Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting a flat file in XML Post 302461565 by humkhn on Monday 11th of October 2010 04:36:12 PM
Old 10-11-2010
Thanks I will give it shot!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML to flat file in Unix

Hello, How can I take a file in XML format and convert it to a comma separated format? Is there any scripts or programs that can do this for Unix? I tried surfing the net for such an application, but everything seems to be for Windows OS. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscarr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Pivot file to flat file

I have a file in this format. P1 P2 P3......................... A001 v11 v21 v31...................... A002 v12 v22 v32............................ A003 v13 v23 v33.......................... A004 v14 v24 v34.............................. . . . A00n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to flat file

Hi all, can u please help me in converting any given XML file to flat file. thanks in advance. -bali (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Column to Rows in a Flat file

Hi, Request To guide me in writing a shell program for the following requirement: Example:if the Input File contains the follwing data Input File Data: 80723240029,12,323,443,88,98,7,98,67,87 80723240030,12,56,6,,,3,12,56,6,7,2,3,12,56,6,7,2,3,88,98,7,98,67,87... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinikal
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting the date format in a flat file

Hi All, I am new to this forum, could any one help me out in resolving the below issue. Input of the flat file contains several lines of text for example find below: 5022090,2,4,7154,88,,,,,4/1/2011 0:00,Z,L,2 5022090,3,1,6648,88,,,,,4/1/2011 0:00,Z,,1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_sagar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading XML data in a FLAT FILE

I have a requirement to read the xml file and split the files into two diffrent files in Unix shell script. Could anyone please help me out with this requirement. Sample file --------------- 0,<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <Information... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with converting XML to Flat file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a XML file to flat file. Sample I/p: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?> <DataFile xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' contactCount='4999' date='2012-04-14' time='22:00:14' xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation='gen .xsd'> <Contact... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]xml to flat file

dear all, i need your advice, i have xml file like this input.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <session xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'> <capture> <atribut name="tmp_Filename" value="INTest.rbs"/> <atribut name="size_Filename" value="INTest.rbs"/>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle table extract: all columns are not converting into pipe delimited in flat file

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to extract oracle table into a pipe dilemited flat file. Below is my code and I have attached two files that I have abled to generate so far. 1. Table.txt ==> database extract file 2. flat.txt ==> pipe delimited after some manipulation of the original db... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting csv file to flat file

Hi All, I have a csv file which is comma seperated. I need to convert to flat file with preferred column length country,id Australia,1234 Africa,12399999 Expected output country id Australia 1234 Africa 12399999 the flat file should predefined length on respective... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
8 Replies
EVENTTIMERS(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					    EVENTTIMERS(4)

NAME
eventtimers -- kernel event timers subsystem SYNOPSIS
Kernel uses several types of time-related devices, such as: real time clocks, time counters and event timers. Real time clocks responsible for tracking real world time, mostly when system is down. Time counters are responsible for generation of monotonically increasing time- stamps for precise uptime tracking purposes, when system is running. Event timers are responsible for generating interrupts at specified time or periodically, to run different time-based events. This page is about the last. DESCRIPTION
Kernel uses time-based events for many different purposes: scheduling, statistics, time keeping, profiling and many other things, based on callout(9) mechanism. These purposes now grouped into three main callbacks: hardclock() callout(9) and timekeeping events entry. Called with frequency defined by hz variable, usually 1000Hz. statclock() statistics and scheduler events entry. Called with frequency about 128Hz. profclock() profiler events entry. When enabled, called with frequency about 8KHz. Different platforms provide different kinds of timer hardware. The goal of the event timers subsystem is to provide unified way to control that hardware, and to use it, supplying kernel with all required time-based events. Each driver implementing event timers, registers them at the subsystem. It is possible to see the list of present event timers, like this, via kern.eventtimer sysctl: kern.eventtimer.choice: HPET(550) LAPIC(400) i8254(100) RTC(0) kern.eventtimer.et.LAPIC.flags: 15 kern.eventtimer.et.LAPIC.frequency: 0 kern.eventtimer.et.LAPIC.quality: 400 kern.eventtimer.et.i8254.flags: 1 kern.eventtimer.et.i8254.frequency: 1193182 kern.eventtimer.et.i8254.quality: 100 kern.eventtimer.et.RTC.flags: 17 kern.eventtimer.et.RTC.frequency: 32768 kern.eventtimer.et.RTC.quality: 0 kern.eventtimer.et.HPET.flags: 7 kern.eventtimer.et.HPET.frequency: 14318180 kern.eventtimer.et.HPET.quality: 550 where: kern.eventtimer.et.X.flags is a bitmask, defining event timer capabilities: 1 periodic mode supported, 2 one-shot mode supported, 4 timer is per-CPU, 8 timer may stop when CPU goes to sleep state, 16 timer supports only power-of-2 divisors. kern.eventtimer.et.X.frequency is a timer base frequency, kern.eventtimer.et.X.quality is an integral value, defining how good is this timer, comparing to others. Timers management code of the kernel chooses one timer from that list. Current choice can be read and affected via kern.eventtimer.timer tunable/sysctl. Several other tunables/sysctls are affecting how exactly this timer is used: kern.eventtimer.periodic allows to choose periodic and one-shot operation mode. In periodic mode, periodic interrupts from timer hardware are taken as the only source of time for time events. One-shot mode instead uses currently selected time counter to precisely schedule all needed events and programs event timer to generate interrupt exactly in specified time. Default value depends of chosen timer capabilities, but one-shot mode is preferred, until other is forced by user or hardware. kern.eventtimer.singlemul in periodic mode specifies how much times higher timer frequency should be, to not strictly alias hardclock() and statclock() events. Default values are 1, 2 or 4, depending on configured HZ value. kern.eventtimer.idletick makes each CPU to receive every timer interrupt independently of whether they busy or not. By default this options is disabled. If chosen timer is per-CPU and runs in periodic mode, this option has no effect - all interrupts are always generating. SEE ALSO
apic(4), atrtc(4), attimer(4), hpet(4), timecounters(4), eventtimers(9) BSD
March 13, 2012 BSD