Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SSH - please make my life easier Post 302461925 by oboewan on Tuesday 12th of October 2010 06:06:21 PM
Old 10-12-2010
Thanks! That worked perfectly.

Yes, they do have bash, they just force us to use csh as a login shell for some reason. Seriously.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Dancing a samba is easier :(

Hello everybody, I am trying to get a suse linux computer ( 7.2 ) to show me my home directory under windows. I got samba started, and I can see the linux computer under windows, but when I try to open it, I get a login box. That is not so bad :) but I can't log on. I am using windows 2000 and I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micky
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help make script much easier

Is there any method to realise this in one command? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make ssh to behave as rsh

hi frnds, how to make the ssh service to behave as rsh.as we know ssh asks for passwd whereas the rsh doesnt.so how can i perform the followin operation without being asked for passwd. lets say i want to run the command "ls" on "remote_terminal" $ssh remote_terminal ls the above should work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mxms755
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

End of Life / Life Cycle Information

Hello everyone, I was searching for locations where I can get End of Life information on multiple versions of Unix. I have found some information which I list below, what I have not found or confirmed is where I can get the information for: DEC Unix/OSF1 V4.0D NCR Unix SVR4 MP-RAS Rel 3.02.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make ssh and send commands

Hi, I'm trying to make an SSH into a SGSN node and collect some commands printouts.:confused: I really don't know how this can be done. I think it must be like this: #!/bin/bash ssh user@192.168.88.10 Then I must enter the password, but I don't know how to do it, I tried with: echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagomes
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

An easier way to move character from field to a new line

Hi ! Is there a more convenient way to do the following: When, in $2, there is more then one letter (separated by ","), it returns the letter on the second position to a new line in $2 with the same content in $1 and $3 as the line this letter comes from. infile: aaaaa A,B 1,2,3,4,5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
6 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)