Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help me with simple shell script. Post 302462815 by michaelrozar17 on Friday 15th of October 2010 05:44:42 AM
Old 10-15-2010
It wud be fine posting your desired output..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I need of a simple shell script

Hi, I need of a simple shell script to launch a perl script. The complet path of the script is: /export/home/x2693/project/v02/appliancemanagement.pl (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in a simple shell script

Hi All I have requirement to write a shell script which would look for the userid which is logged in , and once the User id is found i would delete certain lines from a parameter file .. here is what iam using a=ps -o user | grep -v user | uniq then using an if condition and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a very simple shell script

Am VERY new to UNIX and need to know the answer to this particular question :- Write a short shell or perl script to do the following tasks: 4.1 Move all the files mentioned (there are other files in the directory) from their current directory to /home/selvarde/testfiles/ and add the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samdeb
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Shell Script

Hello Friends, I am writing a shell script which will grab a file if it exists and copies it to another folder and will append with current date. I have written but gives me error, plz help: -------------------------------------------- #!/usr/bin/sh source=/home/dev4rice/naveen/test1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with very simple Shell Script

Write a shell that receives as parameters two folder names. Copies the second folder as subfolder into the first one. Only folders and files with the '.txt' extension will be copied. Detect and avoid recursive copy. This is what I have to do and I don't know where to start. In fact, I started... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsh07er
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with simple Shell Script

Hi , I am in need of simple shell script that has one input file containing some words Input file 1 : ****ALEX***JOHN*******VIRGIL***** CHRITINE*****FAISAL*****DON***** ****ALEX***JOHN*******VIRGIL***** CHRITINE*****FAISAL*****DON***** ****ALEX***JOHN*******VIRGIL*****... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanjuna
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Shell Script? Someone help?

Write a shell script which adds up 10 numbers entered by the user and displays the result to the screen. You must use the read command to obtain the numbers from the user. Im a nooby noob (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxNubBrah
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Shell Script! Almost Done!

Hello, I am creating a shell script and I am almost done. I have certain things I want done in the shell but don't know how to finish it properly. Here is what I am aiming to do. I am aiming to have a shell that takes at least 3 parameters. The first two are the two words to replace (the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellsNewb
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on simple shell script

Hello, I need to create one very simple shell script that checks if the first character of the file ./pump.txt is 0 and in that case gives a message. If the first character is instead 1, it does give a different message. I have written: irr= head -c 1 ./pump.txt if ]; then echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcaccount
4 Replies
FLAME(1)						      General Commands Manual							  FLAME(1)

NAME
flame -- reply to Usenet News posting automatically SYNOPSIS
flame [options] [filename] DESCRIPTION
Flame is a AI tool providing an automated method for replying to articles posted to Usenet News. Special care is paid to allow the user to specify the type of reply he desires. The following options are supported by flame: -- Take input from stdin. -x regexp Crosspost to all newsgroups matching regexp. -n number Post this reply number times. -b Reply in BIFF MODE. -d Delay response until original posting expires. -m Misdirect to a random Author. -r ROT13 quotes from original posting. -g regexp Reply to all messages in newsgroups matching regexp. -A Call the Author Assh*le in 12 languages. -B Bait the Author. -C Accuse the Author of communist leanings. -D Denigrate the Author. -E Picks apart the Author's educational background. -F Accuse the Author of fascist leanings. -G Post using Greek insult module. -H Accuse the Author of homophobic leanings. -I Question the Author's intelligence. -J Accuse the Author of purchasing Japanese imports. -K Accuse the Author of working for the KGB, MOSSAD, CIA, or MI5 as appropriate. -L Post using Latin insult module. -M Insult the Author's mother. -N Accuse the Author of Neo-Nazi leanings. -O Quote obscure references proving falsehood of the posting. -P Question the Author's parentage. -Q Accuse the Author of deviant sexual practices. -R Accuse the Author of racist leaning. -S Accuse the Author of sexist leanings. -T Accuse the Author of cross dressing. -U State that the Author just doesn't understand anything. -V Pretend sympathy for Author's virgin sensibilities. -W Accuse the Author of voting for George Bush. -X Prepend obscene adjectives wherever syntactically correct. -Y Accuse the Author of PLO membership. -Z Accuse the Author of Zionist leanings. ENVIRONMENT
The environment variable FLAME_TYPE can be set to any combination of the above parameters, and will be used as the default flame type to generate. The environment variable OBSCENE points to a file containing miscellaneous obscene adjectives for the -X option above. MACROS
Macro Support will be added to the next release of flame. AUTHOR
Unknown FILES
.lastflame This file contains the number of the last article flamed. Used when flameing an entire newsgroup. .prefflame This file contains the user's preferred flames. .altflame This file contains alternate phrasing of some of the more standard flames. Used to keep the program from flaming itself. SEE ALSO
rn(1), more(1), newsrc(5), readnews(1), Pnews(1), Rnmail(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Self Documenting. BUGS
Occasionally, flame will turn on the user, and flame all outgoing postings. When this happens, the best thing to do reinstall your news software and flame. FLAME(1)