Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Locate text in file then remove and replace Post 302462325 by zaxxon on Thursday 14th of October 2010 01:25:21 AM
Old 10-14-2010
Posting a snippet of the input and desired output will help a lot. When doing so, use [code] and [/code] tags to keep formatting and enhance readability, thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove specified text from file

I am trying to write a script that kills old sessions, I've posted here over the past few days and the script is just about perfect except I want to be given the option to exclude specified PIDs from being killed. this is the entire script: if then rm /tmp/idlepids fi if then rm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove and replace text in a file

Hello all, How would I go to a particular line in a file and remove certain text from it and replace with something that I want it to be there. like: file /etc/abc now look for line HOME="/export/xyz" in /etc/abc and then replace with HOME=/"export/xyz1" thanks in advance guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace text in a file with text entered

I am trying to write a shell script that will allow the typing of a value, then using that value to replace data in a text file. I suspect I need sed. The format of the file is: Variable1:Value1 Variable2:Value2 The interaction would be something like: Shell Prompt: "Please enter the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove chunks of text from file

All, So, I have an ldif file that contains about 6500 users worth of data. Some users have a block of text I'd like to remove, while some don't. Example (block of text in question is the block starting with "authAuthority: ;Kerberosv5"): User with text block: # username, users,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: staze
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace/Remove not specific text in perl

Hello, Consider that i have many files that have the below format: file1 900 7777 1000 5 6 23 nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 1100 kkkkkkk file2 900 1989 1000 5 3 10 kkkdfdfdffd 1100 kkkkkkk What i would like to do is on every file to search the line that starts with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locate and remove lines with sed

Gents, I would like to remove some lines from a big file ( file2). The objetive is to remove all the lines in file2 containing a certain string which are in file data2delete.. file data2delete contens: 2573.0 7260.01 2893.0 7255.01 2903.0 7245.01 2897.0 7255.01 2561.0 7255.01... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Remove and replace repeated in file

Hi, i need to read a line from a file and count the number of times it appear in, then continuous to the second line with the same. So when i count a line i have to remove all duplicates in the file to not count it another time. while read line do n=$(grep -c $line File) print "$line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ToniX
5 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

2 Questions: replace text in txt file, add text to end of txt file

so... Lets assume I have a text file. The text file contains multiple "#" symbols. I want to replace all thos "#"s with a STRING using DOS/Batch I want to add a certain TEXT to the end of each line. How can I do this WITHOUT aid of sed, grep or anything linux related ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasc
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the text between all curly brackets from text file?

Hello experts, I have a text file with lot of curly brackets (both opening { & closing } ). I need to delete them alongwith the text between opening & closing brackets' pair. For ex: Input:- 59. Rh1 Qe4 {(Qf5-e4 Qd8-g8+ Kg6-f5 Qg8-h7+ Kf5-e5 Qh7-e7+ Ke5-f5 Qe7-d7+ Qe4-e6 Qd7-h7+ Qe6-g6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
html2haml(1)						      General Commands Manual						      html2haml(1)

NAME
html2haml - Transforms an HTML file into corresponding Haml code. SYNOPSIS
html2haml [options] [INPUT] [OUTPUT] DESCRIPTION
Transforms an HTML file into corresponding Haml code. OPTIONS
-e, --erb Parse ERb tags. --no-erb Don't parse ERb tags. -r, --rhtml Parse RHTML tags. --no-rhtml Don't parse RHTML tags. -x, --xhtml Parse the input using the more strict XHTML parser. -s, --stdin Read input from standard input instead of an input file --trace Show a full traceback on error -?, -h, --help Show this message -v, --version Print version Please note this program's function is to make a first approach towards converting your HTML. Although usually it will give you a nearly good result, it will often need tweaking - This is specially true when you are parsing RHTML, as it can include parsable and conditional tags which can be misinterpreted and break nesting. SEE ALSO
This program is shipped as part of the libhaml-ruby1.8 library package, you can check its corresponding documentation can be found in the libhaml-ruby-doc package. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org>, based on the command-line output of this program, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be freely used by others). December 18, 2008 html2haml(1)