Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Create table with date format. Post 302462383 by Poonamol on Thursday 14th of October 2010 05:52:06 AM
Old 10-14-2010
Create table with date format.

Hello,

Could you please let me know the correct format of CREATE TABLE statement with DATE format.
Code:
CREATE TABLE EMP_TABLE1 (
   NAME VARCHAR(6) PRIMARY KEY,
   ADDRESS VARCHAR(6),
   BIRTH_DATE  DATE
);

I want BIRTH_DATE to be in "YYYYMMDDHHMISS" format.
How we can create table with this format of DATE in oracle?
Thanks a lot in advance.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert mmddyy date format to ccyyddd format??

hi, for reading a cobol indexed file i need to convert "mmddyy" date format to "ccyyddd" format. i checked the datecalc and other scripts but couldnt modify them to cater to my need:(... The datecalc gives an output which i believe is the total days till that date, but i want to convert it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create filename with 'DD/MM/YYYY' date format

Hi, I can use the following command to create a file with some name then underscore and then date appended to it in the format 'DD-MM-YYYY': touch "newfile_`date '+%d-%m-%Y'`" But it gives me error when I try with the similar command to create a file with the date format 'DD/MM/YYYY'. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare date from db2 table to yesterday's Unix system date

I am currently running the following Korn shell script which works fine: #!/usr/bin/ksh count=`db2 -x "select count(*) from schema.tablename"` echo "count" I would like to add a "where" clause to the 2nd line that would allow me to get a record count of all the records from schema.tablename... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing from Excel date format to MySQL date format

I have a list of dates in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy and want to change these to the MySQL standard format: yyyy-mm-dd. The dates in the original file may or may not be zero padded, so April is sometimes "04" and other times simply "4". This is what I use to change the format: sed -i '' -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Table format

My Code Hi Friends, I need to get output in table format using unix shell script.For example my server CPU and memory utilization report will come as a mail with ordinary format but i want to make as table format. Here two output finally we are getting:- CPU utilization is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all Files in a UNIX Directory from one date format to another date format

Hi Unix Gurus, I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file from output of vertica table query in UTF-8 format?

Hello, In my shell script, I extract table data from HP Vertica DB into a csv file using vsql -c command. But the problem is the file getting created is in binary format and hence some of the data becomes unreadable which has chinese characters as part of data. file -i filename.csv - gives... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharmatheja
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::MySQL(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       SQL::Translator::Parser::MySQL(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::MySQL - parser for MySQL SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator; use SQL::Translator::Parser::MySQL; my $translator = SQL::Translator->new; $translator->parser("SQL::Translator::Parser::MySQL"); DESCRIPTION
The grammar is influenced heavily by Tim Bunce's "mysql2ora" grammar. Here's the word from the MySQL site (http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/CREATE_TABLE.html): CREATE [TEMPORARY] TABLE [IF NOT EXISTS] tbl_name [(create_definition,...)] [table_options] [select_statement] or CREATE [TEMPORARY] TABLE [IF NOT EXISTS] tbl_name LIKE old_table_name; create_definition: col_name type [NOT NULL | NULL] [DEFAULT default_value] [AUTO_INCREMENT] [PRIMARY KEY] [reference_definition] or PRIMARY KEY (index_col_name,...) or KEY [index_name] (index_col_name,...) or INDEX [index_name] (index_col_name,...) or UNIQUE [INDEX] [index_name] (index_col_name,...) or FULLTEXT [INDEX] [index_name] (index_col_name,...) or [CONSTRAINT symbol] FOREIGN KEY [index_name] (index_col_name,...) [reference_definition] or CHECK (expr) type: TINYINT[(length)] [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] or SMALLINT[(length)] [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] or MEDIUMINT[(length)] [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] or INT[(length)] [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] or INTEGER[(length)] [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] or BIGINT[(length)] [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] or REAL[(length,decimals)] [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] or DOUBLE[(length,decimals)] [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] or FLOAT[(length,decimals)] [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] or DECIMAL(length,decimals) [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] or NUMERIC(length,decimals) [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] or CHAR(length) [BINARY] or VARCHAR(length) [BINARY] or DATE or TIME or TIMESTAMP or DATETIME or TINYBLOB or BLOB or MEDIUMBLOB or LONGBLOB or TINYTEXT or TEXT or MEDIUMTEXT or LONGTEXT or ENUM(value1,value2,value3,...) or SET(value1,value2,value3,...) index_col_name: col_name [(length)] reference_definition: REFERENCES tbl_name [(index_col_name,...)] [MATCH FULL | MATCH PARTIAL] [ON DELETE reference_option] [ON UPDATE reference_option] reference_option: RESTRICT | CASCADE | SET NULL | NO ACTION | SET DEFAULT table_options: TYPE = {BDB | HEAP | ISAM | InnoDB | MERGE | MRG_MYISAM | MYISAM } or ENGINE = {BDB | HEAP | ISAM | InnoDB | MERGE | MRG_MYISAM | MYISAM } or AUTO_INCREMENT = # or AVG_ROW_LENGTH = # or [ DEFAULT ] CHARACTER SET charset_name or CHECKSUM = {0 | 1} or COLLATE collation_name or COMMENT = "string" or MAX_ROWS = # or MIN_ROWS = # or PACK_KEYS = {0 | 1 | DEFAULT} or PASSWORD = "string" or DELAY_KEY_WRITE = {0 | 1} or ROW_FORMAT= { default | dynamic | fixed | compressed } or RAID_TYPE= {1 | STRIPED | RAID0 } RAID_CHUNKS=# RAID_CHUNKSIZE=# or UNION = (table_name,[table_name...]) or INSERT_METHOD= {NO | FIRST | LAST } or DATA DIRECTORY="absolute path to directory" or INDEX DIRECTORY="absolute path to directory" A subset of the ALTER TABLE syntax that allows addition of foreign keys: ALTER [IGNORE] TABLE tbl_name alter_specification [, alter_specification] ... alter_specification: ADD [CONSTRAINT [symbol]] FOREIGN KEY [index_name] (index_col_name,...) [reference_definition] A subset of INSERT that we ignore: INSERT anything ARGUMENTS
This parser takes a single optional parser_arg "mysql_parser_version", which provides the desired version for the target database. Any statement in the processed dump file, that is commented with a version higher than the one supplied, will be stripped. The default "mysql_parser_version" is set to the conservative value of 40000 (MySQL 4.0) Valid version specifiers for "mysql_parser_version" are listed here More information about the MySQL comment-syntax: <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/comments.html> AUTHOR
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cpan.org>, Chris Mungall <cjm@fruitfly.org>. SEE ALSO
Parse::RecDescent, SQL::Translator::Schema. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-01 SQL::Translator::Parser::MySQL(3pm)