Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Running RMAN backups from grid control but using oracle account with rsa keys vs a password ? Post 302462246 by samael00 on Wednesday 13th of October 2010 04:03:20 PM
Old 10-13-2010
Running RMAN backups from grid control but using oracle account with rsa keys vs a password ?

I'm a sysadmin trying to help out one of our DBA's setup the RMAN backups (Oracle 11g on rhel5 ) so they can schedule and control them from the OEM grid control. But we want the oracle user to use ssh keys instead of a password. I have the working rsa keys in place for the user but the GUI seems to require a password and all tests fail if we do not specify a password. I've looked around and been unsuccessful finding anything to resolve this so far. Is this something that can be done or does the software require a password ?

Thanks for your help.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

RSA Keys root account problem?

I have set up RSA private and pub keys between "NodeA" and "NodeB" Everything works fine when I test with a regular user account. However it does not work as root. I followed the same procedure to set up the keys as the root user but I am still prompted for a password. I have verified my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geek4lif
1 Replies

2. Solaris

PASSWORD LOOPof Oracle account

hi ...can anyone help me with this.. i have to create a oracle account, whose passwd should be in oracle password loop i know how to create account but i got stuck with oracle password loop so please help me ASAP... thanks in advance.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 6pound
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SSH-RSA] Still prompting for password after generating keys

Hello, I'm trying to perform these operations without entering any password, as user "fzd":fzd@machine1> scp /tmp/srcFile1 fzd@machine2:/tmp/$destFile fzd@machine1> scp fzd@machine2:/tmp/$srcFile /tmp/$destFilebut alsofzd@machine1> scp /tmp/srcFile1 machine2:/tmp/$destFile fzd@machine1> scp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzd
6 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)