packages that use KLone, a framework that integrates a web site with possibly dynamic content and a web server into a single binary. The aim is to let the author to focus on editing the site specific files under webapp/ and allow creating a Debian package containing the web server and an init.d script to manage it with dpkg-buildpackage. USAGE
make-klone-project takes one non-option argument. create Create a new project directory, package-0.1 and seeds it with KLone's source and a debian/ directory. clean Remove all non-user created files and directories ie. everything but debian/copyright, debian/changelog, debian/wsp.* and webapp/. See also the -l option below. refresh Cleans the project directory as with make-klone-project clean and reseeds the KLone source and the debian/ directory. EXAMPLES
make-klone-project create -p myapp -m "Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>" cd myapp-0.1 (edit any files that require editing, mostly in webapp/) make-klone-project refresh dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot sudo dpkg -i ../myapp_0.1_i386.deb OPTIONS
-b NAME Name the created web server binary as NAME. If not specified the package name is used. -l Look for the project root directory in clean and refresh commands by changing the working directory to the parent directory until they find a file named debian/wsp.opt.maintainer in the current directory. Returns with error if none is found. Without this op- tion, only the current directory is checked for this file. The upside of using this option is that make-klone-project will be agnostic about the working directory, as long as it is somewhere inside the project tree, just like dpkg-buildpackage. The downside is that you run a greater risk of having the clean command cause unwanted data loss, if you happen to have an unfortunately named file in a wrong place. -m NAME Sets the maintainer name as NAME. -p NAME Set the package name as NAME. Only effective with the create command. If not specified, uses customkloneapp. FILES
debian/wsp.description A custom description for the package. Should be formatted like the corresponding field in the debian/control file. debian/wsp.opt.* The options set in prior calls to make-klone-project. webapp/ The user specified site tree, to be imported as the site by KLone. NOTES
Your web server will be run as a root, so you will need to use either allow_root or uid and gid options in your etc/kloned.conf. SEE ALSO
dpkg-buildpackage(1), klone(1), kloned.conf(5), kloned(8). AUTHOR
make-klone-project was written by Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>. 16 Sep 2007 MAKE-KLONE-PROJECT(1)