Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Difference between words and not between numbers Post 302462347 by ctsgnb on Thursday 14th of October 2010 03:44:04 AM
Old 10-14-2010
You should use "test" instead of test
... since test is a shell command !
choose another string that is not a shell command (ex : "mytest") to avoid any confusion ...

Code:
[[ "$file" != "mytest" ]] && echo ERROR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to separate numbers and words from a file using shell scripts

Hi, How to separate numbers and words(with full alphabets) in a particular file and store it in two different files. Please help me out for this.Using shell scripting. :confused::confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamakshi s
1 Replies

2. Web Development

Query to print numbers in words

Hi, If i give a number say "1234" the output of mysql query should be: one thousand and twenty four How to write mysql query for this? With regards Vanitha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers below words with awk

Hi all, Please some help over here. I have a Sales.txt file containing info in blocks for every sold product in the pattern showed below (only for 2 products). NEW BLOCK SALE DATA PRODUCT SERIAL 79833269999 146701011945004 .Some other data .Some... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query to print numbers in words

Hi, I have to write a shell script that converts numbers in to words below is what i wrote.My script is not running. ----------------------------------- echo -n "Enter number : " read n len= echo $n | wc -c echo " number in words : " for ( i=1; i<len; i++ ) do num=echo $n... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the column that begins with certain words/numbers

Hi guys, I have got a file which doesn't have the same number of columns in each line. I would like to print the second column and the one that begins with 33= and has some numbers after '33=' Can you please help me asap? Cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandra_ola
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calculate the difference between numbers in lines of file

Hi everyone, i have files containing lines of number: 109 107 67 62 .. .. i want to calculate the difference between numbers in lines 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6 and so on. would someone help me please?. Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahidayat
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to sort words and numbers associated with them.

Hi. I have a file containing words and numbers associated with them as follows - c 2 b 5 c 5 b 6 a 10 b 16 c 18 a 19 b 21 c 27 a 28 b 33 a 76 a 115 c 199 c 251 a 567 a 1909 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maq
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put numbers against the words

Hi All, I tried to solve this but the result gives me all zeros for one file. I failed to do for all 500 files. I have some 500 files with the extension .dat I have another set of files; 500 in number with extension .dic I created these .dic files by using sort -u from the actual .dat files.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding numbers matching with words

Hi All, I have a file which looks like this: abc 1 abc 2 abc 3 abc 4 abc 5 bcd 1 bcd 3 bcd 3 bcd 5 cde 7 This file is just a miniature version of what I really have. Original file is some 1 million lines long. I have tried to come up with the code for what I wish to accomplish... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files with numbers and taking difference in third file

Hi All, I have two files in the following format, with numbers being defined under columns(described by a set of headers) and rows(again defined by a set of identifiers) 2013 2013 Make200 Make201 Merc BMW Jpur Del ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
9 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)