Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Subprocess errors
Operating Systems AIX Subprocess errors Post 302462467 by Jazmania on Thursday 14th of October 2010 10:02:37 AM
Old 10-14-2010
Hmmm, that didn't return anything...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting value of variable set in subprocess script

I am writing a shell script that executes another script by fetching it over the network and piping its contents into sh (ftp -o - $script | sh; or wget -O - |sh). Since this bypasses putting the script on the filesystem, this means I can't source the script directly (using . ), but rather it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hadarot
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to wait for the subprocess to finish in tcl

Hi All Here i have a piece of code, set filename "./GopiRun.sh" #I need to wait here until the GopiRun.sh is completed how do i achive this exit. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt about pipes and subprocess

Hi, I am having a trivial doubt. Please see the below pipeline code sequence. command1 | (command 2; commend 3) I am aware that the command that follows pipe will run in the sub shell by the Unix kernel. But how about here? Since these set of commands are grouped under "parantheses", will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

python: what's wrong with my subprocess.Popen

my script is #!/usr/bin/env python import datetime import subprocess import sys import os import signal from time import sleep def runForAWhile(cmd, secs=10): print("running %s" % cmd) timeout = datetime.timedelta(seconds=secs) print timeout proc = subprocess.Popen(cmd,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

subprocess termination: sun java domain

I have only one domain in my sun java apps. I restarted however I got the error below server failed to stop: abnormal subprocess termination could not stop domain could not stop domain could not stop one or more instances in the domain: domain1 starting up myapplication instance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python subprocess module

I need to run this command using python subprocess module (notice I'm using only variables): cmd = TESTPATH + ' -s ' + serviceName + ' -r ' + rdir + \ ' -m ' + masterAcct + ' -p ' + persona + ' -P ' + passwd (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xterm using python subprocess

Hi, I am trying to run a shell script using subprocess in python. I can run simple script with arguments using subprocess.But I am not able to embed xterm in subrocess command. #!/usr/bin/python import subprocess subprocess.call() Above code gives me error. Please help me in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python subprocess

Hi guys, I'm learning python and perl and i was trying to run from python a perl script using the subprocess module. I have an issue that i don't understand regarding this. I run this code: #!/usr/bin/python import subprocess p2 = subprocess.Popen(,stdout=subprocess.PIPE) output2 =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capitanui
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python3 subprocess troubles

After struggling with this for days now, I'm reaching out to the experts of all things linux for some help with this. I'm trying to run the following working command (on command line) inside a python script using subprocess: rsync -avzh --no-perms --delete --include="*sub*" --exclude='*'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies

10. Programming

[Python] - subprocess issue

So I have this basic script, see below import subprocess import shlex command = "gcloud projects list" subprocess.check_output(shlex.split(command)) subprocess.check_call(shlex.split(command)) The subprocess.check_call(shlex.split(command)) actually return what I expect. It returns... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
6 Replies
SYSTEM(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 SYSTEM(3)

NAME
system -- pass a command to the shell LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int system(const char *string); DESCRIPTION
The system() function hands the argument string to the command interpreter sh(1). The calling process waits for the shell to finish execut- ing the command, ignoring SIGINT and SIGQUIT, and blocking SIGCHLD. If string is a NULL pointer, system() will return non-zero if the command interpreter sh(1) is available, and zero if it is not. RETURN VALUES
The system() function returns the exit status of the shell as returned by waitpid(2), or -1 if an error occurred when invoking fork(2) or waitpid(2). A return value of 127 means the execution of the shell failed. SEE ALSO
sh(1), execve(2), fork(2), waitpid(2), popen(3) STANDARDS
The system() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (``ISO C90'') and is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BSD
June 4, 1993 BSD