Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stream all log files into one file Post 302461886 by myjunk1 on Tuesday 12th of October 2010 03:49:36 PM
Old 10-12-2010
I tried tee but its not able to write to the combined.log as its already opened by the main.sh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File I/O Stream

Hi All, I am trying to read data from two files and then compare them and only print the records on the screen that have a same ID.i.e TAGNO =CUSTOMERNO For Eg My Input Files are (a) Transaction (b) Customer detail The data in file a is like: TagNo Date Time Station... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
0 Replies

2. Programming

open file stream problem

I have faced a problem that I use 2 file streams in a function and try to fopen() both files. Then I can't get the file descriptor. But if I just use 1 file stream and 1 fopen(), then i can get the file descriptor. Does anybody know why this happens? Thanks in advance. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivancheung
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk for stream log

Hi Master, I've log in here then try parsing log become : 3GPP-IMSI,Calling-Station-Id 528111500111614,6738790448 528111500068173,6738769831 ..... it is possible to use awk? cause i 've try awk ' /\Accounting\ /{f=1} f && /\3GPP-IMSI \:\ String Value\ /{imsi=$4} f &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bowbowz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Video stream] network stream recording with mplayer

Hi I used this command: mplayer http://host/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi -user root -passwd root \ -cache 1024 -fps 25.0 -nosound -vc ffh264 \ -demuxer 3 -dumpstream -dumpfile output.avi It's ok but... Video Playing is very fast! Why? Is it a synch problem? What parameter I have to use for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: takeo.kikuta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing all lines prior to the last pattern in a file/stream

Hi all, I didn't find anything that specifically answers this after searching for a bit, so please forgive me if this has been covered before. I'm looking to delete all lines prior to the last occurrence of a string in a file or stream from within a shell script (bash.) A bit of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is an (application/octet-stream) file?

I'm trying to learn as much about GRUB as I can and it's stages are stored in these types of files. Any info or search terms is appreciated!:wall: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
5 Replies

7. AIX

When AIX audit start, How to set the /audit/stream.out file size ?

Dear All When I start the AIX(6100-06)audit subsystem. the log will save in /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail), but in default when /audit/stream.out to grow up to 150MB. It will replace the original /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail). Then the /audit/stream.out become empty and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a file from input stream

Hi, Need some help with creating a file from input steam. Meaning from following command myfunc should be able to store the input stream to a file. echo a b c | myfunc The file thus created should have - a b c Here's what I've tried in myfunc() but didn't help - myfunc() { cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexional
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget for downloading a public file (stream) as mp4

I need a hint for using wget for getting a free content from a TV station that is streaming its material for a while until it appears on any video platform, that means no use of illegal methods, because it is on air, recently published and available. But reading the manual for wget I tried the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
5 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Play STRG - E-Viewer Recorded Stream file

I have got a .strg file, which I cannot open. I tried NMS Player from Novus, but It can't handle STRG files. How can I play these recordings? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kovacsdev
1 Replies
TEE(1)								   User Commands							    TEE(1)

NAME
tee - read from standard input and write to standard output and files SYNOPSIS
tee [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Copy standard input to each FILE, and also to standard output. -a, --append append to the given FILEs, do not overwrite -i, --ignore-interrupts ignore interrupt signals -p diagnose errors writing to non pipes --output-error[=MODE] set behavior on write error. See MODE below --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit MODE determines behavior with write errors on the outputs: 'warn' diagnose errors writing to any output 'warn-nopipe' diagnose errors writing to any output not a pipe 'exit' exit on error writing to any output 'exit-nopipe' exit on error writing to any output not a pipe The default MODE for the -p option is 'warn-nopipe'. The default operation when --output-error is not specified, is to exit immediately on error writing to a pipe, and diagnose errors writing to non pipe outputs. AUTHOR
Written by Mike Parker, Richard M. Stallman, and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report tee translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/tee> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) tee invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TEE(1)