Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question on how to manipulate a SIMPLE text file (using awk?) Post 302462309 by pludi on Wednesday 13th of October 2010 10:45:06 PM
Old 10-13-2010
Since it's about student grades, I have to ask: homework?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple awk question

Hello, I'm trying to use awk to print lines that match a regular expression. I am using awk to print a record only if it contains N/A. awk '/N/A/ {print $1}' When executed the script returns "awk syntax error near line 1". If I use /N//A/ it prints all records containing a "/", not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple awk question

Hi , I have a simple question in awk, i have long string which i am getting for a grep command. the output contains 50 fields. I need to display like first 5 fileds in a line and rest of all fields in the next line. { for(i=5;i<NF;++i) s= $i; print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,"\n",$s} Is the above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulate text for openldap import/export question.

Hey guys.. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this - but here goes. I need to manipulate an openldap export to match a different schema so that I can import into that system. Basically - its just text manipulation. I have gotten alot of it done just by using simple sed, but I am sorta... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2ambler
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple AWK question

Hi, let's assume i have an output below: orgauser 23826 :E:Validity senerse 2096 senerse 2111 senerse 21585 senerse 21596 root 12653 -bash root 17262 root 17278 Some lines have not any string in their third column. I don't want to see those lines. i just want to see the lines... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oduth
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help - Simple question

I have what a think is a simple question but I'm just a beginner in scripting. I'm my unix command line I run a date command that returns the following: Wed Apr 3 10:39:30 EDT 2013 How do I awk out the "10" only in awk? Or is awk the way to do it or is there a better way? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to manipulate csv file in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together a script to manipulate the date column in a csv file. I have file1.csv with the following contents: Date,ID,Number,Amount,Volume,Size 01-Apr-2014,WERFG,998,105873.96,10873.96,1342.11 01-Apr-2014,POYFR,267,5681.44,5681.44,462.96 I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate the text file in UNIX

Hi All, I have a file like below and i have 2 questions on this (They are 3 lines starts with 01 , 02 and 03. but is 01abc333644554 234 2334535 34534535355353 sfsdf345455 353 4543 jgkg tty 7676 02cdesdfsdfsdf 234 wesdfsdf 345345 234234 234234 2342342 dfgdfg sdfgg dgdgdg fgvfs... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva.pitchai
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to manipulate csv file in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk and unix programming and trying to manipulate a csv file. My current csv file looks like this: col1,col2,col3,col4,col5,col4,col5,col6,col7,col8 223,V,c,2,4,f,r,,y,z 223,V,c,3,2,f,r,,y,z 223,V,c,1,4,f,r,,y,z 223,V,c,4,3,f,r,,y,z 227,V,c,3,1,f,r,,y,z... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to manipulate a text file and store each version for every changes in a directory?

I attached both picturehttps://1drv.ms/t/s!Aoomvi55MLAQh1jODfUxa-xurns_ and *.txt file of a sample work file. In this file Reactions which only start with "r1f", "r2f", "r3f"......and so on. And for each reaction the reaction rates is situated couple of lines later with a "+" sign. For each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manipulate condition to send mail based on output text in file

Hi All, I have a working script as below. echo "Files loaded with $(cat /var/tmp/script.X1.out)" | mail -s "Files loaded with return code" mailid This script takes the output from script.X1.out file and appends the text "Files loaded with return code" and sends the email. Now what I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
5 Replies
AMC-NOTE(1)						       Auto Multiple Choice						       AMC-NOTE(1)

NAME
AMC-note - computes marks after scans data capture for AMC multiple choice exams. SYNOPSIS
auto-multiple-choice note --data project-data-dir [--seuil threshold] [--grain granularity] [--arrondi rounding] [--notemin min] [--notemax max] [--no-plafond | --plafond] DESCRIPTION
The AMC-note.pl command computes marks for all students from the scoring strategy extracted from the LaTeX source file by AMC-prepare(1) and from the data capture reports made by AMC-analyse(1). --data project-data-dir gives the directory where data files are (see for example AMC-meptex(1)). --seuil threshold gives the black ratio threshold (see AMC-analyse(1)) for deciding whether a box is ticked or not. --grain granularity --arrondi rounding ask marks to be rounded to a multiple of granularity. If rounding is 'i', rounding is done from below (as with floor(3)). If rounding is 'n', rounding is done to the nearest multiple of granularity. If rounding is 's', rounding is done from above (as with ceil(3)). For example, with options "--grain 0.25 --arrondi s", mark 6.285 is rounded to 6.5. --notemin min with this option, all marks below min will be replaced by min. --notemax max gives the mark to associate to a sheet where all answers are correct. If not used, marks are not scaled. --plafond with this option, all marks above max will be replaced by max. --debug file.log gives a file to fill with debugging information. --postcorrect-student s --postcorrect-copy c requests port-correction from the completed answer sheet identified by student and copy numbers. In post-correction mode, correct answers are not extracted from the LaTeX source file, but taken from the answers given on this sheet. AUTHORS
Alexis Bienvenue <paamc@passoire.fr> Main author Jean Berard Translation from French Georges Khaznadar Translation from French COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Alexis Bienvenue This document can be used according to the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Auto Multiple Choice 1.1.1 06/19/2012 AMC-NOTE(1)