Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DB2 high CPU
Operating Systems AIX DB2 high CPU Post 302461559 by Vit0_Corleone on Monday 11th of October 2010 03:58:10 PM
Old 10-11-2010
Well we have finished upgrading of DS8000 and I located DB2 containers on separate filesystems.. the performance is just a perfect!!! thanks to everybody

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

High CPU Utilization

Good morning, I need some help figuring out what's eating up my cpu. My application can't get enough cpu to do its job. this is a sunfire V440 2CPU's at 1/593 GHZ with 8GB of memory. In the morning hours the box is at less than 3%. I can't figure out what else is using the CPU. We use foglight and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbouhaik
2 Replies

2. AIX

High CPU utilization

Hi am facing high cpu utilization on my sybase server. I have P550 Number Of Processors: 4 Processor Clock Speed: 1656 MHz CPU Type: 64-bit Kernel Type: 32-bit LPAR Info: 1 65-D837E Memory Size: 7840 MB in topas it shows Name PID CPU% PgSp Owner dataserv 565264 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

high cpu utilization

good morning. just wanted to ask if there's a way to check what causes the high cpu utilization of a server for the past 2 months? My jffnms report resulted to high utilization for a specific server last month. is there a way to check via a command line? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
9 Replies

4. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

5. Web Development

High CPU with Moodle

Hello list, I am managing a Moodle site on Apache2 server with Ubuntu. There are 20-30 simultaneous users and the server get 100% CPU and it stop working. The server is a dual core 3GHz and 4GB o memory. I think thta it is enough powerful machine for a Moodle site. How could I configure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlazkano
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

7. Red Hat

High CPU Utilization

Hi Experts, I need to understand few basic things regarding top command result from one of the node i have collected: Cpu0 : 4.6%us, 2.0%sy, 0.0%ni, 91.4%id, 1.3%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.3%si, 0.0%st Cpu1 : 0.0%us, 0.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 99.7%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st Cpu2 : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackjack87
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

CPU is high

Hi , We found CPU is high due to python process .Is this something that Oracle team should look on or Unix team has to work on it ?Could you please advise use of python process ? top - 12:03:03 up 43 days, 15:11, 5 users, load average: 1.53, 1.33, 1.23 Tasks: 126 total, 3 running, 123... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

High cpu usage

I have created one script and i have added it into cron to run after 10 mins. However I have noted that whenever that script runs, It causes CPU utilization of server to increase about 10-20 % I have rechecked script and there is no way i can make changes, Script contain only 2-3 commands. So... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Kswapd high cpu utilization.

Hi, Please suggest how to troubleshoot, kswapd is utilizing high cpu? also wanted to know which parameters are important and needs to be added with sar command for monitoring the performance of Linux (Oracle 5.8 -64 bit Please guide me. I am facing the issue where server is getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Component - Base graphical unit DESCRIPTION
A Component is an entity with a graphical representation. SYNOPSIS
my $c = Graphics::Primitive::Component->new({ origin => Geometry::Primitive::Point->new({ x => $x, y => $y }), width => 500, height => 350 }); LIFECYCLE
prepare Most components do the majority of their setup in the prepare. The goal of prepare is to establish it's minimum height and width so that it can be properly positioned by a layout manager. $driver->prepare($comp); layout This is not a method of Component, but a phase introduced by the use of Layout::Manager. If the component is a container then each of it's child components (even the containers) will be positioned according to the minimum height and width determined during prepare. Different layout manager implementations have different rules, so consult the documentation for each for details. After this phase has completed the origin, height and width should be set for all components. $lm->do_layout($comp); finalize This final phase provides and opportunity for the component to do any final changes to it's internals before being passed to a driver for drawing. An example might be a component that draws a fleuron at it's extremities. Since the final height and width isn't known until this phase, it was impossible for it to position these internal components until now. It may even defer creation of this components until now. It is not ok to defer all action to the finalize phase. If you do not establish a minimum hieght and width during prepare then the layout manager may not provide you with enough space to draw. $driver->finalize($comp); draw Handled by Graphics::Primitive::Driver. $driver->draw($comp); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Component. Instance Methods background_color Set this component's background color. border Set this component's border, which should be an instance of Border. callback Optional callback that is fired at the beginning of the "finalize" phase. This allows you to add some sort of custom code that can modify the component just before it is rendered. The only argument is the component itself. Note that changing the position or the dimensions of the component will not re-layout the scene. You may have weird results of you manipulate the component's dimensions here. class Set/Get this component's class, which is an abitrary string. Graphics::Primitive has no internal use for this attribute but provides it for outside use. color Set this component's foreground color. fire_callback Method to execute this component's "callback". get_tree Get a tree for this component. Since components are -- by definiton -- leaf nodes, this tree will only have the one member at it's root. has_callback Predicate that tells if this component has a "callback". height Set this component's height. inside_bounding_box Returns a Rectangle that defines the edges of the 'inside' box for this component. This box is relative to the origin of the component. inside_height Get the height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. inside_width Get the width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. margins Set this component's margins, which should be an instance of Insets. Margins are the space outside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. The margins should be outside the border. maximum_height Set/Get this component's maximum height. Used to inform a layout manager. maximum_width Set/Get this component's maximum width. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_height Set/Get this component's minimum height. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_inside_height Get the minimum height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_inside_width Get the minimum width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_width Set/Get this component's minimum width. Used to inform a layout manager. name Set this component's name. This is not required, but may inform consumers of a component. Pay attention to that library's documentation. origin Set/Get the origin point for this component. outside_height Get the height consumed by padding, margin and borders. outside_width Get the width consumed by padding, margin and borders. finalize Method provided to give component one last opportunity to put it's contents into the provided space. Called after prepare. padding Set this component's padding, which should be an instance of Insets. Padding is the space inside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. This padding should be between the border and the component's content. page If true then this component represents stand-alone page. This informs the driver that this component (and any children) are to be renderered on a single surface. This only really makes sense in formats that have pages such as PDF of PostScript. prepare Method to prepare this component for drawing. This is an empty sub and is meant to be overridden by a specific implementation. preferred_height Set/Get this component's preferred height. Used to inform a layout manager. preferred_width Set/Get this component's preferred width. Used to inform a layout manager. to_string Get a string representation of this component in the form of: $name $x,$y ($widthx$height) visible Set/Get this component's visible flag. width Set/Get this component's width. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-geometry-primitive at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2009 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-02 Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)