Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Run PHP script when new email received Post 302462241 by DGPickett on Wednesday 13th of October 2010 03:42:24 PM
Old 10-13-2010
I think your cron is the right track, but tastes vary.

You can check your mailbox file not empty very easily, and if there is mail, popen a mail command to read it or whatever.

A longer term cron is fine if it just restarts a looping script if not already running.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Did not received any email for account activation

hi I did not received any such email for account activation nor i am able to see any status in my profile. Am i missing anything?? :confused: Please help Appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhush782003
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with mailx - Can execute but email not received

Hi, I tried running mailx command like this: sadm@bioinfo-z:~$ mailx foobar@gmail.com Subject: testgmail Some content. . EOT As you can see although it is successfuly executed. But still I can't receive email at my foobar@gmail.com account. What is the cause? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a script from incoming email

hi I have a bit of a problem i need help with. I have a script that runs no problems when i run it manually. as soon as i stick in tester: /app/scripts/run.pl into /etc/aliases & try to run it by sending a mail it doesnt work. the output files are owned by daemon, which i dont like & think... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo77
7 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

no email received

I have tried to register and got a message saying an email would be sent but no email has turned up. Could you try again please? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lookingfor help
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem on email sent but not received

hi.. I have the porblem where the email was sent but not received by users.. The message as below:- Dec 16 11:42:04 isp postfix/smtp: A80042B4B: to=<user_name@example.com.my>, relay=smtp.example.com.my:25, delay=890, delays=0.17/0.02/31/859, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script when I receive an email

Hi expert I wish to start a shell script when I receive an email. I modified the aliases file and I add this string as400nag: "|/home/nag-script/startstop/AS400-Boot.sh The solution works . When the as400nag user receive an email the /home/nag-script/startstop/AS400-Boot.sh starts .but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emi65
3 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

No activation email received

I have tried to register today with the username BatterBits, but have not received the activation email I do not live in any of the restricted countries - unless the UK has suddenly become a threat! I'd be grateful if you would assist. many thanks Ian (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unregistered
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check email with attachment received or not from UNIX shell script?

Hello Guys, Here is the requirement!! I want to check the mail with attachment received or not through unix scripting. And send an notification email when mail with attachment already received. Any thoughts on this is much appreciated!! Regards, Harry (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharry2017
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a blank line in between two O/Ps in tabular format which gets received over email

Hi Guys, I am stuck in between and seeking help here. Requirement: A script that will run every morning which will connect to Mysql database and run the query to inform us about the holidays (it will also check if there were any holidays during last 2 business days). So the three queries are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)