Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed multiple replace
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed multiple replace Post 302461403 by Scrutinizer on Monday 11th of October 2010 05:20:37 AM
Old 10-11-2010
Command-wise it looks pretty optimal to me. Perhaps you could split up "in.txt" into 4 or more different parts and process them independently and in parallel in the background to 4 or more different outputfiles that could then be merged after the fact....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed command to replace multiple lines

the file contains the follwoing lines /* * Copyright (C) 1995-1996 by XXX Corporation. This program * contains proprietary and confidential information. All rights reserved * except as may be permitted by prior written consent. * * $Id: xxx_err.h,v 1.10 2001/07/26 18:48:34 zzzz $ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radha.kalivar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find and replace multiple lines

I am new to linux and would like to modify the contents of a file preferably using a one line. The situation is as follows <start> some lines "I am the string" "replace string" more lines here <end> In the above example,On encountering "I am the string", the "replace string "should be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersimha
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple lines between tags using sed

I have a file example.txt with content look like this: <TAG> 1 2 3 </TAG> and I use a sed command to replace everything between <TAG></TAG> as below: sed -e 's/\(<TAG>\)*\(<.*\)/something/g' example.txt > example.txt.new But unfortunately, the command failed to replace as i want, it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollylamb
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace multiple occurrences on the same line, but not all

Hi there! I am really enjoying working with sed. I am trying to come up with a sed command to replace some occurrences (not all) in the same line, for instance: I have a command which the output will be: 200.300.400.5 0A 0B 0C 01 02 03 being that the last 6 strings are actually one... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED : Replace whole line on multiple execution

Hi, I am have one file with a line group=project_live I need to replace it with line group=project_live_support before I execute some application related script. The potentianl problem is when I replace this with sed using command sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED multiple find and replace

Hi, searched through the forums and not really found what I am looking for. I am a bit of novice when it comes to anything above basic scripting and not even that when it comes to the sed command. I have been reading the tutorials online but still struggling to get what I need :wall: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinwilson1303
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple text in a file using sed

can anyone please help me in the below scenario: File1: Hello1 Hello1 i want to use sed to replace multiple occurances of Hello1 in file 1 to welcome. Thanks a ton for the help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amithkhandakar
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to find and replace multiple numbers

I have looked around and there are several examples of how to use sed, but I don't think any of them help me very much with what I am trying to do. I have a text file like this.... 1! SRCNAM = 00001 ! 1! X = 50.0000, 0.0000,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury.int
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple lines through sed

Hi All, I have a input file as sample below <this is not starting of file> record line1 line2 line3 end line4 line5 record line6 line7 line8 my requirement is this, i want to select a pattern between first record and end, whatever is written between first record and end. and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgangwar
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace multiple column in one go

Hi, I want to replace the value in more than one column. For one column ,following command is working - sed 's/./$value_to_replace/$column number' file_name e.g. suppose this is input 1111000000 command - sed 's/./M/5' output= 1111M000000 For two column also command is like - cat... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
22 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)