Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Create table with date format. Post 302462403 by pludi on Thursday 14th of October 2010 06:47:18 AM
Old 10-14-2010
Oracle uses an internal date/time representation, and the way it's displayed is determined by the sessions NLS_DATE_FORMAT setting, eg ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT='YYYYMMDDHH24MISS';

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert mmddyy date format to ccyyddd format??

hi, for reading a cobol indexed file i need to convert "mmddyy" date format to "ccyyddd" format. i checked the datecalc and other scripts but couldnt modify them to cater to my need:(... The datecalc gives an output which i believe is the total days till that date, but i want to convert it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create filename with 'DD/MM/YYYY' date format

Hi, I can use the following command to create a file with some name then underscore and then date appended to it in the format 'DD-MM-YYYY': touch "newfile_`date '+%d-%m-%Y'`" But it gives me error when I try with the similar command to create a file with the date format 'DD/MM/YYYY'. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare date from db2 table to yesterday's Unix system date

I am currently running the following Korn shell script which works fine: #!/usr/bin/ksh count=`db2 -x "select count(*) from schema.tablename"` echo "count" I would like to add a "where" clause to the 2nd line that would allow me to get a record count of all the records from schema.tablename... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing from Excel date format to MySQL date format

I have a list of dates in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy and want to change these to the MySQL standard format: yyyy-mm-dd. The dates in the original file may or may not be zero padded, so April is sometimes "04" and other times simply "4". This is what I use to change the format: sed -i '' -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Table format

My Code Hi Friends, I need to get output in table format using unix shell script.For example my server CPU and memory utilization report will come as a mail with ordinary format but i want to make as table format. Here two output finally we are getting:- CPU utilization is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all Files in a UNIX Directory from one date format to another date format

Hi Unix Gurus, I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file from output of vertica table query in UTF-8 format?

Hello, In my shell script, I extract table data from HP Vertica DB into a csv file using vsql -c command. But the problem is the file getting created is in binary format and hence some of the data becomes unreadable which has chinese characters as part of data. file -i filename.csv - gives... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharmatheja
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
INDEX(7) SQL Commands ALTER INDEX(7) NAME
ALTER INDEX - change the definition of an index SYNOPSIS
ALTER INDEX name RENAME TO new_name ALTER INDEX name SET TABLESPACE tablespace_name ALTER INDEX name SET ( storage_parameter = value [, ... ] ) ALTER INDEX name RESET ( storage_parameter [, ... ] ) DESCRIPTION
ALTER INDEX changes the definition of an existing index. There are several subforms: RENAME The RENAME form changes the name of the index. There is no effect on the stored data. SET TABLESPACE This form changes the index's tablespace to the specified tablespace and moves the data file(s) associated with the index to the new tablespace. See also CREATE TABLESPACE [create_tablespace(7)]. SET ( storage_parameter = value [, ... ] ) This form changes one or more index-method-specific storage parameters for the index. See CREATE INDEX [create_index(7)] for details on the available parameters. Note that the index contents will not be modified immediately by this command; depending on the parame- ter you might need to rebuild the index with REINDEX [reindex(7)] to get the desired effects. RESET ( storage_parameter [, ... ] ) This form resets one or more index-method-specific storage parameters to their defaults. As with SET, a REINDEX might be needed to update the index entirely. PARAMETERS
name The name (possibly schema-qualified) of an existing index to alter. new_name The new name for the index. tablespace_name The tablespace to which the index will be moved. storage_parameter The name of an index-method-specific storage parameter. value The new value for an index-method-specific storage parameter. This might be a number or a word depending on the parameter. NOTES
These operations are also possible using ALTER TABLE [alter_table(7)]. ALTER INDEX is in fact just an alias for the forms of ALTER TABLE that apply to indexes. There was formerly an ALTER INDEX OWNER variant, but this is now ignored (with a warning). An index cannot have an owner different from its table's owner. Changing the table's owner automatically changes the index as well. Changing any part of a system catalog index is not permitted. EXAMPLES
To rename an existing index: ALTER INDEX distributors RENAME TO suppliers; To move an index to a different tablespace: ALTER INDEX distributors SET TABLESPACE fasttablespace; To change an index's fill factor (assuming that the index method supports it): ALTER INDEX distributors SET (fillfactor = 75); REINDEX INDEX distributors; COMPATIBILITY
ALTER INDEX is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE INDEX [create_index(7)], REINDEX [reindex(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER INDEX(7)