Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying list of backup files using for loop Post 302461416 by milink on Monday 11th of October 2010 06:32:52 AM
Old 10-11-2010
Hi,

Issue solved, got the required output.

With Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying files

I am beginner to UNIX. I wanted to display 5 filesname with size from BIN directory. The order of display should be descending order in size. Can help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridher2000
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to list files in AIX 3.2 mksysb backup tape

Hi, Can anyone tell how to list files in a AIX 3.2 mksysb backup tape. Thanks! Victor Cheung (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying a list of files

Given a set of log files like trail.<timestamp> that are generated hourly, how do I get the list of files created for the current date, using shell script? Can anyone please help me?the format of the trace file is trail.YYYYMMDDhh I also need to know how I can "grep" for a particular word in these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Files Problem

To match all filename comprising at least three characters the first character is numeric and the last character is not alphabetic (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polineni
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble displaying parameters passed into a for loop

#!/bin/bash function check_num_args() { if ; then echo "Please provide a file name" else treat_as_file $* fi } function treat_as_file() { numFiles=$# for((i=1;i<=$numFiles;i++));do echo $i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikilahooch
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp list of files using FOR LOOP in ksh

hi i want to scp files from remote server B to my local server A... and i have a file containing list of all files to be scped from remote server B there is a passwordless connectivity set between remote server and my local server. need a ksh script.. with a for loop that goes through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop a file containing list of file names until the files are found?

Hi, I have a control file which will contain all filenames(300) files. Loop through all the file names in the control files and check the existence of this file in another directory(same server). I need to infinitely(2 hrs) run this while loop until all the files are found. Once a file is found,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while displaying(cat) file content inside telnet loop .

Hi Team, Not getting the file output inside my email which i am sending from unix box. . Please refer the below code : #!/bin/sh { sleep 5 echo ehlo 10.56.185.13 sleep 3 echo mail from: oraairtel@CNDBMUREAPZP02.localdomain sleep 3 echo rcpt to: saurabhtripathi@anniksystems.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tripathi1990
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Displaying multiple variables in for loop

Hi! I've run into a problem where my variables are displayed in the wrong order. Basically I'm supposed to use a file that has information like this username:firstname:lastname:etc:etc. What I'm interested in doing is reformating it into a something more like this: username lastname,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reindeermountai
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls command in a for loop displaying error

I have a few files inside a directory and in my code i am listing the files to get the filenames and do further operations.Details are given below: Dirname is taken as argument in $3 and filenames in variable $file Directory name =$3= /tmp/to-be_parsed/input Filename= $file=... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jag02
8 Replies
RDIFF-BACKUP-FS(1)					      General Commands Manual						RDIFF-BACKUP-FS(1)

NAME
rdiff-backup-fs - Filesystem for accessing rdiff-backup archives. SYNOPSIS
rdiff-backup-fs <mount_point> <repository> [repositories ...] [-option ...] DESCRIPTION
rdiff-backup-fs is a filesystem in userspace that reads rdiff-backup archives and provides convenient access. OPTIONS
--debug <0-4> Run rdiff-backup-fs in foreground with given verbosity of debug messages. -f, --full Store information about all revisions in memory. CAUTION: this may take a lot of memory if your archive contains many revisions. -l, --last Displays files from the most recent increment as directories, each holding every version of the file. CAUTION: this stores informa- tion about all revisions in memory and therefore may take a lot of memory if archive contains many revisions. -c <n>, --caching <n> How many files retrieved from the rdiff-backup archive may be cached by filesystem. By default rdiff-backup-fs will cache up to 10 files. If this switch is set to 0, no caching will be done. -r <n>, --revisions <n> How many revisions should be stored in memory for on demand revision retrieval. By default rdiff-backup-fs will store up to 10 revi- sions in memory. -d, --directory <path> Set directory for directory with temporary files. By default rdiff-backup-fs uses /tmp. -v, --version Print version of rdiff-backup-fs and exit. SEE ALSO
rdiff-backup(1) COPYRIGHT
rdiff-backup-fs is Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Filip Gruszczyski. rdiff-backup-fs is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. AUTHORS
Filip Gruszczyski <gruszczy@gmail.com> RDIFF-BACKUP-FS(1)