Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Creating directories within a directory? Post 302461954 by gangsta on Tuesday 12th of October 2010 08:48:37 PM
Old 10-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
mkdir -p test/test1/test2
also another question bro

are these relative pathnames right? or can they be made into them?

mkdir -p test1/test2/test3 (creating 3 consecutive directories)
mkdir -p ../back1 ../back2 (creating two seperate directories)
mkdir -p /test1/test2 test3 (working from the school directory)
^ the one i got help with from above

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating directories

how do i create directories using command in my unix system, i could do with knowing how to do it with absolute pathnames and relative pathnames please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlvernon
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

creating directories on the same box

I have two login accounts 'fup04a' and 'fup04c' on the same unix box after log in using 'fup04a' and if I try creating a directory 'new' drwxrwxr-x 2 fup04a fup04a 4096 Nov 14 14:06 new but if i try the same with fup04c drw-rw-r-x 2 fup04c fup04c 4096 Nov 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating date directory and moving files into that directory

I have list of files named file_username_051208_025233.log. Here 051208 is the date and 025233 is the time.I have to run thousands of files daily.I want to put all the files depending on the date of running into a date directory.Suppose if we run files today they should put into 05:Dec:08... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi030
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Directories

I have many pdf files with similar naming conventions as this one: AC41_AC85_86_AC128_129_MC171_173_SF_207_FMV.pdf. It is a pdf file containing evaluations for these locations: AC41, AC85, AC86, AC128, AC129, MC171, and MC173. I want to create a directory for every location and put the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndnkyd
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating separate directories according to file extension and keeping file in different directory as

unix program to which a directory name will be passed as parameter. This directory will contain files with various extensions. This script will create directories with the names of the extention of the files and then put the files in the corresponding folder. All files which do not have any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deekay.p
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with creating directories and variables

i'm trying to write a script that has 2 variables, and uses the 1st variable as a number and the 2nd a name to create directories. so if you typed in ./myscript 5 week, it would create 5 directories named week1 - week5. whenever i run this, i get an error message saying week5 already exists, so i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: layne2kim
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving files into directories, creating directories, etc.

how can i move "dataName".sql.gz into a folder called 'database' and then move "$fileName".tar.gz * .htaccess into a folder called 'www' with the entire gzipped file being "$fileName".tar.gz? Is this doable or overly complex. so mydemo--2015-03-23-1500.tar.gz > database -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating new directories

I want to create a new system of directory structure for example mkdir -p ./iv.sac/resu/hhz.d However, I think that `mkdir -p` overwrites the directories. I want to avoid that and am doing something as follows in my bash script echo -e "\nCreating directories:" ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies
PS_BEGIN_TEMPLATE(3)							 1						      PS_BEGIN_TEMPLATE(3)

ps_begin_template - Start a new template

SYNOPSIS
int ps_begin_template (resource $psdoc, float $width, float $height) DESCRIPTION
Starts a new template. A template is called a form in the postscript language. It is created similar to a pattern but used like an image. Templates are often used for drawings which are placed several times through out the document, e.g. like a company logo. All drawing func- tions may be used within a template. The template will not be drawn until it is placed by ps_place_image(3). PARAMETERS
o $psdoc - Resource identifier of the postscript file as returned by ps_new(3). o $width - The width of the template in pixel. o $height - The height of the template in pixel. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Creating and using a template <?php $ps = ps_new(); if (!ps_open_file($ps, "template.ps")) { print "Cannot open PostScript file "; exit; } ps_set_parameter($ps, "warning", "true"); ps_set_info($ps, "Creator", "template.php"); ps_set_info($ps, "Author", "Uwe Steinmann"); ps_set_info($ps, "Title", "Template example"); $pstemplate = ps_begin_template($ps, 30.0, 30.0); ps_moveto($ps, 0, 0); ps_lineto($ps, 30, 30); ps_moveto($ps, 0, 30); ps_lineto($ps, 30, 0); ps_stroke($ps); ps_end_template($ps); ps_begin_page($ps, 596, 842); ps_place_image($ps, $pstemplate, 20.0, 20.0, 1.0); ps_place_image($ps, $pstemplate, 50.0, 30.0, 0.5); ps_place_image($ps, $pstemplate, 70.0, 70.0, 0.6); ps_place_image($ps, $pstemplate, 30.0, 50.0, 1.3); ps_end_page($ps); ps_close($ps); ps_delete($ps); ?> SEE ALSO
ps_end_template(3). PHP Documentation Group PS_BEGIN_TEMPLATE(3)