Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network interface problem
Operating Systems Solaris Network interface problem Post 302461679 by malikshahid85 on Tuesday 12th of October 2010 03:24:49 AM
Old 10-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hergp
dladm shoud be available as /usr/sbin/dladm. If you run the command as root, you'll get something like:

Code:
# dladm show-dev
bge0            link: up        speed: 100   Mbps       duplex: full
bge1            link: unknown   speed: 0     Mbps       duplex: unknown

The output shows you all network interfaces recognized by the operating system, no matter if they are plumbed or not.

no it don't exist in /usr/sbin/dladm in my OS. One more thing when i reboot the system. it give the following error,
failed to configure IPv4 interface(s); elxl0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network interface problem

Hi expert, Need some help on network interface issue.. I have added 2 x NIC card onto the Ultra 2 system recently and configured as hme1 and hme2. I have unconfigured the onboard hme0 network interface and it was running fine till few days later, i keep recieving error messages showing hme0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

2. Solaris

network interface problem solaris 2.5

Hi guys, Hope somebody can help me on this. I have a Sun Sparc 20 workstation and it has a boot problem. During boot, an error message " ifconfig:socket: Bad File Number" come up and the workstation hang (cannot boot). I did boot -s and checked using ifconfig -a command but i got the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kroegand
0 Replies

3. AIX

Problem with a Network Interface

Hi every body, I have a Fiber Channel interface (fcs2) in AIX 5.2. This interface was fine & up but for some reason I could not return this interface UP again after I set it DOWN. When I tried to set this interface UP I encountered the following error: Method error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi Network card interface problem

My system info is show below:- #uname -a SunOS qfserver 5.8 Generic_117350-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 and I have two network card as shown below:- #ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 bge0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarifudin
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Network interface problem

HI, genunix: NOTICE: ce0: xcvr addr:0x01 - link up 100 Mbps half duplex genunix: WARNING: ce0: fault detected external to device; service degraded genunix: WARNING: ce0: xcvr addr:0x01 - link down genunix: NOTICE: ce0: fault cleared external to device; service available genunix: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
4 Replies

6. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Network interface-

Hello, Please what's the difference between: AND Thank you so much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

9. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
autopush(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      autopush(1M)

NAME
autopush - configures lists of automatically pushed STREAMS modules SYNOPSIS
autopush -f filename autopush -g -M major -m minor autopush -r -M major -m minor DESCRIPTION
The autopush command configures the list of modules to be automatically pushed onto the stream when a device is opened. It can also be used to remove a previous setting or get information on a setting. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f filename Sets up the autopush configuration for each driver according to the information stored in filename. An autopush file consists of lines of four or more fields, separated by spaces as shown below: major minor last-minor module1 module2 ... module8 The first field is a string that specifies the major device name, as listed in the /kernel/drv directory. The next two fields are inte- gers that specify the minor device number and last-minor device number. The fields following represent the names of modules. If minor is -1, then all minor devices of a major driver specified by major are configured, and the value for last-minor is ignored. If last- minor is 0, then only a single minor device is configured. To configure a range of minor devices for a particular major, minor must be less than last-minor. The remaining fields list the names of modules to be automatically pushed onto the stream when opened, along with the position of an optional anchor. The maximum number of modules that can be pushed is eight. The modules are pushed in the order they are specified. The optional special character sequence [anchor] indicates that a STREAMS anchor should be placed on the stream at the module previously specified in the list; it is an error to specify more than one anchor or to have an anchor first in the list. A nonzero exit status indicates that one or more of the lines in the specified file failed to complete successfully. -g Gets the current configuration setting of a particular major and minor device number specified with the -M and -m options respectively and displays the autopush modules associated with it. It will also return the starting minor device number if the request corresponds to a setting of a range (as described with the -f option). -m minor Specifies the minor device number. -M major Specifies the major device number. -r Removes the previous configuration setting of the particular major and minor device number specified with the -M and -m options respec- tively. If the values of major and minor correspond to a previously established setting of a range of minor devices, where minor matches the first minor device number in the range, the configuration would be removed for the entire range. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using the autopush command. The following example gets the current configuration settings for the major and minor device numbers as indicated and displays the autopush modules associated with them for the character-special device /dev/term/a: example# autopush -g -M 29 -m 0 Major Minor Lastminor Modules 29 0 1 ldterm ttcompat FILES
/etc/iu.ap ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dladm(1M), ttymon(1M), attributes(5), ldterm(7M), sad(7D), streamio(7I), ttcompat(7M) NOTES
The use of the autopush command is obsolete for networking data-links. The preferred method of configuring a list of automatically pushed STREAMS modules on a given networking data-link interface is the dladm(1M) autopush link property. Because network devices are self-cloning, the autopush command is inadequate for networking devices. The granularity of the autopush com- mand's configuration is driver-wide, and not per-interface as one might expect. Another reason not to use autopush is that administrators are more familiar with the names of their network interfaces than with device major and minor numbers. The dladm(1M) command allows the configuration using data-link interface names. SunOS 5.11 15 Feb 2008 autopush(1M)