Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Any Android Developers in the Forums? Post 302461419 by Neo on Monday 11th of October 2010 06:36:47 AM
Old 10-11-2010
What apps are you going to develop? Is that something you can share?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Tapatalk Stats for Forums (Android v. iPhone)

Interesting... for both the iPhone and Andriod phones, so far browsing forums using the Tapatalk apps is rare. Seems folks like the web (browser) format better. With new tablets coming out, I think this trend (browser on tablets v. special apps) will continue. I was surprised, however, that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Debian

Sandboxes for developers

hi guys, I need to create a sandbox environment on my Debian based LAMP server for PHP/MySql development. Anyone who could point me in the right direction or share their insight? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy911
1 Replies
DISPLAY-DHAMMAPADA(1)					      General Commands Manual					     DISPLAY-DHAMMAPADA(1)

NAME
display-dhammapada - display a verse from the Dhammapada SYNOPSIS
display-dhammapada [-r | -m | -b | -pl] [<number> | all] dhamma [-r | -m | -b | -pl] [<number> | all] xdhamma [<number>] gtk-dhammapada OPTIONS
-r Use John Richard's translation (default) -m Use F. Max Muller's translation -b Display the same verse(s) from both -pl Use Polish language translation <number> specify the number of the verse(s) to display all display all file at once With no arguments a random verse is printed. DESCRIPTION
The Dhammapada is an anthology of 423 verses from the Kuddaka Nikaya part of the Theravada Pali Canon. It contains Buddhist ethical and spiritual precepts. One of the translations is by John Richards; the other is an older translation by F. Max Muller. Polish translation is by Zbigniew Becker. display-dhammapada prints to the standard output. xdhamma prints using xmessage on an X Window screen, or in bold using tputs on a text terminal. EXAMPLES
To display a verse each time you log in on a terminal, put display-dhammapada or xdhamma in your ~/.profile, ~/.bash_profile or ~/.login, as appropriate for your shell. To display a verse each time you log in on X Window, put xdhamma in your ~/.xsession. KDE 2.1 has "amor" toy that can display various tips. To use the dhammapada for that enter these commands at shell prompt: mkdir ~/.kde/share/apps/amor display-dhammapada -r all |perl -0777 -pe 's/ s* s* / % /g' >~/.kde/share/apps/amor/tips Then start amor K->Toys->Amor, right click on amor animation, select "Options" and select "Allow application tips" and "Show random tips". Use gtk-dhammapada to display verse in GTK window. To automatically attach Dhammapada verse in e-mail footer. To do this in mutt add set signature=display-dhammapada| in your ~/.muttrc file. FILES
/usr/share/display-dhammapada/dhammapada-english-transl.txt /usr/share/display-dhammapada/dhammapada-alternate.txt /usr/share/display-dhammapada/dhammapada-polish-transl.txt SEE ALSO
xmessage(1), tput(1). BUGS
You may found that xmessage and hence xdhamma is broken on XFree 4.0x. AUTHORS
Program: Copyright (C) January 1997-2003 by Richard Cepas <rch@online.lt> and contributors, placed in the public domain. See http://unicode.strangled.net/me/rch/dd.html Richards' English translation of the Dhammapada: Copyright (C) 1993 John Richards, Pembrokeshire (UK), permission granted for use here. See ftp://coombs.anu.edu.au/coombspapers/otherarchives/electronic-buddhist-archives/buddhism-general/e-texts/sutras-translations/dhamma- pada-english-transl.txt Muller's translation of the Dhammapada: Public Domain, used here courtesy of Project Gutenberg. Polish translation (by Zbigniew Becker): Public Domain, as explained at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain See also http://mahajana.net/dhammapada/ late 20th century DISPLAY-DHAMMAPADA(1)