Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Subprocess errors
Operating Systems AIX Subprocess errors Post 302462089 by Jazmania on Wednesday 13th of October 2010 08:18:44 AM
Old 10-13-2010
Hi,

The server is used as a Model region. Code is tested in the region for Release purposes.. I suspect some new code has gone in and is causing the issue..

When the fork error occurs it usually freezes up the machine.. I'm not sure if I can run the ps -ef command at that specific moment when the error occurs..

Like i said before we've increase the subprocess threshold but I'm just worried we're delaying the inevitable..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting value of variable set in subprocess script

I am writing a shell script that executes another script by fetching it over the network and piping its contents into sh (ftp -o - $script | sh; or wget -O - |sh). Since this bypasses putting the script on the filesystem, this means I can't source the script directly (using . ), but rather it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hadarot
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to wait for the subprocess to finish in tcl

Hi All Here i have a piece of code, set filename "./GopiRun.sh" #I need to wait here until the GopiRun.sh is completed how do i achive this exit. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt about pipes and subprocess

Hi, I am having a trivial doubt. Please see the below pipeline code sequence. command1 | (command 2; commend 3) I am aware that the command that follows pipe will run in the sub shell by the Unix kernel. But how about here? Since these set of commands are grouped under "parantheses", will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

python: what's wrong with my subprocess.Popen

my script is #!/usr/bin/env python import datetime import subprocess import sys import os import signal from time import sleep def runForAWhile(cmd, secs=10): print("running %s" % cmd) timeout = datetime.timedelta(seconds=secs) print timeout proc = subprocess.Popen(cmd,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

subprocess termination: sun java domain

I have only one domain in my sun java apps. I restarted however I got the error below server failed to stop: abnormal subprocess termination could not stop domain could not stop domain could not stop one or more instances in the domain: domain1 starting up myapplication instance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python subprocess module

I need to run this command using python subprocess module (notice I'm using only variables): cmd = TESTPATH + ' -s ' + serviceName + ' -r ' + rdir + \ ' -m ' + masterAcct + ' -p ' + persona + ' -P ' + passwd (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xterm using python subprocess

Hi, I am trying to run a shell script using subprocess in python. I can run simple script with arguments using subprocess.But I am not able to embed xterm in subrocess command. #!/usr/bin/python import subprocess subprocess.call() Above code gives me error. Please help me in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python subprocess

Hi guys, I'm learning python and perl and i was trying to run from python a perl script using the subprocess module. I have an issue that i don't understand regarding this. I run this code: #!/usr/bin/python import subprocess p2 = subprocess.Popen(,stdout=subprocess.PIPE) output2 =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capitanui
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python3 subprocess troubles

After struggling with this for days now, I'm reaching out to the experts of all things linux for some help with this. I'm trying to run the following working command (on command line) inside a python script using subprocess: rsync -avzh --no-perms --delete --include="*sub*" --exclude='*'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies

10. Programming

[Python] - subprocess issue

So I have this basic script, see below import subprocess import shlex command = "gcloud projects list" subprocess.check_output(shlex.split(command)) subprocess.check_call(shlex.split(command)) The subprocess.check_call(shlex.split(command)) actually return what I expect. It returns... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
6 Replies
XUnionRectWithRegion()													    XUnionRectWithRegion()

Name
  XUnionRectWithRegion - add a rectangle to a region.

Synopsis
  XUnionRectWithRegion(rectangle, src_region, dest_region_return)
	  XRectangle *rectangle;
	  Region src_region;
	  Region dest_region_return;

Arguments
  rectangle Specifies the rectangle to add to the region.

src_region
	    Specifies the source region to be used.

dest_region_return
	    Specifies the resulting region.  May be the same as src_region.

Description
  XUnionRectWithRegion() computes the destination region from a union of the specified rectangle and the specified source region.  The source
  and destination regions may be the same.

One common application of this function is to simplify the combining of the  rectangles  specified  in  contiguous  Expose  events  into  a
  clip_mask  in the GC, thus restricting the redrawn areas to the exposed rectangles.  Use XUnionRectWithRegion() to combine the rectangle in
  each Expose event into a region, then call XSetRegion().  XSetRegion() sets the clip_mask in a GC to the region.  In this case,  src_region
  and dest_region_return would be the same region.

If  src_region  and dest_region_return are not the same region, src_region is copied to dest_region_return before the rectangle is added to
  dest_region_return.

For more information on regions, see Volume One, Chapter 6, Drawing Graphics and Text.

Structures
     typedef struct {
	 short x, y;
	 unsigned short width, height;
     } XRectangle;

Region is a pointer to an opaque data type.

See Also
  XClipBox(), XDestroyRegion(), XEmptyRegion(),  XEqualRegion(),  XIntersectRegion(),  XOffsetRegion(),  XPointInRegion(),  XPolygonRegion(),
  XRectInRegion(), XSetRegion(), XShrinkRegion(), XSubtractRegion(), XUnionRegion(), XXorRegion().

Xlib - Resource Manager 												    XUnionRectWithRegion()